Ztensity's Art Studio

ztensity

Ztensity's Art Studio

Alpha 21 Compatibility - Paintings & Posters Rebranding
(Permission Granted by Snufkin)

PP3.thumb.png.62bb12536b7b9ff130fb58451ab8fab6.png

INTRODUCTION

Formerly known as "Ztensity's Paintings & Posters," this mod now offers a more immersive and in-depth gameplay experience for players as "Ztensity's Art Studio." Originally created by Snufkin, this modlet contains all original 20 posters and 20 paintings, but now gives players access to crafting additional paintings, posters, canvases, framed pictures, supplies, lights, decor and even dyes.

To unlock the Art Studio, you will have to find and read seven volumes of the "Forge Ahead" magazine. Once unlocked, you will have access to crafting many items without unlocking them. From vanilla canvases, posters and framed pictures, custom art studio themed decor and supplies like paint and cloth fragments to dyes, that is just the start to what this custom station has to offer.

Download Ztensity's Art Studio Here

Download Ztensity's Art Studio SMX Patch Here

Download Ztensity's Art Studio UBBI Patch Here

Nexus Modshttps://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1340

20.thumb.png.809585c0ff6fbcfe7427f4ddf1e7c7d0.png

FEATURES

In order to craft most paintings and posters, you will have to read seven volumes of the "Paintings & Posters" book series found across your travels and at traders. As each volume of the "Paintings & Posters" series is read, a recipe will become unlocked for the corresponding paintings or posters depending on what was read. Once all volumes are read, you will then have access to crafting a separate set of paintings and posters through a "Secret Paintings" recipe.

If you're lucky, you may even find paintings and posters in POIs and three rarer paintings exclusively from a trader. While the recipes can be crafted without an Art Studio, it will be slightly more expensive and will grant the player much less immersion and most importantly less features. Once the Art Studio has been built, all paintings and posters can be crafted at a cheaper cost while also giving you access to many more craftables.

At the Art Studio, you will be able to craft a myriad of things. Similarly, to previous iterations, you can craft lights after unlocking them by reading "Wiring 101" magazines to work on their Electrician skill and reach mastery of Tier 1: Basic Electricity. You will be able to save hard-earned water by gaining access to crafting paint with car oil and the Chrysanthemums plant instead.

StudioCrafting42.thumb.png.3965006fff2ad22b4f662ebabbcd665a.png

Possibly the most useful feature coming with this update is access to crafting various Dyes at the Art Studio. Instead of solely relying on loot found on your travels, you can now craft each dye by providing the required ingredients that will range from select fruits, medical supplies and more. These won't always be cheap, but it's sometimes going to be a quicker approach when compared to finding the dye you're looking for.

I think it would be absolutely criminal to forget to mention that this mod offers various storage solutions in the form of select art studio themed decorations you can craft at the Art Studio workstation. While somewhat limited and sometimes hard to craft, you'll eventually be able to craft these containers and hold all manors of things, namely paints and other supplies if you're privy.

10.thumb.png.59a9053afacbebb09035f841ae38068c.png

This isn't where the features of the Art Studio end however, as you will even be able to readily craft cloth fragments, interactive paintings once unlocked and a paint roller item that functions similarly to the paintbrush but requires different crafting materials. Players can now also craft two different lights. The smaller light is for paintings and posters that are vertical. Meanwhile, the longer light is meant for the horizontal "secret paintings" and certain canvases.

Oh, and did I mention specializing in certain gunsmith skills will unlock rare displayable blueprints?

REQUIREMENTS & PATCHES

Ztensity's Art Studio is built for compatibility with A21. While it is possible it may be playable in other alphas, it has not been tested or confirmed. This modlet is likely incompatible with select overhauls that adjusts skill books, the perk system or elements of the UI. While this mod can be played solo, multiplayer or in a dedicated server, all players will have to have the mod in their "mods" folder.

With this release, players will be able to download optional patches if they are playing with my mod Unnecessarily Beautiful But Immersive (UBBI) or Sirillion's SMX. If you are playing 7 Days to Die with SMX, you will be required to download the corresponding optional patch. Meanwhile the patch for UBBI is not required but highly encouraged to bridge the gaps between paintings and posters from UBBI and the custom Art Studio workstation.

After placing certain items in your base, specifically the vertical paintings and vertical posters, they can only be destroyed in the middle section of the item. Once this modlet is implemented into a game-save, your journey to find all seven books and embrace a life of art begins!

14.thumb.png.0b4c142efe9dd00cefbb7878c15d62d5.png

CREDITS

A portion of assets and coding was originally designed by Snufkin. However, with his permission I have re-designed the modlet with a lot more content. Snufkin's assets included 20 paintings and 20 posters from UNITY3D bundles, 40 icons and two XML files as a starting point (blocks.xml and blockplaceholders.xml).

I owe continued thanks to The Fun Pimps and authors like Hernan for their artwork and painting designs. I stripped the "Pictures & Paintings" variant block considerably and made them each individually craftable at the Art Studio with unique descriptions to make for a better and more immersive playing experience.

Credit is also due to the following artists for using art they designed as pictures for the new paintings:

low.gif.8d6b8a3e72cc3488720eb98352647623.gif

Join Guppy's Unofficial 7 Days to Die Modding Discord Server to join the community and get help playing with mods and creating them too!

