Age of Oblivion - Alpha 7.10.21.2 - Stable (A21.2)

pipermac

This Project started with myself taking over the FarmLife Expanded mod.  I first start to fix thing with the mod  but as I began to learn more about modding I decided that rather then trying to  fix it would be best to rebuild. What started a  "Farming" mod has now become so much more.

Welcome to "The Age of Oblivion"!

image.thumb.png.3cae2ee320d2149f07b2e95254d8043f.png

Features:
New Vehicles - you don't craft them, you find keys and unlock them

New Workstations

New Weapons
New Quests
New Food and Crops - complete overhaul!
Over 100 New Animals, Zombies and Creatures!

and so much more!

Been awhile for this update but I think it is worth the Wait!

Among the additions/improvements are:

Back to basics with the UI - too many issues with A5 UI

More then 30 new Monsters!
The Start of Powered Workstations and a new type of workstation!  (For A6  the Soda and Juice dispensers s require power and are a new type of workstation and the Auto miner is a new type.  More workstations will be converted  eventually)

More of an Endgame!    Your goal is to  Find and rescue Dr. Turdlinger.  you will need to find 8 teleporter parts  to  fix the teleporter that will take you into Turdlingers research facility.  Along the way you will expereince caves with some unique monsters and  have to kill the Skeleton King!

Pets and Guard can be picked up!
New Vehicle Trader that has the vehicles in the game but can only be bought by trading in  other vehicles!

some new OP weapons from the elite trader (this may be required when entering the Dark castle and the research facility!

Multipoint Teleporter system!

Some New Paint textures!

and more!

Current: Alpha 7.10.21.2  Stable

Visit the discord for all the details!

Released Early so that there is an A21.2 Compatible Version.

Amusement park is now included.... New Game/Map Required to get the park.
Tweaked the UI and some workstations.
Some Animals have been updated.

Current: Alpha 7.00.21.1  Stable

Too much to mention!  Visit the discord for all the details!

Will work with only a newly created RWG Map!

Available on Mod Launcher now!

Current: Alpha 6.8 -  Stable

THIS BUILD WILL REQUIRE A NEW GAME!

EXISTING MAPS WILL NOT WORK. RWG MAPS MAY WORK BUT NO GUARANTEE ALL POI'S WILL BE PRESENT

HIGHLY RECCOMENDED TO USE INCLUDED AOOPREGEN8K_01 OR AOOPREGEN10K_01

GO TO DISCORD FOR ANY INFORMATION..

Please visit the Discord  for more information or help with the mod  https://discord.gg/WAVPppyB7S

A6.8 Stable Download:

https://rmacleod.visualstudio.com/AOO/_git/A7-Experimental   (Just ignore the link name... it is actually 6.8 Stable)

image.thumb.png.b4759b674c4ecc34cec8848547c1a1e8.png

image.thumb.png.3558a42914a2ce9e8cf8de6f2688864c.png

image.thumb.png.a73a0761580a494e6615eadadea7465b.png

Current Stable: Alpha 5.25 

Please visit the Discord  for more information or help with the mod  https://discord.gg/WAVPppyB7S

Alpha 5.25 Download!

Check out our Teaser!

History:

Alpha 1.1 is out

Download Alpha 1.1

Fixed up the Skill Tree (Not Completed)

Started a new Quest system (Not Completed)

Added Farm Crop Plots

Added another Gas Oven, pizza oven and more Grills.

All you do is craft "Ovens" "Grills" or Smokers and you from their each model is a Variant option.

Added a few Descriptions that were missing. (still many missing)

Removed Press "E" to pick up a Crop. when harvested this way the  crop does not get replanted.

Removed  a block for an apple tree that is no longer used . ( only mattered if you were using creative mode and found that particular tree.)

Alpha 1.2 is available

Download Alpha 1.2

Fixed Garden Hoe to properly prepare ground  to be able plant. 

Alpha 1.21 is Available

Download Alpha 1.21

Fixed issue with some Recipes not unlocking as intended.

Alpha 1.3 is Available

Download Alpha 1.3

Oak's pets now completely integrated (No separate Directory)
many tiny code fixes that probably were not noticeable to most.

