Age of Oblivion - Alpha 7.10.21.2 - Stable (A21.2)

pipermac

On 5/11/2021 at 7:16 PM, pipermac said:

Btw.... Next version is looking like it will have signicant updates,  new cloning Workstation and Alchemy station that are upgradeabl, overhaul with the way cloning stations get crafted. Basic chamber don't get destroyed  but are emptied, you need to upgrade to a workable chamber using cloning ingredients. I have someone working on new recipes that should also be ready. Perks/skills added. New quests.   Gonna be significant! 

image.png.049b90d7f66b4e928adebc70dfc46810.png

image.png.42f829543be4c9c856ea896de1f43ede.png

Zomg.  This looks amazing.  Very excited!  

Question:  raw milk requires a pasteurizer to process into regular milk.  I don't see a recipe for a pasteurizer?  I haven't yet checked the creative menu.  

7 minutes ago, EmD89 said:

Question:  raw milk requires a pasteurizer to process into regular milk.  I don't see a recipe for a pasteurizer?  I haven't yet checked the creative menu.  

Annnndddd I got it figured out.  Pasteurizer doesn't seem craftable just yet, found it in creative.  

21 hours ago, EmD89 said:

Annnndddd I got it figured out.  Pasteurizer doesn't seem craftable just yet, found it in creative.  

thanks...I will fix that!

And What I think will be the Final Resurrection Process!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I was wondering if there is anything special I would need to do to replace the old farm life expanded with this version of it on my current world, is it just replace the old mod with the new one or is it going to cause issues changing after already playing with the old version?

18 minutes ago, swiftthelegend said:

Hey I was wondering if there is anything special I would need to do to replace the old farm life expanded with this version of it on my current world, is it just replace the old mod with the new one or is it going to cause issues changing after already playing with the old version?

Don't do it! It will definitely break things.... Highly reccomend starting a new game.  Also highly recommend to wait for the next release which I want to get out this week. 

2 minutes ago, pipermac said:

Don't do it! It will definitely break things.... Highly reccomend starting a new game.  Also highly recommend to wait for the next release which I want to get out this week. 

Ok thanks for the quick reply, just curious is it because they are too different? cause its technically still the same mod right?

Just now, swiftthelegend said:

Ok thanks for the quick reply, just curious is it because they are too different? cause its technically still the same mod right?

Similar but a lot of changed code... Think of it as a rebuild. Stuff has been taken out, new stuff put in and stuff that is same has different code. It is alpha still so even when new releases come out  it may need new games to be started. 

1 minute ago, pipermac said:

Similar but a lot of changed code... Think of it as a rebuild. Stuff has been taken out, new stuff put in and stuff that is same has different code. It is alpha still so even when new releases come out  it may need new games to be started. 

Ok thanks for the clarification

I have  Test version of Alpha 2 that I need a few pretesters for.  The Code has been restructured and I need a few people to go in creative and just test as much as much as possible for errors.  If you would like to do this send me a PM.

• pipermac changed the title to Farm Life Revisited - Alpha 1.5! Big Update!
On 3/25/2021 at 10:19 AM, pipermac said:

This is my rebuild of the Farm Life Expanded mod.  
This is an Alpha release and is still limited in features. It is meant as a preliminary test to receive feedback and find any issues.

While most of the assets and recipes come from the Farm Life Expanded mod this is a brand new mod and not simply a fix for the old one. 

About:
Everything within this mod starts at the Farm Table, Craft the Farm Table and you will have access to everything.  There are many Crafting tables, they are:

Farm Table

Cloning Station

Butcher Table

Brew Station

Cold Smoker

Dairy Churn

Gas Oven

KitchNaid

Rustic Smoker

Webber Grill

Wood Grill
Webber and Wood Grill are identical except for appearance as well the Rustic and Cold Smokers are identical.

There are limited food recipes available right now but enough to make a difference.

