Age of Oblivion - Alpha 2.62! (NEW)

pipermac

Well a lot has been done since I started work on this mod and I think it is time for an update to  this post!

This Project started with myself taking over the FarmLife Expanded mod.  I first start to fix thing with the mod  but as I began to learn more about modding I decided that rather then trying to  fix it would be best to rebuild. What started a  "Farming" mod has now become so much more.

Welcome to "The Age of Oblivion"!

Alpha 2.0 Features:

Crops! Over 30 new Crops!

Food! a lot of new food that can be prepared a a number of different workstations.

Animals!  Many new animals roaming the world  many dropping unique items when harvested. (Beef,Chicken,Pork, Rabbits Foot, etc)

Cloning!  Create Cloning Chambers and and collect the ingredients required  to Clone/Breed your Own Pet  Animals that you can keep or harvest for resources. Also Clone Human and Animal Guards that you can place and they will protect you.

Zombie Resurrection!  Create a resurrect table and collect the ingredients  to revive zombie corpses that will fight and protect you!

Vehicles!   30 new vehicles as of this release with more coming.  New Vehicles are not crafted like Vanilla Vehicles.  There are many more parts required. Some cannot be crafted and must be found in the world!  some will be driveable when found and other will have to be unlocked using Car keys that can be found when harvesting vehicles.  Some Vehicles can have their colors changed using specific Color wand tools.

New Workstations:
Oblivion Master Workbench - Used to Craft all other Workstations and Oblivion Quests
Farm Table - For all Farm tools and seeds.
Ovens - Multiple Models Including Pizza Oven and Deep Fryer
Grills - Multiple Models

Smokers

Kitchnaid

Butcher Table

Brew Station

Quests  and Questlines!  Whiteriver Tools of Citizenship has been make part of the mod.  (Many more Quests are going to be added)

Many New Weapons thanks to Firearms Expansion 4.4

Custom UI based on SMX!

New Animals/Bandits/Mechs and zombies  thanks to the community Creature Packs!

New source of power  - Windmill!

DECOR! - Lots of new decor. Windows, Doors, Fences, Furniture!

Skull Chambers!  This is the latest feature to be added to the mod.  The feature is still in its infancy and will still require some tweaking.

Skull Chambers can be found through out the world. You need a key to get in and a key to get out!  once in chamber poisonous gas will start removing your health.  There will be totems in the chambers that when unlocked will release boss zombies!  3 Levels of Boss zombies all guaranteed to drop loot. the most important loot are Skull Tokens!   When you find  the hidden Elite Traders you will be able to use Skull Tokens to be able to Purchase  Elite items!  (More Elite items will be coming but right now you can  get Enhanced NailGun, Plasma Auger, Laser Crossbow, Legendary Hackblade, Legendary Blood Axe, Electric Sniper, Hand Cannon, Laser Ammo, Plasma Gun, Electric Guitar

Audio Emotes! Can be crafted from the start, each emote has 2 Sound clips!

New in game sounds.  You will know them when you hear them.  Make sure you test vehicle horns! there are some unique ones out there!

Age of Oblivion specific Skill Tree!  with new perks!

NOTE:  
The Mod is still not complete and Feedback with regards to Balancing and Bugs is greatly appreciated.
The Alchemy Table  currently only has one recipe that it is required for and that is the Resurrection Potion.
There are still missing descriptions (but much less then previous versions)

Alpha 2.52

- Fixes Major Bug causing Null Ref errors when encounters the New Creatures
- A few other small Fixes

- Adds some trees and plants randomly in the world.

Alpha 2.5 - Changes!

- Sounds are fixed!  A mistake was made in 2.0 where the Sounds were coming from Animals.  this is fixed and sounds have been adjusted to not be so overbearing.
- Most of the Pets now make appropriate sounds! Cat makes cat sounds, dog makes dog sounds etc.
- chicken and Cow chambers update to new models
- Egg laying Chicken now requires to be fed once before they will lay any eggs
- New Chicken Incubator specifically to  create Pet Chickens. Requires "Fertile" eggs

- DecorBlocks Modlet is now included 

- New elevators/lifts

- 17 New Creatures/Zombies Most only  come out at night  they are much tougher zombies.