Garden Hoe recipe added. 
All New Cloning Chambers!!!!!!!!
New Pets! Elephant, Penquin, Camel, Cat!  
New Guard!  Pumpkin Man! Burns you enemies alive!

ALPHA 1.5 is Available!  Big Update!

Download Alpha 1.5 

NOTE:  Lots of Changes.....you will 1000% have to start a new game and I would recommend playtesting for awhile before starting a serious game with it

Restructured Folder and file Structure. Standardized Naming.  (Search AOO to find items)

Added:

Advanced Forge

Resurrection Table

Alchemy Table

Many Vehicles
Lots of Decor!  Windows, Doors and Furniture

Working Windmill

and other smaller tweaks.

Alpha 1.6 Released!

Mainly Small Bug Fixes to 1.5

Improved handling most vehicles

Added  Community Creature Packs

90 Slot Backpack.

Traders will now sell Raw meat

Fixes and Changes to Questline (Still a work in Progress)

Download Alpha1.6

Alpha1.7 Released!

More Bug Fixes
More Food Recipes!  (Finally!)

Deep Fryer - for many of these new recipes!

New Oven Model

New Chain Link Fence and  a Brick/Metal Fence!
New Oblivion Work Bench - All workbenches are crafted from this Bench...even Vanilla ones.

Download Alpha1.7

I am officially separating things into two different releases! Going forward Subsequent releases will be known as Age of Oblivion as the Mod has been moving away from just Farming components. As a result I am now releasing  a "Release" version of Farm Life Revisited Lite.  This version is just the farming components, Crops, Food, Animals (Cloning).  This release will still get bug fixes and  will get any Farm related content that gets added to Age of Oblivion. 

Get all Updated info at the Discord https://discord.gg/hBqXBTbjTV

Get  Farm Life Revisited Lite  at Nexus Mods: Farm Life Revisited - Lite at 7 Days to Die Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

Alpha 1.71 Released!

Fixes issue with Clone Chambers not being unlocked and Advanced Forge Display

1.71 Full was Broken - just download 1.7 and then the patch.

Download Alpha 1.71 - Patch (Just overwrite the file in this patch.

Alpha 1.75 Released!

bug fixes!

Cloning now takes longer

Crops no longer grow almost instantly!

Now includes the fantastc Mod White River Tools of Citizenship!

Now includes  Expanded Firearms!

More Friendly animal will be found in the World

Oblivion Loot Crates  can now be found in the world

Now grants 2 skill points per level!  (If not wanted simply delete the 2 Skill Points Directory)

Download Alpha 1.75

Alpha 1.8 Released!

Includes bug fixes for some of the Friendly animals

Reduced greatly the number of Bats that spawn!

Made the spawning of Friendly's be specific to Biome. ie Peguin in Snowy area's and Elephant in Desert

Added a Bunch more Friendly Animals!  Turtle,Sheep,Zebra,Pug,Beagle,Goose,Leopard,Comodo Dragon
Balanced the number of Oblivion Crates that appear and the loot they contain. Added More Beakers and Steroids for Cloning!

Fine Tuned Batcar01 - Drives better and faster!   More vehicle tune ups are coming!

Download Alpha1.8

Download Alpha2.0

NOTE:  Turns out there was a mistake made with sounds and they were applied to animal as well as Zombies. If you find the sounds too bad please come to the discord and download the latest Test Builds that fix up the sound.

https://discord.gg/4UX3HZ7gka

Instructions:

Extract all files to your Mods Folder. Inside your mods folder will be a prefabs.zip, Extract this file into your data\Prefabs folder.

A New Map will NOT be required.    A New game will likely need to be started. If you want to try with a saved game please make sure you back that save up before trying.

Alpha2.0 TestBuild 3 is now available on our discord!

Sounds are Fixed!

17 NEW MONSTERS!
Resurrection Table can resurrect all Vanilla Zombies!
New Elevators  and More!

https://discord.gg/4UX3HZ7gka

Join the Discord and and Join our Test Server!

