Let us turn physics off permanently.

Doozerpindan

So, as mentioned before in other posts, i play this game for the building aspect. However, every now and then the game crashes to desktop and I have to relaunch. The problem is that, if I am in the middle of building and haven't finished building supports and the like, when I log back in it's all gonna collapse because physics will be turned back on. If we could have the options to turn physics off permanently in the game settings before loading the file, that'd be awesome.

My guess (and it is only a guess) is that it is unlikely you will ever see this option, it is more likely the crashes will be dealt with eventually. Why? Because your request is very specialized and developers don't want to add tons of options (for a lot of reasons)

Meanwhile:

IF the crashes happen at a specific time after start you could avoid the crashes by restarting regularily. There is a memory leak in the game that crashes my game after about 4 hours, maybe you got that too just with a different time frame. In that case you should see your game using more and more RAM and crash at a specific amount of RAM used.

While building you could add lots of wood frame supports. In the finished building you could remove them again and only have the minimum support necessary for keeping it standing

I have a ten year old computer, so my specs suck :p

That said, I can run 7DTD for hours or days without a crash and then it just crashes all of a sudden, or sometimes it crashes after a few hours. I've been removing all the debris from the burnt forest biome slowly while expanding roads etc. I'm rebuilding the world, fixing buildings etc, but when it crashes this morning, i was underneath the Shotgun Messiah Factory and have been removing debri and replacing it with dirt. Fortrunately, a 4 block wide tunnel was small enough to prevent the factory from collapsing on top of me :p

That's from just now, that screeny. I've got one last area to fill in with dirt and pave over with asphalt and I am can move on.spacer.png

Archived