- Wasteland/Burnt forest will be tough and have higher chance of the new creatures

- Resurrection table updated to be able to resurrect all Vanilla Zombies

- Zombie Harvest Skill tree.  Guts, brains and corpses are now recieved by harvesting dead zombies and no longer in Zombie Loot.  Zombie Loot expanded to be able to give more types of loot.

- New Tow truck, Harvest a tow truck towing a Bat Car and you have a small chance of getting a Bat Car

- Delorean  Appearance has been improved

- Apoc RV now Drives much better!

- NEw Food Recipes and Crops with schematics
- Revamped Vehicles:

- NEw Mechanics Skill tree - Level 4 and 5 only have placeholders for vehicles that they unlock. Future release will have more vehicles.

- Repairable VEhicle now found in the world.  they can be driven but they dont drive well, Slow and hold little gas.  Repair them on the new mechanic bench. (for initial release there          are 5 Vehicles that can be repaired)

- Bug fixes...Many small bug fixes

Alpha 2.6
 - 33 New Doors

- Fix issues with New Creatures
- New Workstations - Fridge, Drink Dispenser, Ice Cream Maker, Ice Maker
- a Ton new recipes  (Icons are currently missing)
- Completely revamped Skull Chamber!
this was a quick release to fix some major bugs. this is why the new foods do not have icons yet.  A small Update will come very soon to add the mission Icons.

Alpha 2.62
- Updated all the missing icons from 2.6
-fixed issue with starting quest not showing where trader is
- Other minor fixes
- Food is locked behind Recipes now...but all can be unlocked with Planting and growing Skill level 4

Check out our Teaser!

Instructions:

Extract all files to your 7 days to die folder.  the Files will will merge with your data directory and your Mods Directory (Will create Mods if it doesn't exist.

A New Map will NOT be required.    A New game may need to be started. If you want to try with a saved game please make sure you back that save up before trying.

Now Available on Mod Launcher!

Download Alpha 2.62

Got to More Actions and Choose Download as Zip
image.thumb.png.13c9ff2ceaa63654c5c4c7565d2f31f8.png

We are releasing updated test builds every few days on the discord! Come join if you are interested in being up to date! We also have a test server that anyone is free to join!  it is always update with the latest test Build!  

https://discord.gg/4UX3HZ7gka

History:

Alpha 1.1 is out

Download Alpha 1.1

Fixed up the Skill Tree (Not Completed)

Started a new Quest system (Not Completed)

Added Farm Crop Plots

Added another Gas Oven, pizza oven and more Grills.

All you do is craft "Ovens" "Grills" or Smokers and you from their each model is a Variant option.

Added a few Descriptions that were missing. (still many missing)

Removed Press "E" to pick up a Crop. when harvested this way the  crop does not get replanted.

Removed  a block for an apple tree that is no longer used . ( only mattered if you were using creative mode and found that particular tree.)

Alpha 1.2 is available

Download Alpha 1.2

Fixed Garden Hoe to properly prepare ground  to be able plant. 

Alpha 1.21 is Available

Download Alpha 1.21

Fixed issue with some Recipes not unlocking as intended.

Alpha 1.3 is Available

Download Alpha 1.3

Oak's pets now completely integrated (No separate Directory)
many tiny code fixes that probably were not noticeable to most.

Garden Hoe recipe added. 
All New Cloning Chambers!!!!!!!!
New Pets! Elephant, Penquin, Camel, Cat!  
New Guard!  Pumpkin Man! Burns you enemies alive!

ALPHA 1.5 is Available!  Big Update!

Download Alpha 1.5 

NOTE:  Lots of Changes.....you will 1000% have to start a new game and I would recommend playtesting for awhile before starting a serious game with it

Restructured Folder and file Structure. Standardized Naming.  (Search AOO to find items)

Added:

Advanced Forge

Resurrection Table

Alchemy Table

Many Vehicles
Lots of Decor!  Windows, Doors and Furniture

Working Windmill

and other smaller tweaks.

Alpha 1.6 Released!