1632039004_Screenshot2021-06-25143603.thumb.png.8b1dacd5bf3639580cc465547d154f94.png2111092157_Screenshot2021-06-25143450.thumb.png.3d3b0446da70c107c7b611982822f10d.png

Screenshot 2021-05-30 235035.png

Screenshot 2021-05-30 234945.png

scooter.png

furniture.png

ee.png

DOORS.png

delorean.png

Screenshot 2021-06-17 125914.png

Screenshot 2021-06-17 125725.png

Screenshot 2021-06-17 125634.png

Edited by pipermac
Update (see edit history)

Thanks Pipermac

For a moment I thought you would add human breeding for consumption in this apocalypse.
It would not be weird due to the scarcity of animals.
I mention it because I am watching an anime, where the demons have farms of human babies, until they grow up and are 7 years old, according to the degree of development of their brain is the quality.
Regards

11 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Thanks Pipermac

For a moment I thought you would add human breeding for consumption in this apocalypse.
I mention it because I am watching an anime, where the demons have farms of human babies, until they grow up and are 7 years old, according to the degree of development of their brain is the quality.
Regards

If I can figure out how to make  Human Models that can do something other then just stand around I will probably expand it.  I am thinking o fadding a chance to Create your own personal Trader hat you can place in your base!

Hey! Friends and I love the Mod!

We did manage to find a game breaker though. It's in regards to the "HN Cabinet" series. We're using the white wood option and anytime someone opens one of the cabinets and tries to close it we get an "IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of array." error and the users is locked into the cabinet's organization window.

Any suggestions?

38 minutes ago, BeauDickery said:

Hey! Friends and I love the Mod!

We did manage to find a game breaker though. It's in regards to the "HN Cabinet" series. We're using the white wood option and anytime someone opens one of the cabinets and tries to close it we get an "IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of array." error and the users is locked into the cabinet's organization window.

Any suggestions?

The HN stuff is no longer included in my Mod so I am not sure. 

16 hours ago, Gouki said:

Thanks Pipermac

Regards

Rimworld is overthere ->

(^_____^)

Just kidding, going to give this mod a try.

I went straight to the cloning aspect just to see how it functions and it is a wonderful concept and takes the game in a whole new direction.

I began by checking on the step by step process and seeing the prerequisites for each stage.

20210327224639_1.jpg

Then adding a few clone chambers here and there.

20210327225544_1.thumb.jpg.bd11d62e69e3a958b9999dd596febc4c.jpg

I got a rather heavy bloom and is this just only me or something that is part of the Alpha for the moment?

20210327225531_1.thumb.jpg.98debaf01712d203845f76269f4b01dc.jpg

I really went for it with placement just to see the probability of receiving a guard or some rotten flesh and to see the one time and permanent cloning stations.

20210327225830_1.thumb.jpg.3cc1c1dfbbb9dcef3a52b4d6f0497a2e.jpg

20210327225929_1.thumb.jpg.07091401463f8329a7d986b3fff179d8.jpg

Oh the suspense of what's it going to be.

20210327230015_1.thumb.jpg.1cacca31282d8da5b8e7ff4cb2c87520.jpg

I can see testing absolutely everything is going to be a community effort for sure and I hope plenty of feedback will come during development stage. I know a custom mod server host that is going to love this and I shall be sending it their way. :)

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

9 hours ago, arramus said:

I went straight to the cloning aspect just to see how it functions and it is a wonderful concept and takes the game in a whole new direction.

I began by checking on the step by step process and seeing the prerequisites for each stage.

20210327224639_1.jpg

Then adding a few clone chambers here and there.

20210327225544_1.thumb.jpg.bd11d62e69e3a958b9999dd596febc4c.jpg

I got a rather heavy bloom and is this just only me or something that is part of the Alpha for the moment?

20210327225531_1.thumb.jpg.98debaf01712d203845f76269f4b01dc.jpg

I really went for it with placement just to see the probability of receiving a guard or some rotten flesh and to see the one time and permanent cloning stations.

20210327225830_1.thumb.jpg.3cc1c1dfbbb9dcef3a52b4d6f0497a2e.jpg

20210327225929_1.thumb.jpg.07091401463f8329a7d986b3fff179d8.jpg

Oh the suspense of what's it going to be.

