Age of Oblivion - Alpha 7.10.21.2 - Stable (A21.2)

pipermac

• pipermac changed the title to Age of Oblivion - Alpha 3.0! (Released!)
3 hours ago, Greysharkxx said:

sorry Piper, the 3.0 is instable. the game crashed every 3-5min, with an open command window. red error repeats and no possibility to stop it

Nope...its not.

Been installed and used by many so far!  Make sure you install fresh  and not just overwirte existing files. Files have been removed from previous version.

Also make sure it is a new game!     you cannot use previous save games.

Edited by pipermac (see edit history)

10 hours ago, pipermac said:

Nope...its not.

Been installed and used by many so far!  Make sure you install fresh  and not just overwirte existing files. Files have been removed from previous version.

Also make sure it is a new game!     you cannot use previous save games.

YEAH...it works fine!

- fresh installation...done

- new game...done

great, thanks for your help

btw: i love your mod :)

I can confirm that a fresh install not only still had my saves, but also did not have the crash window. 

I am digging 3.0. 2.8 was not compatible with fist of the north star. 3.0 IS. Are skull dungeons still a thing, or were they removed? there were a million of them in 2.8 so if they were dialed back i am ok with that. once you knew what you were doing they became super cheese. 

On 11/17/2021 at 1:48 PM, SenpaiThatIngnoresYou said:

I can confirm that a fresh install not only still had my saves, but also did not have the crash window. 

I am digging 3.0. 2.8 was not compatible with fist of the north star. 3.0 IS. Are skull dungeons still a thing, or were they removed? there were a million of them in 2.8 so if they were dialed back i am ok with that. once you knew what you were doing they became super cheese. 

I concur. A fresh install on a dedicated server and clients was just fine. The spiders were eager to come out of their burrows and the ice skating vampires did their thing with ease.

7 minutes ago, Shemasheko said:

And were is this ? 
can´t find a link in the first topic ?

It seems to have become a 7D2D ModLaucher proprietary update on this version.

http://7d2dmodlauncher.org/

It is possible to access a direct link to the mod from within the launcher if you also required the files for a dedicated stand lone server, but I won't share that as it will defeat the object. For client install, the launcher worked comfortably.

17 minutes ago, arramus said:

It seems to have become a 7D2D ModLaucher proprietary update on this version.

http://7d2dmodlauncher.org/

It is possible to access a direct link to the mod from within the launcher if you also required the files for a dedicated stand lone server, but I won't share that as it will defeat the object. For client install, the launcher worked comfortably.

ty for your help,
i hate the launcher. cant get it working on my spare drive E:\
ok... ill try to get it out of this confusing modlauncher :(

16 hours ago, SenpaiThatIngnoresYou said:

No worries, glad you figured it out. So AOO is not compatible with pre made maps? Sorta makes sense with the dungeons. 

It should actually work with any map

On 11/20/2021 at 12:44 PM, Hagi said:

Hello to all, nice mod. I have a problem with the new entities. I set up a server and all new entities have no walking animation. Is that normal? Or went something wrong, maybe someone can help. Thx in regard.

they may start off  without the animation...but then the animation should start.  

On 11/27/2021 at 12:04 PM, SenpaiThatIngnoresYou said:

I have a lot of the citizen cards. elite cards and veteran cards. Every time i complete a quest i get more of them. Do they have a purpose outside of questing? 

Never mind. not getting elite cards anymore, and am using veteran cards for the veteran quests. looks like some balance updates hit with 3.0

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, FarmerLee73 said:

I've noticed severe stutter with this overhaul, I even purchased another 16GB ram in the hope it would fix it but no it still stutters like crazy! Does anyone else have this or know of a way to reduce stutter?

Lower your settings ..its resource intensive mod.

21 hours ago, the_event_horizonx1 said:

Is there anyway to disable the custom hud?

no

Any chance of a "Lite" version of this or a list of mods that would be safe to remove, I know I have been advised to lower my settings but even doing that its still stutter city..

I'm on a GTX1080 ti and 32GB ram with an M2 drive, I would be very interested to know what kind of pc you need to run this mod without stutter! 

Edited by FarmerLee73 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, FarmerLee73 said:

Any chance of a "Lite" version of this or a list of mods that would be safe to remove, I know I have been advised to lower my settings but even doing that its still stutter city..

I'm on a GTX1080 ti and 32GB ram with an M2 drive, I would be very interested to know what kind of pc you need to run this mod without stutter! 

nope...sorry