Many Crops do not have any use. (But they will)

Animal Breeding/crafting has been completely overhauled!  In order to craft another living thing you first need a Cloning Table.  You then need a Cloning Chamber. To craft a cloning chamber you will require Cryogenic  Material and DNA, Both of which can be found in the world. DNA can be extracted from Raw Meat using the Cloning Table. there are 3 types of Cryogenic Material and two types of DNA.  
What can you Clone?
Thanks to Arramus and Oak Raven for allowing me to integrate Oak's pets and Guards! As a result we can clone:

Turret Guards

Animal Guards

Pet animals

A Chicken that lays Eggs

A Cow that makes milk

A Cow to harvest Beef and Leather

A Pig to harvest Pork

There will be many more to come!

Cloning stations come in Normal and Advanced Versions! Normal one are only good for one use, Advanced ones can be reused!  Be careful Cloning is a finnicky process and does not work 100% of the time.  in fact it only works from 20-50% of the time. Failure results in Rotten Flesh

In this Alpha the time to clone has been reduced greatly in order to make testing easier. The time will be increased in the next version.

There are still Items without Descriptions and there is no Quest system right now.  There is still a lot  to be added to get to 1st Full release.

Future Plans:

A robust quest progression
Decor!  There will be a lot of Decorative Blocks eventually added. Emphasis of the mod is to build a beautiful and Functional Farm!
A lot More Recipes
Many More Animals, more types of meat!
Vehicles

Alpha 1.1 is out

Download Alpha 1.1

Fixed up the Skill Tree (Not Completed)

Started a new Quest system (Not Completed)

Added Farm Crop Plots

Added another Gas Oven, pizza oven and more Grills.

All you do is craft "Ovens" "Grills" or Smokers and you from their each model is a Variant option.

Added a few Descriptions that were missing. (still many missing)

Removed Press "E" to pick up a Crop. when harvested this way the  crop does not get replanted.

Removed  a block for an apple tree that is no longer used . ( only mattered if you were using creative mode and found that particular tree.)

Alpha 1.2 is available

Download Alpha 1.2

Fixed Garden Hoe to properly prepare ground  to be able plant. 

Alpha 1.21 is Available

Download Alpha 1.21

Fixed issue with some Recipes not unlocking as intended.

Alpha 1.3 is Available

Download Alpha 1.3

Oak's pets now completely integrated (No separate Directory)
many tiny code fixes that probably were not noticeable to most.

Garden Hoe recipe added. 
All New Cloning Chambers!!!!!!!!
New Pets! Elephant, Penquin, Camel, Cat!  
New Guard!  Pumpkin Man! Burns you enemies alive!

ALPHA 1.5 is Available!  Big Update!

Download Alpha 1.5 

NOTE:  Lots of Changes.....you will 1000% have to start a new game and I would recommend playtesting for awhile before starting a serious game with it

Restructured Folder and file Structure. Standardized Naming.  (Search AOO to find items)

Added:

Advanced Forge

Resurrection Table

Alchemy Table

Many Vehicles
Lots of Decor!  Windows, Doors and Furniture

Working Windmill

and other smaller tweaks.

windows.png

snowspeeder.png

Screenshot 2021-05-30 235035.png

Screenshot 2021-05-30 234945.png

Screenshot 2021-05-30 234212.png

Screenshot 2021-05-30 233830.png

Screenshot 2021-05-30 233750.png

gokart.png

scooter.png

furniture.png

ee.png

DOORS.png

delorean.png

broom.png

Screenshot 2021-06-17 125914.png

Screenshot 2021-06-17 125815.png

Screenshot 2021-06-17 125754.png

Screenshot 2021-06-17 125725.png

Screenshot 2021-06-17 125634.png

How do I download this mod?

• pipermac changed the title to Farm Life Revisited - Alpha 1.6!

