Age of Oblivion - Alpha 7.10.21.2 - Stable (A21.2)

pipermac

Are the normal in game textures supposed to take a hit graphically? Seems like they are extremely low quality and if you didn't know what they were from playing, you'd have no chance of reading them. Everything that has been added in looks amazing but anything that is vanilla just looks like out of focus blobs. Seem to only run into this issue with this modpack/overhaul. I've tried lowering the graphic settings for textures all the way to low, quitting out, and then restarting and going back up to high, but the vanilla textures still look horrific. I'm not trying to be rude about this or trying to attack your work. I'm just curious about this. Really want to play this mod and that's just something that's very noticeable.

3 hours ago, LonesomeRaven31 said:

Are the normal in game textures supposed to take a hit graphically? Seems like they are extremely low quality and if you didn't know what they were from playing, you'd have no chance of reading them. Everything that has been added in looks amazing but anything that is vanilla just looks like out of focus blobs. Seem to only run into this issue with this modpack/overhaul. I've tried lowering the graphic settings for textures all the way to low, quitting out, and then restarting and going back up to high, but the vanilla textures still look horrific. I'm not trying to be rude about this or trying to attack your work. I'm just curious about this. Really want to play this mod and that's just something that's very noticeable.

It's been on a few other packs as well (mostly A19)

It's basically every dynamic block that can be down-graded.

Some packs haven't had this issue probably due to whatever they happen to add as custom dynamic items. **though a cpl packs have had perfect custom assets and still had low res. on vanilla ones.**

I'm afraid (as far as I know) there is no real way to guarantee permanent improvement without doing an overhaul of one mechanic or another in the base game itself.

Unless there is a modder out there that knows a way to optimize rendering somehow.

Obviously not me :(

15 hours ago, LonesomeRaven31 said:

Some people have found simply lowering the  from ultra to High will do it or setting texture quality to half.  it is odd that most fixes usually involve lowering graphic settings. (kind of opposite of what you expect. 

28 minutes ago, riscoloco said:

Every time i get a key for a vehicle and use it changes name to empty vehicle then just vanishes.

it will fail if you upgrade  and already searched/empty vehicle.... it only works if it hasnt been searched.  (I am currently looking at  finding a way to allow searched/empty vehicles to be upgraded!)

Thanks for the suggestion Piper. Lowering the texture quality did sharpen them up a little bit. While I was in the menu, I went down and liked the results and moved them back up to ultra or whatever I had it on before and for a split second, it looked like it does in vanilla, but then went back to blobulation. I don't honestly get it but whatever. I'll play on a little lower setting to get sharper graphics on vanilla items. Thanks again.

39 minutes ago, SenpaiThatIngnoresYou said:

I have not seen the oblivion trader on a new map. Have they been dialed back? i have meanclouds mining installed as well and that adds new ore nodes. would those conflict with the oblivion trader? 

It could,, given the Oblivion Traders are underground.

8 hours ago, Zodiark69 said:

It could,, given the Oblivion Traders are underground.

Hmmm, i will have to to some more investigating. I have tons of pitfall traps, tons of scatter bug nests, but i have not found an oblivion trader yet. The other caveot is that i spawned at the far end of the map. I am going to do some more exploration. Maybe i am in a spot with no traders? I assume we will have to do a fresh install when the mod gets updated, hopefully with the npc stuff. 

On 1/13/2022 at 10:09 AM, pipermac said:

it will fail if you upgrade  and already searched/empty vehicle.... it only works if it hasnt been searched.  (I am currently looking at  finding a way to allow searched/empty vehicles to be upgraded!)

I unlocked a "feature" vehicle, specifically the Volkswagen Beetle, and it has a speed of 0/ms...  :(  I repaired it and fueled it.  

2 hours ago, EmD89 said:

I unlocked a "feature" vehicle, specifically the Volkswagen Beetle, and it has a speed of 0/ms...  :(  I repaired it and fueled it.  

sorry..that one is broken...   I can  tell you how to easily fix it if you want. jsut send me a DM.

Hi! great mod!!! i am playing with a group of 5-6 people and we all love it!!!!

question though (and im sure to have more as we progress) but for now, The Railgun says to unlock Electocutioner perk which i did but its still locked? 

Im assuming you craft that at the Oblivion bench - Any fix for this? 

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

I know this may have already been answered and I do apologize in advance.

Is there a fix or a way to have the custom ui properly display in-game or was it disabled previously for some reason or another? Thanks for helping me out on this and keep up the great work on this overhaul mod! :D

22 minutes ago, Rygol said:

I know this may have already been answered and I do apologize in advance.

Is there a fix or a way to have the custom ui properly display in-game or was it disabled previously for some reason or another? Thanks for helping me out on this and keep up the great work on this overhaul mod! :D

Are you referring to the UI for alpha3 not being in Alpha 4?   IT was removed in order to get the mod compatible for A20. It is based on SMX which needed to get uppdated.    Alpha 5 is currently  in experimental release and it brings back a similar custom UI but it is not complete yet.

image.thumb.png.08ddeb34f2a78336d9f70ec70d963d78.png

On 2/7/2022 at 12:01 AM, StockInsAug said:

Hey there,

is it possible to use only the farming part of the mod without the new creatures like the tree monster?

Greetings

x2 tbh this mod hasnt worked properly for me and several others since 1.7, why you felt the need to add all that other stuff, to what was supposed to be a farming mod, and nothing else is beyond me, i tried to use A00 with a fresh game, no other mods installed and it filled my screen with a million red errors, the only way i could get out of it, was to hard close the game.

i guess what i'm saying is, drop all the other stuff, and just release the farming mod part for those who want it,...

• pipermac changed the title to Age of Oblivion - Alpha 5.01! (A20) Major Update
2 hours ago, pipermac said:

Alpha 5 has been released!

So I tried to update this via manual update (as that's how I'd originally installed it) and even though I followed the update instructions I got a wall of red text when I tried to log in.

So I decided to delete and do it like a fresh install, but I noticed that while the "mods" file is there, the "data" file that used to be at that link is there anymore? So not sure what to do. Please help?

6 minutes ago, CurseoftheBadger said:

So I tried to update this via manual update (as that's how I'd originally installed it) and even though I followed the update instructions I got a wall of red text when I tried to log in.

So I decided to delete and do it like a fresh install, but I noticed that while the "mods" file is there, the "data" file that used to be at that link is there anymore? So not sure what to do. Please help?

The data directory is no longer needed.... j just the mods folder.  Make sure EAC is disable and you  Generate a new map or use one of the included AOO Pregen maps.

24 minutes ago, pipermac said:

The data directory is no longer needed.... j just the mods folder.  Make sure EAC is disable and you  Generate a new map or use one of the included AOO Pregen maps.

So, if I understand then (and I may not because I'm new to this) you have to start a new game even if you're updating? (editing this to clarify because what I was asking sounded way more stupid than intended. I get that I have to start a new game but trying to help a friend and hoping she doesn't have to start all over.)

Also I was following download instructions from the site and deleted the prefab file originally - when the game tried to load, a lot of the wall of red/yellow was related to not having the prefabs?

Edited by CurseoftheBadger
forgot to add something (see edit history)

20 minutes ago, CurseoftheBadger said:

So, if I understand then (and I may not because I'm new to this) you have to start a new game?

Also I was following download instructions from the site and deleted the prefab file originally - when the game tried to load, a lot of the wall of red/yellow was related to not having the prefabs?

Instructions may not be updated for  Alpha 5.  (someone else manages our site) and yes a new game is 100% required