Age of Oblivion - Alpha 7.10.21.2 - Stable (A21.2)

pipermac

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2021 at 8:51 PM, CrypticGirl said:

Has anyone had any issues with the zombie resurrection table?  No matter which angle I approach it from, no matter where I hover the crosshair, I cannot loot it after it goes through its stages.

Sry, haven't gotten there yet.

Save yourself a lot of time and trouble, this guy put out his mod as "stable" for A20 and it's anything but. From quest issues, spawn issues, copyright issues to his general rudeness to even his own moderators, and the amount of cpu usage this mod takes on a server due to his inability to even half code, this mod isn't worth it no matter how good it looks.

On 12/30/2021 at 8:51 PM, CrypticGirl said:

Has anyone had any issues with the zombie resurrection table?  No matter which angle I approach it from, no matter where I hover the crosshair, I cannot loot it after it goes through its stages.

fixed  in update pushed out last night

3 hours ago, SenpaiThatIngnoresYou said:

It's out and the fist of the north star mod is also updated. 

I am not seeing any bandits or survivors. is my install messed up or were they removed in AOO .4? 

removed... not compatibile.  but there is a NPC core being worked on by other modders that will be available soon that will make  them much much better.

• pipermac changed the title to Age of Oblivion - Alpha 4.01! (A20)
5 hours ago, pipermac said:

fixed  in update pushed out last night

removed... not compatibile.  but there is a NPC core being worked on by other modders that will be available soon that will make  them much much better.

Ok. Thanks for the quick answer. I will also update my game now. I had mixed feelings on the survivors. On one hand they were nice to see them and the bandits out and about, but on the other they were kind of pointless if you can't recruit them. 

Is the new update at the launcher? 

Edited by SenpaiThatIngnoresYou (see edit history)

53 minutes ago, Syrex said:

"Changes: White River Tools  mod removed until compatibility with A20" though White River - Tools of Citizenship - A20 -- is it safe to install this as well now?

It should be......it wont have the Integration with the Quest Table...but It should work.

2 hours ago, SenpaiThatIngnoresYou said:

Ok. Thanks for the quick answer. I will also update my game now. I had mixed feelings on the survivors. On one hand they were nice to see them and the bandits out and about, but on the other they were kind of pointless if you can't recruit them. 

Is the new update at the launcher? 

Just wait for the new Survivors/NPC's!  You will be able to hire them and they will be able to carry things for you and follow you around!

been seeing this error on a new world generator load...still testing but thanks for this!

edit: got murdered at the start, going to try to remove the extra zombie add-ons, also created a lot of lag due to it. and are the floors supposed to suddenly collapse?

i do like the vehicles and new weapons.

image.thumb.png.8404d2188ebc793db6ea42c36877bc37.png

... oh btw, i put in smx a20 mod myself so the hud is changed in game. 

Edited by HYper (see edit history)

This mod runs much heavier on servers than some of the other Overhaul mods (we are talking at least one order of magnitude more). Unfortunately I was banned from the Mod's Discord for reporting bugs and producing use cases that were counter to the recommendation of the mod author. Telling users not to drop items, or not adding sale price to laser ammo to "encourage" users to stock up for late game,  or asking "why would you do that?" isn't acceptable as there are more use cases than how you expect a user to play your mod. I get that some of these discord messages may be in jest, however the attitude in which other messages are conveyed in discord meant the joking nature from the mod author was lost, instead it always felt confrontational.

My server host had threatened to terminate my hosting account with them if I kept running this mod because it was constantly using more resources than alert thresholds for 7d2d servers waking the on call tech. I wanted to like this mod, specifically for the farming aspects.

Finally some map gen tuning for things like Oblivion crates and dungeons/secret traders.. For the love of god I can't drive 10feet without running over one of them which made them more of an annoyance than a cool feature to explore.

1 hour ago, ScrotalSlampig said:

This mod runs much heavier on servers than some of the other Overhaul mods (we are talking at least one order of magnitude more). Unfortunately I was banned from the Mod's Discord for reporting bugs and producing use cases that were counter to the recommendation of the mod author. Telling users not to drop items, or not adding sale price to laser ammo to "encourage" users to stock up for late game,  or asking "why would you do that?" isn't acceptable as there are more use cases than how you expect a user to play your mod. I get that some of these discord messages may be in jest, however the attitude in which other messages are conveyed in discord meant the joking nature from the mod author was lost, instead it always felt confrontational.