Mainly Small Bug Fixes to 1.5

Improved handling most vehicles

Added  Community Creature Packs

90 Slot Backpack.

Traders will now sell Raw meat

Fixes and Changes to Questline (Still a work in Progress)

Download Alpha1.6

Alpha1.7 Released!

More Bug Fixes
More Food Recipes!  (Finally!)

Deep Fryer - for many of these new recipes!

New Oven Model

New Chain Link Fence and  a Brick/Metal Fence!
New Oblivion Work Bench - All workbenches are crafted from this Bench...even Vanilla ones.

Download Alpha1.7

I am officially separating things into two different releases! Going forward Subsequent releases will be known as Age of Oblivion as the Mod has been moving away from just Farming components. As a result I am now releasing  a "Release" version of Farm Life Revisited Lite.  This version is just the farming components, Crops, Food, Animals (Cloning).  This release will still get bug fixes and  will get any Farm related content that gets added to Age of Oblivion. 

Get all Updated info at the Discord https://discord.gg/hBqXBTbjTV

Get  Farm Life Revisited Lite  at Nexus Mods: Farm Life Revisited - Lite at 7 Days to Die Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

Alpha 1.71 Released!

Fixes issue with Clone Chambers not being unlocked and Advanced Forge Display

1.71 Full was Broken - just download 1.7 and then the patch.

Download Alpha 1.71 - Patch (Just overwrite the file in this patch.

Alpha 1.75 Released!

bug fixes!

Cloning now takes longer

Crops no longer grow almost instantly!

Now includes the fantastc Mod White River Tools of Citizenship!

Now includes  Expanded Firearms!

More Friendly animal will be found in the World

Oblivion Loot Crates  can now be found in the world

Now grants 2 skill points per level!  (If not wanted simply delete the 2 Skill Points Directory)

Download Alpha 1.75

Alpha 1.8 Released!

Includes bug fixes for some of the Friendly animals

Reduced greatly the number of Bats that spawn!

Made the spawning of Friendly's be specific to Biome. ie Peguin in Snowy area's and Elephant in Desert

Added a Bunch more Friendly Animals!  Turtle,Sheep,Zebra,Pug,Beagle,Goose,Leopard,Comodo Dragon
Balanced the number of Oblivion Crates that appear and the loot they contain. Added More Beakers and Steroids for Cloning!

Fine Tuned Batcar01 - Drives better and faster!   More vehicle tune ups are coming!

Download Alpha1.8

Download Alpha2.0

NOTE:  Turns out there was a mistake made with sounds and they were applied to animal as well as Zombies. If you find the sounds too bad please come to the discord and download the latest Test Builds that fix up the sound.

Instructions:

Extract all files to your Mods Folder. Inside your mods folder will be a prefabs.zip, Extract this file into your data\Prefabs folder.

A New Map will NOT be required.    A New game will likely need to be started. If you want to try with a saved game please make sure you back that save up before trying.

Alpha2.0 TestBuild 3 is now available on our discord!

Sounds are Fixed!

17 NEW MONSTERS!
Resurrection Table can resurrect all Vanilla Zombies!
New Elevators  and More!

Join the Discord and and Join our Test Server!

1632039004_Screenshot2021-06-25143603.thumb.png.8b1dacd5bf3639580cc465547d154f94.png2111092157_Screenshot2021-06-25143450.thumb.png.3d3b0446da70c107c7b611982822f10d.png

windows.png

snowspeeder.png

Screenshot 2021-05-30 235035.png

Screenshot 2021-05-30 234945.png

Screenshot 2021-05-30 234212.png

Screenshot 2021-05-30 233830.png

Screenshot 2021-05-30 233750.png

gokart.png

scooter.png

furniture.png

ee.png

DOORS.png

delorean.png

broom.png

Screenshot 2021-06-17 125914.png

Screenshot 2021-06-17 125815.png

Screenshot 2021-06-17 125754.png

Screenshot 2021-06-17 125725.png

Screenshot 2021-06-17 125634.png

Edited by pipermac
Update (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Thanks Pipermac

For a moment I thought you would add human breeding for consumption in this apocalypse.
It would not be weird due to the scarcity of animals.
I mention it because I am watching an anime, where the demons have farms of human babies, until they grow up and are 7 years old, according to the degree of development of their brain is the quality.
Regards

11 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Thanks Pipermac

For a moment I thought you would add human breeding for consumption in this apocalypse.
I mention it because I am watching an anime, where the demons have farms of human babies, until they grow up and are 7 years old, according to the degree of development of their brain is the quality.
Regards

If I can figure out how to make  Human Models that can do something other then just stand around I will probably expand it.  I am thinking o fadding a chance to Create your own personal Trader hat you can place in your base!

