Favourite POI's and why?

For me, Red Mesa is still pretty high on my list because I have a lot of fun clearing it out. There was a mansion with a 

Spoiler

Hidden undeground bunker that used to be a tier 4 mission

that I also really like. Also the well with the bunker that used to be in the burnt biome was fun. Bob's Boars is a classic because of both twists (the corn and the giant pig) What are some of your guys'?

I used to love the ones with basements that were full of water, especially when I started in a desert area.  But now it seems that they don't serve much of a purpose in most maps.  I'm really, really hoping the changes to random gen in A20 are extraordinary.

Recently: There's one of a house that has a crack in the wall, and there's water in the backyard and it runs into the living room of the house. The POI is relatively easy to "beat", but there's a few things it does (the water and cracked home look) that are really neat/unique.  Its one of the few POI's I went "ahhh, neat" when I first saw it.

Also: The Shamway on the far East side of Navezgane.  It was the first "real" POIs I found on my very first game and I lived/fortified it all to hell.  I literally built a *second fully enclosed base* inside of it.  I think there was a small little room above the bathroom that I didn't discover for a loong time, and when I did I was like ZOMG!

Also: There's a little "garage/shed" POI with a bunker under it. Has a fence all along the backyard. Also one of my first/most fun games. Lived in that for awhile. I think it may have been the "first POI I realized could be underground" or something.

22 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Mine are the demolished buildings.  I can take them over, rebuild them, and configured them how I want them to be.  

I've been wanting to "flip" a house, it looks like fun, honestly

21 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

Recently: There's one of a house that has a crack in the wall, and there's water in the backyard and it runs into the living room of the house. The POI is relatively easy to "beat", but there's a few things it does (the water and cracked home look) that are really neat/unique.  Its one of the few POI's I went "ahhh, neat" when I first saw it.

Also: The Shamway on the far East side of Navezgane.  It was the first "real" POIs I found on my very first game and I lived/fortified it all to hell.  I literally built a *second fully enclosed base* inside of it.  I think there was a small little room above the bathroom that I didn't discover for a loong time, and when I did I was like ZOMG!

Also: There's a little "garage/shed" POI with a bunker under it. Has a fence all along the backyard. Also one of my first/most fun games. Lived in that for awhile. I think it may have been the "first POI I realized could be underground" or something.

The bunkers are aleays a cool find. They put a lot of detail into them.

The new store POIs are excellent, the grocery store is amazing! Same with the hardware store

2 hours ago, Lenny Lettuce Lips said:

I've been wanting to "flip" a house, it looks like fun, honestly

If you’re seriously thinking of flipping a House, and want to go a little further, I suggest looking into the prefab editor and how to submit player created POIs for the compopack mod.  If nothing else then you can share your flipped house with everyone!  Additionally, you can make a mod with just your Flipped POi in it so you/anyone can load it just like a mod into any RWG world.  Just suggestions, it is a little more work to do though. 

2 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

If you’re seriously thinking of flipping a House, and want to go a little further, I suggest looking into the prefab editor and how to submit player created POIs for the compopack mod.  If nothing else then you can share your flipped house with everyone!  Additionally, you can make a mod with just your Flipped POi in it so you/anyone can load it just like a mod into any RWG world.  Just suggestions, it is a little more work to do though. 

I have been thinking more like a small challenge, probably early game so it'd be a bit less punishing for hoard night. I'd be spending all that time renovating when I should be gathering materials for a base. Maybe late game I'd just flip a house into concrete, steel it up, paint it and have it be my home but not my hoard base. It'd only be the external walls that'd need the buff. 

I wish you could run electrical to the prefabbed electronics like the lights. I know some are permanently on, some not at all. 

I don't know that I'd get into personally crafting POIs, but that may change. Time doesn't really permit it currently, unfortunately. We've been getting into gear for a new car and a move, hopefully. 

I've used prefab "trailer_02" twice now and think it works great as a minimalist base. There's just enough space inside for a kitchen, single-player storage, one of each crafting station, a bedroll, and a ladder to the roof for a generator and solar panels. Centrally place a land claim block and you're left with room for a large garden and parking.

I think "trailer_park_01" might make for a neat team experience.

Obviously, these aren't horde bases.

4 hours ago, zztong said:

I've used prefab "trailer_02" twice now and think it works great as a minimalist base. There's just enough space inside for a kitchen, single-player storage, one of each crafting station, a bedroll, and a ladder to the roof for a generator and solar panels. Centrally place a land claim block and you're left with room for a large garden and parking.

I think "trailer_park_01" might make for a neat team experience.

Obviously, these aren't horde bases.

Those are the type of places I like when I decided I am going with 2 bases.

18 hours ago, Lenny Lettuce Lips said:

I have been thinking more like a small challenge, probably early game so it'd be a bit less punishing for hoard night. I'd be spending all that time renovating when I should be gathering materials for a base. Maybe late game I'd just flip a house into concrete, steel it up, paint it and have it be my home but not my hoard base. It'd only be the external walls that'd need the buff.  

I do that sometimes in my playthroughs, I really like the ones that are partially finished.  Nothing like renovating a house while building a horde base  😉

I found a ruined building one square away from the snow biome. I built my base there and now I have weather. When you're back from missions at night,  cooking some food with that nice guitar playing in the background and it's snowing, I get a feeling of comfort. It's not just snow too, there's rain, there's fog. I'm not getting cold there because it's in the forest biome.

On 3/1/2021 at 7:23 PM, Maharin said:

I used to love the ones with basements that were full of water, especially when I started in a desert area.  But now it seems that they don't serve much of a purpose in most maps.  I'm really, really hoping the changes to random gen in A20 are extraordinary.

the 1 thing i hope they fix for random gen in A20 is the god damn terrain generation as it is broken AF

4 hours ago, CruentusDK said:

JAIL - that's home every time in NAV.

In the southern wasteland in A19 with the instant respawns at night in that biome? You brave fool. 😁

Personally I don't have a single "favorite" though my wife and I tend to take over the southwest most wrecked house in Diresville on Navezgane and modify it to our means in our playthroughs. Currently we've added a dry moat and chopped the roof off of it for a garden on the second floor.

Archived