Age of Oblivion - Alpha 7.10.21.2 - Stable (A21.2)

pipermac

1 minute ago, pipermac said:

The zip file should have a modified version of oaks pets in it. So when you unzip it there are two directories. 

Also could be a typo... I think it should be stunner not stuner.  I will check when I get home. 

For Some reason I am not able to Edit the first post to post this.:

Alpha 1.1 is out

Download Alpha 1.1

Fixed up the Skill Tree (Not Completed)

Started a new Quest system (Not Completed)

Added Farm Crop Plots

Added another Gas Oven, pizza oven and more Grills.

All you do is craft "Ovens" "Grills" or Smokers and you from their each model is a Variant option.

Added a few Descriptions that were missing. (still many missing)

hello, i really love your mod but i found 2 bugs related to the Webber Grill and the KitchNaid, whent you try to use the webber grill the console throws "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to instance or an object" next you can't open any other work station until you destroy the webber gril.
and the Kitchnaid, it's difficult to use, the most of the time you are trying to open it it doesn't open the crafting ui like if you are not pressing "E".

Also i have a pair of questions and suggestions, will you add movement to the animals? like the cow and chicken who currently only works like furniture?
you will remove the explode animation after loot from the animals?

you wil add animal breeding or you onlly will get animals from cloning?

a little suggestion, horse and fish breeding (like a fish tank) could be a nice adittion for the future.
a requeriment to have a nest (a craftable nest) for the lying chicken may be a good alternative but the nest in order to give you eggs needs a lying chickens in a certain area around the nest, this will encourage you to build animal pens, also to give purppose to the crops make the animal need food to give you the resources.

also i like the fact of when you get resources from an animal it becomes a baby again (except for the egg chickens) but the breeding mechanic could be, in order to get a baby after you kill an animal you must have at least 2 more well fed animals. 

Also a way to convert the meat from the mod the meat from the game could be really good

also i have a doubt, as i know you can't craft the dna extractor, im already have a 21 days world and im not found the item in the loot, the item it's obtainable from loot?

i love how this mod works and a i like to see the future updates, keep up the good work.

Edited by AnkhAsmodeus (see edit history)

1 hour ago, AnkhAsmodeus said:

hello, i really love your mod but i found 2 bugs related to the Webber Grill and the KitchNaid, whent you try to use the webber grill the console throws "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to instance or an object" next you can't open any other work station until you destroy the webber gril.
and the Kitchnaid, it's difficult to use, the most of the time you are trying to open it it doesn't open the crafting ui like if you are not pressing "E".

Also i have a pair of questions and suggestions, will you add movement to the animals? like the cow and chicken who currently only works like furniture?

a little suggestion, horse and fish breeding (like a fish tank) could be a nice adittion for the future.
a requeriment to have a nest (a craftable nest) for the lying chicken may be a good alternative but the nest in order to give you eggs needs a lying chickens in a certain area around the nest, this will encourage you to build animal pens, also to give purppose to the crops make the animal need food to give you the resources.

also i like the fact of when you get resources from an animal it becomes a baby again (except for the egg chickens) but the breeding mechanic could be, in order to get a baby after you kill an animal you must have at least 2 more well fed animals. 

Also a way to convert the meat from the mod the meat from the game could be really good

also i have a doubt, as i know you can't craft the dna extractor, im already have a 21 days world and im not found the item in the loot, the item it's obtainable from loot?

i love how this mod works and a i like to see the future updates, keep up the good work.

thanks,

First thing...have you installed the latest version that I just recently posted?
When I figure out how I would like to give some additional movement to those specific animals.  the pets  that you can clone do have movement.
Also yes I would like to remove the explosion, again something i have to figure out how to do.
There are going to be many more options for Animal Breeding/Cloning.   Cloning is the way to breed animals!  There will also be  Cloning chambers that will clone specific animals as well. Random was done for inital Alpha release for testing purposes.  Yup...I plan to have a way to Convert Meat to the specific meat that you need. Just haven't figured out how I want to do it.

DNA Extractor should be able to be crafted from the Farm Table (the Recipe is in the files)

The Lastest version has the start of a quest system.   DNA extractor is not part of any of the quest right now but it will be added to the Cloning quests.

Thanks

1 minute ago, pipermac said:

thanks,

First thing...have you installed the latest version that I just recently posted?
When I figure out how I would like to give some additional movement to those specific animals.  the pets  that you can clone do have movement.
Also yes I would like to remove the explosion, again something i have to figure out how to do.
There are going to be many more options for Animal Breeding/Cloning.   Cloning is the way to breed animals!  There will also be  Cloning chambers that will clone specific animals as well. Random was done for inital Alpha release for testing purposes.  Yup...I plan to have a way to Convert Meat to the specific meat that you need. Just haven't figured out how I want to do it.

DNA Extractor should be able to be crafted from the Farm Table (the Recipe is in the files)

The Lastest version has the start of a quest system.   DNA extractor is not part of any of the quest right now but it will be added to the Cloning quests.

Thanks

yes i already try in this latest version and i also found a new bug, if you go to the skills menu and click in the farm life tab the console spam divide by zero exception, and the farming table don't show the recipe for dna extractor only animal dna. 

21 minutes ago, AnkhAsmodeus said:

yes i already try in this latest version and i also found a new bug, if you go to the skills menu and click in the farm life tab the console spam divide by zero exception, and the farming table don't show the recipe for dna extractor only animal dna. 

thanks...will look at it right now!