Hey! Friends and I love the Mod!

We did manage to find a game breaker though. It's in regards to the "HN Cabinet" series. We're using the white wood option and anytime someone opens one of the cabinets and tries to close it we get an "IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of array." error and the users is locked into the cabinet's organization window.

Any suggestions?

38 minutes ago, BeauDickery said:

Hey! Friends and I love the Mod!

We did manage to find a game breaker though. It's in regards to the "HN Cabinet" series. We're using the white wood option and anytime someone opens one of the cabinets and tries to close it we get an "IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of array." error and the users is locked into the cabinet's organization window.

Any suggestions?

The HN stuff is no longer included in my Mod so I am not sure. 

16 hours ago, Gouki said:

Thanks Pipermac

Regards

Rimworld is overthere ->

(^_____^)

Just kidding, going to give this mod a try.

I went straight to the cloning aspect just to see how it functions and it is a wonderful concept and takes the game in a whole new direction.

I began by checking on the step by step process and seeing the prerequisites for each stage.

20210327224639_1.jpg

Then adding a few clone chambers here and there.

20210327225544_1.thumb.jpg.bd11d62e69e3a958b9999dd596febc4c.jpg

I got a rather heavy bloom and is this just only me or something that is part of the Alpha for the moment?

20210327225531_1.thumb.jpg.98debaf01712d203845f76269f4b01dc.jpg

I really went for it with placement just to see the probability of receiving a guard or some rotten flesh and to see the one time and permanent cloning stations.

20210327225830_1.thumb.jpg.3cc1c1dfbbb9dcef3a52b4d6f0497a2e.jpg

20210327225929_1.thumb.jpg.07091401463f8329a7d986b3fff179d8.jpg

Oh the suspense of what's it going to be.

20210327230015_1.thumb.jpg.1cacca31282d8da5b8e7ff4cb2c87520.jpg

I can see testing absolutely everything is going to be a community effort for sure and I hope plenty of feedback will come during development stage. I know a custom mod server host that is going to love this and I shall be sending it their way. :)

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

9 hours ago, arramus said:

I went straight to the cloning aspect just to see how it functions and it is a wonderful concept and takes the game in a whole new direction.

I began by checking on the step by step process and seeing the prerequisites for each stage.

20210327224639_1.jpg

Then adding a few clone chambers here and there.

20210327225544_1.thumb.jpg.bd11d62e69e3a958b9999dd596febc4c.jpg

I got a rather heavy bloom and is this just only me or something that is part of the Alpha for the moment?

20210327225531_1.thumb.jpg.98debaf01712d203845f76269f4b01dc.jpg

I really went for it with placement just to see the probability of receiving a guard or some rotten flesh and to see the one time and permanent cloning stations.

20210327225830_1.thumb.jpg.3cc1c1dfbbb9dcef3a52b4d6f0497a2e.jpg

20210327225929_1.thumb.jpg.07091401463f8329a7d986b3fff179d8.jpg

Oh the suspense of what's it going to be.

20210327230015_1.thumb.jpg.1cacca31282d8da5b8e7ff4cb2c87520.jpg

I can see testing absolutely everything is going to be a community effort for sure and I hope plenty of feedback will come during development stage. I know a custom mod server host that is going to love this and I shall be sending it their way. :)

Hi Arramus

They are intended to grow (clone) too fast for testing purposes and see if it works properly.
The rest must also be checked.
Regards

Hi Pipermac

Today I started a new game and I have not had any problem so far, I just had to edit it in progression.xml due to an incompatibility with my Action Skills mod, remove the farmlife perk and to unlock the farmlife mod stuff, I append to LivingofftheLand.
I really liked the cloning system and everything from the farm, waiting for the final version.
Regards

Edited by Gouki (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Thanks so much for the testing!  I really like the cloning system. I want to find a better model for the cloning station and I would like to be able to make the ready animal station show an animal inside. I am also going to be making changes to progression.xml, I haven't touched it yet. 