20210327230015_1.thumb.jpg.1cacca31282d8da5b8e7ff4cb2c87520.jpg

I can see testing absolutely everything is going to be a community effort for sure and I hope plenty of feedback will come during development stage. I know a custom mod server host that is going to love this and I shall be sending it their way. :)

Hi Arramus

They are intended to grow (clone) too fast for testing purposes and see if it works properly.
The rest must also be checked.
Regards

Hi Pipermac

Today I started a new game and I have not had any problem so far, I just had to edit it in progression.xml due to an incompatibility with my Action Skills mod, remove the farmlife perk and to unlock the farmlife mod stuff, I append to LivingofftheLand.
I really liked the cloning system and everything from the farm, waiting for the final version.
Regards

Edited by Gouki (see edit history)

Thanks so much for the testing!  I really like the cloning system. I want to find a better model for the cloning station and I would like to be able to make the ready animal station show an animal inside. I am also going to be making changes to progression.xml, I haven't touched it yet. 

Edited by pipermac (see edit history)

Hi! I was really looking forward to playing with this mod. However, when I add the FarmLifeRevisited folder from the download I get an error saying that there was an XML error loading progression.xml, claiming that there already exists an element with the same key 'perkpackmule'. As this is not a perk modified by this mod I'm thinking its a weird interaction between this mod's progression.xml and Lam 90 slot backpack's modification of the same file. Its weird because Lam's mod works with other mods that modify progression.xml (like Brazmocks Archery, and Perk Mastery). Do you have any idea how to fix this? Is this a problem with this mod? with Lam's? Otherwise?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

17 minutes ago, westriel said:

Hi! I was really looking forward to playing with this mod. However, when I add the FarmLifeRevisited folder from the download I get an error saying that there was an XML error loading progression.xml, claiming that there already exists an element with the same key 'perkpackmule'. As this is not a perk modified by this mod I'm thinking its a weird interaction between this mod's progression.xml and Lam 90 slot backpack's modification of the same file. Its weird because Lam's mod works with other mods that modify progression.xml (like Brazmocks Archery, and Perk Mastery). Do you have any idea how to fix this? Is this a problem with this mod? with Lam's? Otherwise?

Try deleting progression. XML from my mod.  (it should work without it. 

Edited by pipermac (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, westriel said:

Hi Westriel

Could you wait for Pipermac to find the solution to that problem in a new version or you can do what I did, explained in a post above.
The problem is that the Lam mod also applies an attribute tree and that causes the incompatibility.
Regards

11 minutes ago, pipermac said:

Try deleting progression. XML from my mod.  (it should work without it. 

First of all, thanks for such a quick reply! Does this mean that the items from the mod would be inaccessible from survival mode? Or would progression be unlocked from the get go?

6 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Hi Westriel

Could you wait for Pipermac to find the solution to that problem in a new version or you can do what I did, explained in a post above.
The problem is that the Lam mod also applies an attribute tree and that causes the incompatibility.
Regards

Thanks for the explanation! Is this incompatibility something easily fixed or is it more complicated than it seems?

5 minutes ago, westriel said:

First of all, thanks for such a quick reply! Does this mean that the items from the mod would be inaccessible from survival mode? Or would progression be unlocked from the get go?

Thanks for the explanation! Is this incompatibility something easily fixed or is it more complicated than it seems?

Before you delete something from the Farmlife mod, you can try the stedman420 120 slots mod, since alpha 17 I use the 60 slot mod, the good thing is that it does not add any progression file, that can help you.
Regards

Edited by Gouki (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Before you delete something from the Farmlife mod, you can try the stedman420 120 slots mod, since alpha 17 I use the 60 slot mod, the good thing is that it does not add any progression file, that can help you.
Regards

I'll give it a try!

On 3/29/2021 at 1:54 PM, pipermac said:

I am Currently redoing the progression.xml  and completely reworking the the Skills and perks!  should have an updated Build with this in it very soon.

Thanks Pipermac

Regards

22 minutes ago, SpecialKay said:

When i try this mod, I get error message about this missing
<item name="GuardTurretStuner" count="1" prob=".021"/> 
game still works. 
what is it? is it important? should i delete line? is it mispelled?

when there are no other mods, still same error

Does it say what file it is from?  Do you have both directories in your mods folder? Farmlife revisited and the oaks pets? 

16 minutes ago, SpecialKay said:

i search config files and found it in Loot.xml
I do not have oaks pets. Do i need it?

I tried mod with no other mods in folder and still got  same error

The zip file should have a modified version of oaks pets in it. So when you unzip it there are two directories.