23 minutes ago, AnkhAsmodeus said:

if you want to always get the latest builds and information you are welcome to join our discord  https://discord.gg/hBqXBTbjTV

25 minutes ago, AnkhAsmodeus said:

If you type DNA in the search field of the farm table the DNA extractor will show up...it jsut doesnt show up in any of the tabs. I will fix that

27 minutes ago, AnkhAsmodeus said:

I do not get the problem going to the skills tab.  can you tell me what other mods you are loading?  I suspect a conflict.

36 minutes ago, pipermac said:

thanks...will look at it right now!

if you want to always get the latest builds and information you are welcome to join our discord  https://discord.gg/hBqXBTbjTV

If you type DNA in the search field of the farm table the DNA extractor will show up...it jsut doesnt show up in any of the tabs. I will fix that

I do not get the problem going to the skills tab.  can you tell me what other mods you are loading?  I suspect a conflict.

https://github.com/Sirillion
SMXhud
SMXmenu
SMXui
ZMXuiCPBBM

ZMXuiCPTFS

those one change the default interface of the game i think maybe there is the problem but i also have

SuperNailgun
2 PerkPoints per level
Don't Use Up Water

Stainless Steel

Thank you very much Pipermac, this new version has not given me problems regarding the progression.xml file, it works perfectly with my Action Skills mod.
The DNAExtractor problem has already been solved, I was just going to notify you.
For the other objects I can not tell you much, I have barely been playing, but I will let you know.
Regards

Hi Pipermac

Yesterday I came back into my game and I got a big surprise, my character returned to level 1, he appeared in another place as if he started a new game and I went to the place where I had my things and all the boxes were empty, I can not open my forges, nothing.
I have the latest version that you uploaded installed.
Regards

19 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Hi Pipermac

Yesterday I came back into my game and I got a big surprise, my character returned to level 1, he appeared in another place as if he started a new game and I went to the place where I had my things and all the boxes were empty, I can not open my forges, nothing.
I have the latest version that you uploaded installed.
Regards

Corrupted player save file.. Nothing to do with the mod. 

1 hour ago, EmD89 said:

Does this include the full Pet mod?  Wanting to know if I will be able to utilize the guards, pets, etc, if I download Farm Life Revisited.  

It has all the pets but changes how you get them.  Right now you have to tray and clone them  and if successful you get a random one.  Eventually you will be able to specify which ones you want to clone. 

On 4/6/2021 at 3:13 PM, AnkhAsmodeus said:

I have not experienced any issues with the Grill or the KitchNaid.    Could you try loading the Mod  by itself with no other mods to see if you still experience the problem?

1 hour ago, Pumpnakubb said:

well that is an odd one.....I will find out whats wrong and let you know as soon as I know.

1 hour ago, Pumpnakubb said:

I figured it out....this recipe and some others used to be crafted in a forge...so it is looking for forged Iron and Clay.   I will fix all these recipes  shortly and update the files. I will post a download for the specific file for you so you dont have to download the whole thing.

Hey Pipermac,

I've recently started getting into the mod. I'm having troubles completing the first of the cloning missions. I was able to craft both the "Seeds Seeds Seeds" and the "Beginner Cloning" missions just fine. I was able to do the "Seeds Seeds Seeds" mission just fine. I can't make any progress on the "Beginner Cloning" mission. When I go to the Farming Table to craft the Cloning Station the only option I have is "Perk" because the game still thinks I don't have the Cloning perk researched yet. My Farm Life skills tab is completely maxed out. There's the 1 point by default in the "Nothing to see here" Farm life level, 2 points in "Cloning", and 2 points in "Planting and Growing". I also have the Intelligence skill maxed out at level 10. I can't figure out why the game doesn't register that I have cloning researched. 

For additional information, this save is a completely brand new save that I started after the mod was installed. I do have quite a few other mods. 

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

On 4/11/2021 at 12:15 PM, pipermac said:

I have not experienced any issues with the Grill or the KitchNaid.    Could you try loading the Mod  by itself with no other mods to see if you still experience the problem?

Hi Pipermac and AnkhAsmodeus

The problem could be an incompatibility with sirilion's SMX mod, it changes the game's UI.
Because I have not had any problem with the KitchNaid and the Webber Grill to open them, only a problem with the sound of the webber grill and rustic smoker, nothing is heard when opening or closing or making something, but it is easy to solve.
Regards

Hi NecroNile and Untamed_Wolf

If they already had points in Intellect and Fortitude, and then they started doing the cloning mission, possibly they got bugged and that is the reason why it does not take that they have already learned the cloning skill.
It could also be because of some other mod that they have installed and cause incompatibility.
Regards

P.S.  Pipermac there is a small error in the recipe of the mission to make the Random Turret Guard Cloning, he asks you for the Animal DNA recipe when it should be Human DNA.

Thanks for the suggestions, Gouki, but I'm not running with any other mod that adds quests or deals with intellect, and we tried it with another character and figured out that the cloning station is unlocked when you buy the first level of cloning, but then it becomes locked when you buy the 2nd level of cloning.

3 minutes ago, Untamed_Wolf said:

Thanks for the suggestions, Gouki, but I'm not running with any other mod that adds quests or deals with intellect, and we tried it with another character and figured out that the cloning station is unlocked when you buy the first level of cloning, but then it becomes locked when you buy the 2nd level of cloning.

Yup! That was the problem I found! 

• pipermac changed the title to Age of Oblivion - Alpha 7.10.21.2 - Stable (A21.2)