Age of Oblivion - Alpha 7.10.21.2 - Stable (A21.2)

pipermac

On 9/4/2021 at 10:56 PM, SenpaiThatIngnoresYou said:

I just found this mod 7 Days to Already Dead 2 at 7 Days to Die Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com), and it looks like it may be compatible with this. If so then darkness falls is going to take a back seat because making clones AND exploding zombies with martial arts is cooler. 

does this work with random gen? or does it require special maps? 

Also is it compatible with sorcery? 

Sorry I haven't replied sooner!  yes works with any map!   not sure if it works with Sorcery or not...you can always try and let everyone know! 

Decided to check it out. Found that sorcery is almost compatible. AoO doesn't like the added skill tree. I can see that it added it but can't switch to it to input skill points. Everything else at the start seemed to work fine tho. I love all the animals. :)

• pipermac changed the title to Age of Oblivion - Alpha 2.5! (NEW) - New Download link
  • pipermac changed the title to Age of Oblivion - Alpha 2.52! (NEW)
  • pipermac changed the title to Age of Oblivion - Alpha 2.6! (NEW)
  • pipermac changed the title to Age of Oblivion - Alpha 2.62! (NEW)

On the topic of the Skull Chambers - My feedback would be that the poison dot tick seems a little too fast?  Is there a method to counteract this dot built into the game  (i.e. gas mask / anti-poison shot or pill / some kind of something or other you ingest / or some perk - skill you spend points on to mitigate the dot tick speed? )

Just wondering, because As a test, I opened the vault, and rode it down for the first time. Got to the bottom, looted a pile of books, looked around, noticed I had no 2nd key to get back out - had about 70% hitpoints left. Maybe 15 seconds had expired. I quickly looked around the room for an alternate exit, of course there is none, but I spotted the spiral staircase going down. Maybe a room below shuts the gas off or is a breathing chamber or something? So I sprint that way, fly down the stairs, make it to the cells, and DEAD. 

I lasted MAYBE 30 seconds in the skull chambers.  @ lvl 20 with 3 points into fortitude.

@pipermac

This might have been posted earlier and I missed it.

Having a couple hiccups with save games and sound...might be my fault, not completely sure.

With the sound, I'm getting loud zombie aggro sounds right next to me, when there isn't one anywhere near me, and when I turn on AI stats (Numpad 0) the closest zombie is more than 14 blocks away, and wandering around not aggro. This is really unnerving when stealth-clearing a poi and all of a sudden get blasted with @%$#ed-zombie noise through my headset and the only zombies around are still sleeping.

Save games are a bit trickier for me to troubleshoot, so I hope you might have some insight.

For some reason AOD is sharing save game slots with Undead Legacy, as in the 2 world saves I had on UL were showing up as available to load on AOD, but not the other way around. The only way I could clear the problem was to uninstall UL, which would normally bug me if it wasn't for the fact I screwed up in leveling and would have had to start over anyway.

All this is being done with the 7DTD launcher btw, if it makes a difference.

If there are any logs you need just let me know and I'll hunt them down.

On 9/30/2021 at 9:57 AM, McKeighan said:

On the topic of the Skull Chambers - My feedback would be that the poison dot tick seems a little too fast?  Is there a method to counteract this dot built into the game  (i.e. gas mask / anti-poison shot or pill / some kind of something or other you ingest / or some perk - skill you spend points on to mitigate the dot tick speed? )

Just wondering, because As a test, I opened the vault, and rode it down for the first time. Got to the bottom, looted a pile of books, looked around, noticed I had no 2nd key to get back out - had about 70% hitpoints left. Maybe 15 seconds had expired. I quickly looked around the room for an alternate exit, of course there is none, but I spotted the spiral staircase going down. Maybe a room below shuts the gas off or is a breathing chamber or something? So I sprint that way, fly down the stairs, make it to the cells, and DEAD. 

