death penalty on health or perks

darchon

thanks but that wasnt a very helpful response but i did figure it out that these are the buffs that are triggered upon death:

entityclasses.xml:

<entity_class name="playerMale">

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfRespawn" action="AddBuff" target="self" buff="buffStatusCheck01,buffStatusCheck02,buffPerkAbilityUpdate,buffNearDeathTraumaTrigger,buffDeathFoodDrinkAdjust"/>

so then just going into buffs.xml revealed that this was where health/food/water was being set upon respawning:

<buff name="buffDeathFoodDrinkAdjust" hidden="true" remove_on_death="false">

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="ModifyStats" stat="Health" operation="set" value="25000"/>
                <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="ModifyStats" stat="Food" operation="set" value="25000"/>
                <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="ModifyStats" stat="Water" operation="set" value="25000"/>

The status check buffs always are active on the character and are a good place to park buff triggers or initialize a buff on first spawn in. I usually use it to trigger my own hidden buff that persists through death to watch for things like character death and hang new buffs or debuffs on the character. 

Archived