Age of Oblivion - Alpha 7.10.21.2 - Stable (A21.2)

pipermac

• pipermac changed the title to Age of Oblivion - Alpha 1.8! (New) and FarmLife Revisited Lite
44 minutes ago, zizionard said:

1. I found a bug with the Grill, when you turn it off, the animation of the fire remains

2. Is it possible to add a description to the items that are used in workstations

ya...the Grill bug has been around since before I started on the Mod.  It is part of the unity Asset.  I have to create a new asset and replace it to get rid of the problem.  More descriptions are coming.....there are actually a lot more description then there originally was when I took over.  I try to add at least a few new descriptions with each update.   Thanks for any feedback!    Feedback of all kind is essentially to get this done.   Mod had a bug that Crops were growing almost instantly but no one said anything, I didn't know until I decided to actually play a game with the mod myself from the beginning.

I found an error in the translation of plants in the file Localization.txt I translated the plants into Russian when they are ready for harvesting, but when you hover over the plant, the message plantedWhiteOakPlantHarvest appears in the file blocks.xml I found the line:

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="plantedWhiteOakPlantHarvest"/>

and replaced it with

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="plantedWhiteOakPlantHarvestAOO"/>

after that, the transfer started working

and this is evident on all plants

Edited by zizionard (see edit history)

On 7/17/2021 at 3:25 PM, zizionard said:

I found a bug in Rustic Smoker, if you put the meat withers and leave, then time stops and starts going only after you open the smokehouse again

Question, is it possible to reduce the number of OblivionCrate mailboxes?

Thanks I will check about the smoker.. And yes the crates are reduced in next update..... Well kind of.... In next update there are a lot of buried crates..... The only way to find them via Random digging..... Not something you can find reliably. 

@pipermacHi, I'm trying to translate the mod and ran into a problem.

When translating skills, I faced the problem of not translating the section name.

To a file Localization.txt a key and a translation were added:

AgeofOblivionName,progression,Attribute,,Age of Oblivion,Эпоха забвения

In the progress file.xml changed the attribute name to a key:

<attribute name="AgeofOblivionName" name_key="AgeofOblivionNameKey" desc_key="AgeofOblivionDescKey" icon="ui_game_symbol_farm_life" min_level="1" max_level="1">

As a result, the AgeofOblivionName key is displayed in the game and the translation does not want to get up instead of it

I have a test build of Alpha 2.0. If you would like to test in out right now please send me a private message.. This is what is in the new build:

Vehicle Overhaul!
Crafting vehicles are still done on the workbench but now  there are more  parts required! (Vehicle specific Workbenchs are coming!)
Get the new parts by salvaging vehicles.
Rocket Toilet can only be obtained by salvaging Toilets
Bat Cars can not be crafted. If you find a Bat Car in the World you can try to unlock it with Car keys. IF you manage to unlock it you will have a working Bat Car! (More vehicles will be able to be obtained like this in future)
Color Changing Vehicles! You can now Change the color of some vehicles.  you need to craft Color Wands to change the colors The wands are numbered and the Vehicle description will let you know which color the wand will change!
New Vehicles!  Motorcycle, Pickup Truck, Battle Buggy, Buggy, Muscle Car, Sports cars!
Broken Down versions of vehicles no appear in world and can be salvaged for parts.
3 new Models of Dumpsters
Water Wells can be found thoughout the world. Come back in a couple days and they will have more Water
ATM Machines! A great resource for Cash, come back in a few days for more!
Buried Treasure - There is treasure buried around the world, you may be lucky enough to find some!
Working Ovens found in the world.
Adjusted some recipes. eg. Oblivion bench is easier to craft.
Skull Chambers!!!!!
    Throughout the world you will find these chambers, you will need a key to get in and a key to get out so make sure you  have enough keys! Good luck trying ot get out without a key...the walls are indestructable!)
    Each Chamber will have 3 Totems that will unlock a Boss Challenge, you will need keys to unlock these challenges.  Keys can be found in Zombie loot!
    Beware these Chambers are poisonous and will suck your life away (Dont even think of setting up base in one of these!)
    (Rewards for Bosses are in preliminary stages, Eventually there will be more specific Boss Loot that can only be found from bosses. One is the Electric Guitar! Which can be found from Tier 2 Bosses)
    (One Skull chamber model currently available but plans are to have multiple models)

• 2 weeks later...

This seems to be the most up-to-date and thorough farming mod, so I'm probably gonna install it.

Any suggestion on other 'expansion' type mods that play well with this one?

Have played a bit with Darkness Falls and it was great fun, but for now I just want more of a "vanilla expanded" dynamic.

Installed "Age of Oblivion (Farming Overhaul)" and seems very cool. But performance was impacted noticeably (quite a few screen freezes), and I still don't have all my achievements so back to vanilla for a while I guess. Also: I found that sometimes the dead pig model couldn't be reached to butcher it with a bone knife even though character model could push the pig model around on the terrain.

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/11/2021 at 9:20 AM, Diche_Bach said:

Installed "Age of Oblivion (Farming Overhaul)" and seems very cool. But performance was impacted noticeably (quite a few screen freezes), and I still don't have all my achievements so back to vanilla for a while I guess. Also: I found that sometimes the dead pig model couldn't be reached to butcher it with a bone knife even though character model could push the pig model around on the terrain.

The hit box is on its butt!  :)

Edited by pipermac (see edit history)

• pipermac changed the title to Age of Oblivion - Alpha 2.0! (NEW)
6 hours ago, Shemasheko said:

is there any poislist for Kinggen available ?
i found the new prefabs but dont now how to set the region settings for kingen.

and is there any setting to get car respawn?? 
we play with 8 to 10 people on a map and the cars are gone in the towns after a few days :)

not required...these prefabs are generated dynamically are are not required to be added to map generation.    I know car respawning is possible. I will look into  that.

Hi just downloaded the mod im enjoying what ive seen so far the only thing i find off putting is all the zombie audio sounds, is there a way to disable them? i have birds flying around growling like Zombies and with other animals saying "join us", "were going to get you" or the one that sounds like an army charging at you lol

2 hours ago, WaxOnWhacksOff said:

Hi just downloaded the mod im enjoying what ive seen so far the only thing i find off putting is all the zombie audio sounds, is there a way to disable them? i have birds flying around growling like Zombies and with other animals saying "join us", "were going to get you" or the one that sounds like an army charging at you lol

I have a new test build available on Discord...it fixes the sounds. 

https://discord.gg/4UX3HZ7gka

I just found this mod 7 Days to Already Dead 2 at 7 Days to Die Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com), and it looks like it may be compatible with this. If so then darkness falls is going to take a back seat because making clones AND exploding zombies with martial arts is cooler. 

does this work with random gen? or does it require special maps? 

Also is it compatible with sorcery? 

Edited by SenpaiThatIngnoresYou (see edit history)