I lasted MAYBE 30 seconds in the skull chambers.  @ lvl 20 with 3 points into fortitude.

Ouch...hopefully this might be addressed by the time I grow the stones to try it myself. ATM trying a low gamestage approach to AOD so I have xp set to 25%, to hopefully not get run over on the first cpl horde nights. Getting shocked by melee with Watchers sucks.

Any server I join with this, I get constant error messages both in loading the server, and when encountering (unseen) creatures in the wild.

When loading into a server three times every second, I get the error:

Mod reference for a mod that is not loaded: AOO Quality of Life Settings.

Trying to guess path from mod name [...] .../mods/AOO quality of life settings/resources/aooGasPump.unity3d?Gpump

ERR Loading AssetBundle [...] failed!

ERR Model AOOGasPump.unity3d?Gpump not found on block with name cntGasPumpEmpty

ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing '' failed

When in game, the error doesn't provide any suitable details, will not allow the closing of the console, and needs to be Alt+F4'd. In the current state for me, its not playable.

On 9/30/2021 at 9:57 AM, McKeighan said:

To expand on this, I did a little testing on my own, and needless to say, this must be for very end-game almost max lvl.

I went into God mode, grabbed all the keys, and headed down. Not sure if all chambers have 3 floors, but the DoT started when I got to the bottom of the elevator, G fl.

There a few things that can be looted but I think are just bait to trick ppl into wasting time. I went down the stairs to the next lvl, kind of the same thing, went down again and got to the Totem test chamber. I used the keys in order, and with the resulting fights I discovered something. The Dot is still going this whole time...so unless you have the gear to one-shot 1000hp+ (@ GS 18), the easiest fight would take too long (3 zombies, 1 at a time), and you'd be dead regardless of if you even get hit.

I'm thinking that you'd need to farm nightly bosses to save up skull tokens, play long enough to gain close to (if not) max wellness and HP/Stam, and get the weapons from the AoD Traders to even come close to making it through to maybe the second fight, quick loot corpses, and sprint back to the elevator and up.

Even then there's no guarantee even a flawless no-hit-taken fight wouldn't still kill you from the Dot.

Love the mechanic and know it'll be fun whenever I get high enough to run them, however the amount of keys dropped from night hunting {Lucky goggles and a cpl points into raising looter perk for normal gameplay}, and the amount of Skull Chambers spawned in-world is a bit much for something THAT late-game oriented.

Also it would make things run smoother without as much extra calculation that causes CPU's to stutter.

**Dangit TFP, please try to optimize.**

Edited by Gidaeon (see edit history)

20 hours ago, mordecai7777 said:

Hello,

your mods looks very good but i have a problem. when i use the download link in this post, i  move to a other side (https://rmacleod.visualstudio.com/AOO) and gain this message.

Repository "AOO_Alpha_Latest" is disabled
This repository has been disabled. Please, contact your project administrator to re-enable it.

plz help
thx

If you still don't get an answer soon (may be busy as hell) try the 7DTD Launcher here. I use it exclusively and have yet to run into any problems with the mods listed on it, and AoD is running almost flawless (personal preference).

15 hours ago, Gidaeon said:

Wenn Sie immer noch keine Antwort erhalten (vielleicht höllisch beschäftigt), probieren Sie den 7DTD Launcher hier aus . Ich benutze es ausschließlich und habe noch keine Probleme mit den darauf aufgeführten Mods, und AoD läuft fast fehlerfrei (persönliche Präferenz).

Ich habe das gleiche Problem wie @mordecai7777 .
Leider führt auch der Launcher nicht zum Erfolg.

Fehlermeldung: Seite nicht erreichbar!

I have the same problem as @mordecai7777
Unfortunately, the launcher does not lesd to success either.
Error message: Page cannot be reached!

Danke für Tipps oder Hilfe / Thanks for tipps or help ..... Patric

Since the Launcher page here on the Forums is long and slightly confusing with multiple links, here is the one straight to the Launcher itself.

http://7d2dmodlauncher.org/

This hasn't let me down so far, been using it a few years now.

