Farm Life Expanded V2 (A19)

pipermac

Unfortunately Phredd has decided to not continue with this mod. As a result I will try to continue his work and will soon be releasing Farm Life Expanded V2!

So far some of the thing I have done and am currently working on with it are:

Removing Unnecessary but Beautiful. (since this Mod is updated by the author I felt it best that it be installed seperately)

Remove 25k Stack sizes. (Again better to use a dedicated Mod that changes things to your preference. Farm Life specific Items will be adjusted to more realistic stack sizes.

Adding Descriptions to Items without Descriptions, Update descriptions to be more accurate.

Adding Recipes to the butchers table to make it useable again. (It's such a great looking asset, it needs to be useable!)

Make the Wood Grill Useable, It currently has no recipes but is in some items descriptions as being required.

There are a ton of Workstations in this mod, so many that it it can become very confusing to know what to use. I am going to look at ways of making them easier to use. some look really nice and it would be a shame to remove completely.  there are two different Smokers, rather then remove one I will make both of them identical in function and let you choose which one you want to use. 

For those that are currently using the Mod or have used it in the past please post any issues you have found with it so that I can try and fix them and also any suggestion you have to make it better.

One concern I have about it is that there are just too many food recipes! Do you feel the same way?  should the number be cut down?

Thanks

Pipermac

You are the savior i've been waiting for all these years. I wish I could help you out with suggestions but I never got to play the original. I will do plenty of testing once you get a release out. Looking forward to this. One thing this game has always been missing is a good expansive working farm mod.

After going through the mod I understand why it was published as a proof of concept. I have instead decided to almost completely rebuild it.  Reducing many of the  recipes (Over 100 Alcoholic beverages is i just a bit too much!) and making things a bit simpler to understand and progress. Crops are being reduced as again I think there are just too many to keep track of. 

Hoping to have an initial release soon!

2 hours ago, pipermac said:

Crops are being reduced

Curious: so these crops have unity models or are just vanilla with different names?  It might be fun to use any models/items/icons you’re taking out and see if a separate  “food mod” could be made from them. I (and others) might be interested if the models/icons/etc are not going to be used and are “available” for reuse. Totally understand if they are not.

Edit: Also: same with the alcohol icons, etc

That's pretty interesting (the cloning) and done well from the video.

Kinda curious, you mentioned so much bloat and unnecessary stuff in the original mod that you are rewriting the whole thing. Isn't this kind of adding bloat? It's really cool but seems weird in a farm mod. Your mod, your call, just asking.

Just now, Gouki said:

Hi Pipermac

Wow simply wonderful the new addition (cryogenic chambers), the mod that you have introduced is the one of guards and pets right ?.
Regards

yup!  First release will be a chamber that creates a random Pet, Random Animal Guard and Random Turret Guard.   Next version will introduce being able to create specific pets and guards.   They wont be for sale with trader anymore. 

4 minutes ago, pipermac said:

yup!  First release will be a chamber that creates a random Pet, Random Animal Guard and Random Turret Guard.   Next version will introduce being able to create specific pets and guards.   They wont be for sale with trader anymore. 

That sounds great, but it wouldn't be better to make a separate mod, just like CynicalGamer, it feels a bit weird in a farm mod, you could just leave the pets and the rest in another mod.
Regards

7 minutes ago, CynicalGamer said:

That's pretty interesting (the cloning) and done well from the video.

Kinda curious, you mentioned so much bloat and unnecessary stuff in the original mod that you are rewriting the whole thing. Isn't this kind of adding bloat? It's really cool but seems weird in a farm mod. Your mod, your call, just asking.

Well farms do  have Animals!  this is just a way of  creating animals for the farm.  What isn't shown is  some of the other animals. ie a Chicken that lays eggs, Cow that produces milk.

6 minutes ago, pipermac said:

Well farms do  have Animals!  this is just a way of  creating animals for the farm.  What isn't shown is  some of the other animals. ie a Chicken that lays eggs, Cow that produces milk.

Yes, I understand, I have the mod of farming (Mayic) I have made some adjustments to it and it works fine.
I am also editing and correcting this expanded Farm life mod, but since I see you are introducing new things, I will put it aside.
Regards

15 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Yes, I understand, I have the mod of farming (Mayic) I have made some adjustments to it and it works fine.
I am also editing and correcting this expanded Farm life mod, but since I see you are introducing new things, I will put it aside.
Regards

yes I used that one myself....biggest issue was no Descriptions for anything! :)    I should have an alpha soon so that you can at least get a taste of where I am going with it.

Archived