My server host had threatened to terminate my hosting account with them if I kept running this mod because it was constantly using more resources than alert thresholds for 7d2d servers waking the on call tech. I wanted to like this mod, specifically for the farming aspects.

Finally some map gen tuning for things like Oblivion crates and dungeons/secret traders.. For the love of god I can't drive 10feet without running over one of them which made them more of an annoyance than a cool feature to explore.

you were never banned  so I don't know why you would claim that and if anyone is concerned about me being rude they can come to the discord and judge for themselves.

this is the extent of your messages on discord with regards to the  server load:

image.thumb.png.2968dd9e5d093b0a4d34e4fb69817850.png

Edited by pipermac (see edit history)

59 minutes ago, ScrotalSlampig said:

And you say you were Banned?    When you actually left  on your own at  8:50pm today?

image.thumb.png.d0f0f703cdf3258289826da27d6d8cbe.png

4 hours ago, HYper said:

been seeing this error on a new world generator load...still testing but thanks for this!

edit: got murdered at the start, going to try to remove the extra zombie add-ons, also created a lot of lag due to it. and are the floors supposed to suddenly collapse?

i do like the vehicles and new weapons.

image.thumb.png.8404d2188ebc793db6ea42c36877bc37.png

... oh btw, i put in smx a20 mod myself so the hud is changed in game. 

those can be ignored.... yellow errors are not an issue.

and for the hell of it this was the exchange you were referring to with the "Don't Drop it"   See the smiley face?  Usually a good indicator that is  it is just kidding.   Also Shortly After I posted  that I had just fixed it for the next release!  I was advising you to save it because later in the game there are weapon that use it and it is not craftable...you only get it from loot.

image.thumb.png.8370583ee0322fa34e76fec614d1bb55.png

On 1/4/2022 at 3:39 PM, pipermac said:

It should be......it wont have the Integration with the Quest Table...but It should work.

Just wait for the new Survivors/NPC's!  You will be able to hire them and they will be able to carry things for you and follow you around!

Will that carry over to clones? right now they are just people shaped turrets. 

Mini Miner needs fixing. I built it and as soon as I put it on my hotbar, I get a streaming red console error that I can only alt+F4 to do anything.

Needless to say, this happened yesterday, and even now loading my world starts with this.

Is there a way to get my save back, or do I have to start over again?

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2022.01.07 - 17.18.34.20.png

34 minutes ago, Gidaeon said:

Mini Miner needs fixing. I built it and as soon as I put it on my hotbar, I get a streaming red console error that I can only alt+F4 to do anything.

Needless to say, this happened yesterday, and even now loading my world starts with this.

Is there a way to get my save back, or do I have to start over again?

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2022.01.07 - 17.18.34.20.png

Thanks, I will get right on that!

18 hours ago, SenpaiThatIngnoresYou said:

Will that carry over to clones? right now they are just people shaped turrets. 

yup!  gonna be really good!

Here's one that's not as much of a priority (I think). Wanted to test and see what options I had for the variant blocks. The door one was fine, but the window one opened the door UI with this code in console.

I hope you can see it okay. If not lemme know and I'll try for a better view.

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2022.01.07 - 20.54.58.82.png

On 1/8/2022 at 12:19 AM, Gidaeon said:

Here's one that's not as much of a priority (I think). Wanted to test and see what options I had for the variant blocks. The door one was fine, but the window one opened the door UI with this code in console.

I hope you can see it okay. If not lemme know and I'll try for a better view.

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2022.01.07 - 20.54.58.82.png

thanks,,..yes that is a known bug right now!

14 hours ago, SenpaiThatIngnoresYou said:

Speaking of clones, i put down the pumpkin man, and it caused a buttload of null object errors. I have yet to get that clone to work in this mod, in either alpha 19 or 20. mod is installed via the launcher. 

Known error...already fixed but I still have to put out a patch for it! Thanks

12 hours ago, pipermac said:

thanks,,..yes that is a known bug right now!

Known error...already fixed but I still have to put out a patch for it! Thanks

Ah good. I was afraid i had put myself in mod conflict hell.  This is a good alternative to darkness falls if you like the current leveling system or play with mods that add skills.