Electrical Traps - Question

BFT2020

So on my base design, I been using dart traps as a main component of the automatic defenses (along with some blade traps, electric fences, and turrets).  When I last quit the game, I was on Day 84 (20:00) getting ready for my next horde night.

Previous horde nights, I had the dart traps tied into trigger plates on the platform so that once they were activated (trigger plates), the dart traps would fire.  This worked fine until around day 63 which was about the time my first demolishers starting showing up.  I have had one blow up each horde night since (63 and 70).  Hasn't compromised my defense but they did take out my trigger plates which made my dart traps moot (either they did or the multiple cops blowing up).  The second time it happened I was running around trying to wire them back up to fire at least.  For Day 77, I didn't replace the trigger plates, but instead tied them to switches.  That kept them operating the entire time, but wasted darts since they were always on.  Day 84, I got extra darts to reload during the horde night but playing SP, that can be a pain.

I been thinking of going to the trip wire instead but I haven't used them much in the past - I know how to wire them up at least.  Is the trip wire an One and Done trigger or does it always stay in play?  How long can you stretch the trip wire?  Is it the same as the electric fences?  I won't be able to implement it for this upcoming horde night but thinking of Day 91  🙂

I know I can probably figure these things out after the horde night, but I am at work, bored...so I am using the time waiting for my staff meeting to start to improve on my base design.

The triggering is pretty much the same as the plates; while something is standing in the line, the trigger is powered. They also have settings for trigger duration and delay if you want, but those aren't that useful for dart traps.

Distance, pretty similar to the fences, just test it out in your land claim area, so you can just pick them up.. note that you don't have to walk to the trap to wire it, as long as you can aim at it. Gives some more distance in practice.

Depending on your setup, it might get tricky to set up, since you'll have the dart trap "blocking" your installation path.. (you Are planning to run the wire along the path of the dart, right? :)) You can pick the traps up with a claim of course, may help in some cases.

I was able to get through horde night and tried a different setup with the trip wires since I am home playing, I mean, working from home  😉

Originally I was going to place the trip wire behind the electric fence which is behind the wall / dart trap, but then realized I couldn't see them at all so I couldn't connect the two posts together.  I ended up placing them on the outside in front of the dart traps.  I attached pictures of my Bloodmoon defenses since it is easier to see than me trying to describe it in detail.  Still worried about exploding cops taking out the trip wire posts, but if that happens, I can simply run into the side area and reattach the wires directly to the dart traps from the relay. A19.4_2021-03-12_15-58-19.thumb.jpg.8fe80f77b5bc1ba10da30a092538e1ed.jpgA19.4_2021-03-12_15-58-27.thumb.jpg.54bc369bdd14ce0866a5129e61bb1b74.jpgA19.4_2021-03-12_15-56-45.thumb.jpg.e880d24247980dd6f0f672e9494bc385.jpgA19.4_2021-03-12_15-57-46.thumb.jpg.92a0615c90a4c0cb654cb988de0e3bb0.jpg

Archived