Thank you so much for this great Pipermac update.
Keep up the great work, although there are certain things that look weird in a mod that is farm exclusive, it would be better to change the name and make it a totally new mod.
Regards

40 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Thank you so much for this great Pipermac update.
Keep up the great work, although there are certain things that look weird in a mod that is farm exclusive, it would be better to change the name and make it a totally new mod.
Regards

The name will be changing as it evolves... Age of Oblivion.. But I plan to make a standalone farmlife lite that is just strictly the farming components for those that only want that.. 1.7 is coming very soon with a bunch more food recipes. 

• pipermac changed the title to Farm Life Revisited - Alpha 1.7! (AKA Age of Oblivion)
On 6/24/2021 at 12:51 PM, fnfear said:

Would it be possible to get a smx ui patch? I'd love to use this mod but it doesn't seem to work with smx :(

I will see how to make it compatible.

On 6/24/2021 at 1:40 PM, bigoogabaloogas said:

Is there any way to remove the 90 slot backpack? I have a mod that reduces backpack slots because I'm trying out a hardcore playstyle.

thats a pain...but I can see what I can do.

On 6/19/2021 at 2:20 AM, CoryHavoc said:

I did that and it doesnt have a run file or any way to play it. it just has the file infomation

You just need to extract all the files in to your Mods folder in you 7 Days to Die directory.

On 6/24/2021 at 12:51 PM, fnfear said:

Would it be possible to get a smx ui patch? I'd love to use this mod but it doesn't seem to work with smx :(

What issues are you having?   I just loaded them together without a problem.  havent played with them both to see what issues my come up.  I did notice that for the Advanced Forge the display is off.

• pipermac changed the title to Age of Oblivion - Alpha 1.71! and FarmLife Revisited Lite

Hello! When opening the skills tab (age of oblivion), an error appears in the console. What to do?

Spoiler

spacer.png

DivideByZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero.
  at XUiC_SkillAttributeInfoWindow.SkillChanged () [0x00039] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0 
  at XUiC_SkillWindowGroup.Update (System.Single _dt) [0x00033] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0 
  at XUi.OnUpdateDeltaTime (System.Single updateDeltaTime) [0x0014d] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0 
  at XUiUpdater.Update () [0x0003f] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0 
  at XUiUpdateHelper.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0 

(Filename: <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac> Line: 0)

Edited by zizionard (see edit history)

8 hours ago, zizionard said:

Hello! When opening the skills tab (age of oblivion), an error appears in the console. What to do?

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

DivideByZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero.
  at XUiC_SkillAttributeInfoWindow.SkillChanged () [0x00039] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0 
  at XUiC_SkillWindowGroup.Update (System.Single _dt) [0x00033] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0 
  at XUi.OnUpdateDeltaTime (System.Single updateDeltaTime) [0x0014d] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0 
  at XUiUpdater.Update () [0x0003f] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0 
  at XUiUpdateHelper.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac>:0 

(Filename: <8676d591e24b4790910cdee451580eac> Line: 0)

I would remove  what looks like SMX mod and see if you still have a problem.

6 minutes ago, zizionard said:

@pipermac Yes, it was about SMX mod

But there are also disadvantages on the part of mod:

1. I can't create a forge with all the resources and skills

Hide contents

spacer.png

2. I can't learn some skills while having a sufficient level of standard skills

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

All Work Benches including vanilla  are crafted on the "Oblivion Bench"  And those skills do not exist yet..henc  "To be determined" and "Coming Soon"

On 7/5/2021 at 12:18 PM, pipermac said:

All Work Benches including vanilla  are crafted on the "Oblivion Bench"  And those skills do not exist yet..henc  "To be determined" and "Coming Soon"

started on your mod last night and i wanna say i like what i see in the description especially the reduced amount of dukes per item sold and also i spent the first 2 days just cutting down trees in the town i spawned next too as i had an over abundance of them to the point it was actually lagging me and also  i spawned literally right in front of the traders door XD

• pipermac changed the title to Age of Oblivion - Alpha 7.10.21.2 - Stable (A21.2)