Cant get my save data after computer reset

Drizzlemaster

I had an update for my computer that corrupted windows and i ended up having to factory reset my computer with a dell representative. I chose the option that would save some of my data to the external device and i hopped on my computer after the reset and there is nothing on 7 days to die. No saves folder or anything. Is there anyway i could get this back? Me and my cousin have a world on there we dont want to lose and i need help getting it back

5 hours ago, Drizzlemaster said:

Is there anyway i could get this back?

In some cases, a "factory reset" will save the old user profiles in another folder. If yours did that, and you can find the backed up folder, you may be able to retrieve your save.

"factory reset"!! then no, all its lost, its basically a wipe and restart back to when the computer was made or its 1st version of windows was installed, i guess there were a lot of updates to be done ?

or

did the "expert" tell you how to roll back an update?

Just search your backup volume for files called "players.xml" or "power.dat" or "gameOptions.sdf". If you can't find any of these files (with the bulit-in search naturally, not by hand) and your backup is not zipped up or encrypted you can be sure your savegame is gone.

Archived