I often screw something up when trying to direct-download anything, so the Launcher keeping things in order helps a lot.

@Gidaeon - Es geht nicht um den Launcher .... der funktioniert.
Es geht um den Download von Age of Oblivian.
Das Pack lässt sich weder Manuell noch über den Launcher downloaden oder installieren.
Das Bild des Launchers soll die Fehlermeldungen btr. dem Download zeigen.

Edited by Ignis Pugnatur
Anhang zu Vorpost ..... (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Ignis Pugnatur said:

@Gidaeon - Es geht nicht um den Launcher .... der funktioniert.
Es geht um den Download von Age of Oblivian.
Das Pack lässt sich weder Manuell noch über den Launcher downloaden oder installieren.
Das Bild des Launchers soll die Fehlermeldungen btr. dem Download zeigen.

Dann tut es mir leid, ich weiß nicht, was ich sonst sagen soll. Bei mir funktioniert es ohne Probleme.

On 10/8/2021 at 4:14 PM, Gidaeon said:

To expand on this, I did a little testing on my own, and needless to say, this must be for very end-game almost max lvl.

Sorry - been busy IRL and haven't been back in a while.

I would agree Gidaeon - it's definitely intended as some kind of end game content I would imagine.  I've gotten my toon up to lvl 50ish, put a ton of points into anything that raises up hit-point, and healing factor, and etc. I don't see anything that really gives resistances in the skill trees, so I am assuming it's got to be in the pills that would be attached to the weird plants in the farming part of the mod that have recipe's that I can't learn from anywhere (yet).  Or maybe the radiation suit, but haven't seen any of those parts drop yet either. So... Raise Oblivion farming? Maybe... I know there's a book out there somewhere to gain knowledge of oblivion butchering, because I've found it before on a prior playthrough... so that butchering table is pointless until I find the book. 

Oh yeah, and forget upgrading vehicles to actually useable decent vehicles until you find a mythical CO2 canister - that only drops in airdrops or as part of a wrench down of 1 of the many many chassis out there to be wrenched. At a 1/2 % chance at that.  Even upgrading both skills to max, and using a top tier tool, I've never found one yet.

But I digress... Back to talking about the Pits of woah. 

Spoiler

With the amount of keys that drop, ignoring the T1 thru T3 keys for a moment and just focusing on skull key drops, by lvl 10 I had around 30 of them collected. Now, keep in mind it takes 2 to "safely" get in and out. At level 10, if you play for maximizing what you could get away with, figure you'd spend a few points here and there on necessities ( a few into some necessary skills, but you'd probably be able to get away with dropping at least 3 skill points into boosting your health). Now, I don't know if anyone figured this out yet, but as soon as you're down the elevator, the dot doesn't immediately start. You have a few seconds to spin around. Spin and find the book case. To the left of the book case, behind a mad scientist table looking thing, there's a loot chest. Crouch down next to it and start lockpicking it or hitting it with a stone axe or whatever you got. Doesn't matter how long it takes, cause the fun part is, standing or crouching here you are NOT IN THE DOT ZONE.  It's free and clear of dot effects. You actually can completely heal here too if you bring enough food or bandages. And I would imagine, could also full loot the book cases behind you. 

And that's the thing. At super low level, you have free reign on unguarded libraries across the entire map, as long as you have access to the skull keys and are quick with getting in and out and don't try and do more then just loot the chest and the books. Don't get greedy. There's not really anything more on that floor worth noting. Sometimes the fridge is loot-able, often it's not.  Don't get distracted squirrel.