Edited by pipermac (see edit history)

Hi! I was really looking forward to playing with this mod. However, when I add the FarmLifeRevisited folder from the download I get an error saying that there was an XML error loading progression.xml, claiming that there already exists an element with the same key 'perkpackmule'. As this is not a perk modified by this mod I'm thinking its a weird interaction between this mod's progression.xml and Lam 90 slot backpack's modification of the same file. Its weird because Lam's mod works with other mods that modify progression.xml (like Brazmocks Archery, and Perk Mastery). Do you have any idea how to fix this? Is this a problem with this mod? with Lam's? Otherwise?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, westriel said:

Hi! I was really looking forward to playing with this mod. However, when I add the FarmLifeRevisited folder from the download I get an error saying that there was an XML error loading progression.xml, claiming that there already exists an element with the same key 'perkpackmule'. As this is not a perk modified by this mod I'm thinking its a weird interaction between this mod's progression.xml and Lam 90 slot backpack's modification of the same file. Its weird because Lam's mod works with other mods that modify progression.xml (like Brazmocks Archery, and Perk Mastery). Do you have any idea how to fix this? Is this a problem with this mod? with Lam's? Otherwise?

Try deleting progression. XML from my mod.  (it should work without it. 

Edited by pipermac (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, westriel said:

Hi Westriel

Could you wait for Pipermac to find the solution to that problem in a new version or you can do what I did, explained in a post above.
The problem is that the Lam mod also applies an attribute tree and that causes the incompatibility.
Regards

11 minutes ago, pipermac said:

Try deleting progression. XML from my mod.  (it should work without it. 

First of all, thanks for such a quick reply! Does this mean that the items from the mod would be inaccessible from survival mode? Or would progression be unlocked from the get go?

6 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Hi Westriel

Could you wait for Pipermac to find the solution to that problem in a new version or you can do what I did, explained in a post above.
The problem is that the Lam mod also applies an attribute tree and that causes the incompatibility.
Regards

Thanks for the explanation! Is this incompatibility something easily fixed or is it more complicated than it seems?

5 minutes ago, westriel said:

First of all, thanks for such a quick reply! Does this mean that the items from the mod would be inaccessible from survival mode? Or would progression be unlocked from the get go?

Thanks for the explanation! Is this incompatibility something easily fixed or is it more complicated than it seems?

Before you delete something from the Farmlife mod, you can try the stedman420 120 slots mod, since alpha 17 I use the 60 slot mod, the good thing is that it does not add any progression file, that can help you.
Regards

Edited by Gouki (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Before you delete something from the Farmlife mod, you can try the stedman420 120 slots mod, since alpha 17 I use the 60 slot mod, the good thing is that it does not add any progression file, that can help you.
Regards

I'll give it a try!

On 3/29/2021 at 1:54 PM, pipermac said:

I am Currently redoing the progression.xml  and completely reworking the the Skills and perks!  should have an updated Build with this in it very soon.

Thanks Pipermac

Regards

When i try this mod, I get error message about this missing
<item name="GuardTurretStuner" count="1" prob=".021"/> 
game still works. 
what is it? is it important? should i delete line? is it mispelled?

when there are no other mods, still same error

Edited by SpecialKay (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, SpecialKay said:

When i try this mod, I get error message about this missing
<item name="GuardTurretStuner" count="1" prob=".021"/> 
game still works. 
what is it? is it important? should i delete line? is it mispelled?

when there are no other mods, still same error

Does it say what file it is from?  Do you have both directories in your mods folder? Farmlife revisited and the oaks pets? 

16 minutes ago, SpecialKay said:

i search config files and found it in Loot.xml
I do not have oaks pets. Do i need it?

I tried mod with no other mods in folder and still got  same error

The zip file should have a modified version of oaks pets in it. So when you unzip it there are two directories. 

• pipermac changed the title to Age of Oblivion - Alpha 2.62! (NEW)