Ztensity

Edited by ztensity
Updated Features paragraph 2. (see edit history)

On 3/16/2021 at 2:34 PM, Gouki said:

Hi Ztensity's

Thanks for the mod, I don't like the paintings very much (I'll delete them), but I'll stick with the movie posters.

Thanks also for your other mods.
Regards

Haha, no problem, man! I'm glad you like some of it :D

You're welcome too! I appreciate the support!

Edited by ztensity
Updated grammar. (see edit history)

UPDATE

After the public release of Paintings & Posters, which added up to 50 paintings and posters to be either unlocked and crafted or bought, I present update 1.1.0. This update adds a new thinned out light designed for placement above paintings and posters!

2076435961_Screenshot2021-03-1811_06_50.thumb.png.64f6561076c48eddd464bcdbde6aa2d6.png

1198026444_Screenshot2021-03-1811_06_58.thumb.png.e152d6c35abff3234379fd380d27b795.png

Ztensity

Edited by ztensity (see edit history)

@ztensity question about the paintings (on my phone, cannot look): are they (or can they) be put into the random vanilla painting helper group, so on a new RWG world they would appear in all the POi’s? I would assume this would work, or maybe something about “painting block rotation” would mess this up.

curious if you knew the answer already. I can test this weekend for you if it’s not immediately known.  I’m not super big on crafting art for my (always ramshackle and crap) base but I dislike having the same 4-5 art pieces in every POi

Hey @doughphunghus, the mod is set up to have a majority of the paintings appear at random throughout POIs. I believe they are mixed in with the vanilla. This was designed by Snufkin originally and I left that feature. I hope that helps :D

You cannot however pick up the paintings still in a POI. Once you find the books to unlock various paintings and posters, you can eventually replace the paintings with what  you want in a POI if the random painting isn't showing.

Of course you can also buy a few paintings from a trader as well (exlusive to traders). I hope that helps! It's all about chance and finding these things. You can also of course go into creative menu if you can't handle the journey to find them all lol.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2021 at 2:16 PM, Father said:

how are you suppose to craft these ? people got the books but it said requires paint they don't have a option to make paint

You will have to look up how to make paint. Paint is part of the game, not added by this mod.

I hope you enjoy!

Thanks!

UPDATE

After the public release of Paintings & Posters, which added up to 50 paintings and posters to be either unlocked and crafted or bought, I present update 2.0.0! This update insures complete compatibility with Alpha 20.3!

I will eventually release Halloween themed content or Winter holiday content. I may also update the mod from time to time with new paintings/posters and additional features, like the earlier release that added a new light.

Ztensity

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • ztensity changed the title to Ztensity's Art Studio

NexusModsBanner.thumb.png.d2f8a5fd56c8a9cdc1835c290f2c89cb.png

Formerly known as "Ztensity's Paintings & Posters," my mod has now been updated to offer an even more immersive and in-depth gameplay experience as "Ztensity's Art Studio."

While players will have to unlock many items through skills, books and magazines, the art studio offers many craftables once unlocked such as paint, decor and a paint roller. Your artists journey begins now!

This mod comes with a patch to ensure compatibility between Ztensity's Art Studio with the A21 version of Sirillion's SMX. This patch is required if you're playing with both mods. This mod also comes with a patch that bridges the gap between artworks from UBBI and the custom Art Studio workstation in Ztensity's Art Studio. While this second patch is not required, it is encouraged.

Ztensity's Art Studio and its corresponding patches are built for compatibility with A21.

Get Hunting!

Download Ztensity's Art Studio Here

Download Ztensity's Art Studio SMX Patch Here

Download Ztensity's Art Studio UBBI Patch Here

Nexus Modshttps://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1340

low.gif

Join Guppy's Unofficial 7 Days to Die Modding Discord Server here to join the community and get help playing with mods and creating them too!

Ztensity

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I'm trying to add a new .unity3d file call it XXX.unity3d to your mod.

I know how to edit the .xml. My question is in unity I have an object. 

XPoster000\Poster000

Wow I can't even upload a pic. 

XPoster000\Poster000
Parent:
XPoster000
Tag: Tag_Mesh_B
Layer: Default
P: 0 0 0 
R: 0 0 0
S: 1 1 1 
Scale 1

Child:
Poster000
Tag: T_Mesh_b
Layer: Default
P 0 .031 -.497
R: 0 0 0 
S: 1 1 1 
Mesh: Poster000
Mesh Renderer: 
    materials
        element 0   Poster000_1
        element 1   Poster000_2

Lighting
    Cast shadows on
    receive shadow checked

Additionsal setting: 
    motion vectors  Per object motion
    Dynamic Occussion checked

Xyth

So I'm using Xyth default cube for the tutorial project.

The bottom of the poser is sitting on the top of the cube, but to the back of it. it not center. 

I tried using this in block.xml

<block name="XPoster000">
            <property name="Extends" value="pictureFrame_01a"/>
            <property name="Model" value="#@modfolder:Resources/Disney.unity3d?XPoster000"/>
            <property name="ModelOffset" value="0,0,-0.5"/>
            <property name="MultiBlockDim" value="2,1,1"/>
            <property name="SortOrder2" value="0204"/>
</block>

I can get it in the game fine. find it in the menu. Bring it in the game. Place it on the wall. it just fall and breaks.  no red errors 

<property name="Model" value="#@modfolder:Resources/studioModels.unity3d?ZTStudio18.prefab"/>

So, I guess the real question is. how is each 

ZTStudio18.prefab

Setup in unity. 

I have about 15 poster I would like to import into the game. 

Thanks.