Now - Why would I include a massive spoiler to this mod? BECAUSE I want them to see it and FIX IT. It's got a lot of promise, it shows a lot of cool opportunities, but it's definitely broken. If it's intended as "the" reward for your efforts... well then, ok I suppose. Just delete my comment? :D

Edited by McKeighan (see edit history)

• pipermac changed the title to Age of Oblivion - Alpha 2.8! (NEW)

I've only stumbled into this mod in the last couple of weeks and I'm really getting into it. Thanks @pipermac for all the work that you've put in - If there's any way to support continued/future development, definitely post it somewhere. The least I could do is buy you a cup of coffee or something.

I use the 7d2d mod launcher and have had minimal issues, but a note for anyone else that finds this later - the repo has a couple of different download links. The one ending in /AOO/_git/AOO-Alpha_Latest is the one you want - not the one ending in /AOO/_git/AOO_Alpha_Latest 

They're just slightly different, the former (with a dash, then and underscore) is pointing to the correct spot for the latest version. The latter is pointing to a 'This repository has been disabled' error.

*this info is as of October 22 - may not be relevant later*

Good morning :)

Ive been playing your mod for a few days now and love what you have done so far !. I do however have a few questions and comments.

Is the butcher table available yet? Ive done the quest to get the beef, pork and chicken meat. When i go to the oblivion workbench the description for butcher table says its unlocked but the left panel with the butcher table icon has a lock on it. Am I missing something?

When using the laser sniper (electric) I will often get null ref errors.

When using Jasons machete while crouched will often get a bleeding wound that reduces your HPs REAL fast lol

Is there any way to make larger containers? The largest I can find is the storage box but with the amount of plants, food and ingredients, u need a massive amount of boxes to organize the kitchen lol.

I have a large amount of green tickets to start quests ive already completed a few times. U get 2 per finished quests back so they are starting to accumulate. Will there be added content later to do something else with them?

4 hours ago, katitude1965 said:

Good morning :)

Ive been playing your mod for a few days now and love what you have done so far !. I do however have a few questions and comments.

Is the butcher table available yet? Ive done the quest to get the beef, pork and chicken meat. When i go to the oblivion workbench the description for butcher table says its unlocked but the left panel with the butcher table icon has a lock on it. Am I missing something?

When using the laser sniper (electric) I will often get null ref errors.

When using Jasons machete while crouched will often get a bleeding wound that reduces your HPs REAL fast lol

Is there any way to make larger containers? The largest I can find is the storage box but with the amount of plants, food and ingredients, u need a massive amount of boxes to organize the kitchen lol.

I have a large amount of green tickets to start quests ive already completed a few times. U get 2 per finished quests back so they are starting to accumulate. Will there be added content later to do something else with them?

Butcher table is fixed...it is in the file repository, presync if using Mod Launcher.  not the Rifle cause the null refs....most likely  the zombies you are hitting.  I assume you are hitting the new creatures?   This is also fixed.  Machete...PArt of White river tools mod...cant really comment on it.  No larger storage at the moment...but I have thought about it.  Again....green tickets are part of White River tools mod...so I cant comment on it.

On 10/22/2021 at 1:16 AM, Orkzilla said:

I've only stumbled into this mod in the last couple of weeks and I'm really getting into it. Thanks @pipermac for all the work that you've put in - If there's any way to support continued/future development, definitely post it somewhere. The least I could do is buy you a cup of coffee or something.

I use the 7d2d mod launcher and have had minimal issues, but a note for anyone else that finds this later - the repo has a couple of different download links. The one ending in /AOO/_git/AOO-Alpha_Latest is the one you want - not the one ending in /AOO/_git/AOO_Alpha_Latest 

They're just slightly different, the former (with a dash, then and underscore) is pointing to the correct spot for the latest version. The latter is pointing to a 'This repository has been disabled' error.

*this info is as of October 22 - may not be relevant later*

you can join the discord https://discord.gg/4UX3HZ7gka

and for direct support you can use Patreon https://www.patreon.com/ageofoblivion

ya that disabled one have been renamed to avoid conflict.

• pipermac changed the title to Age of Oblivion - Alpha 7.10.21.2 - Stable (A21.2)