RWG always huge forests?

Emmzor

The random world generations always comes out with huge forests in the middle which my friend and I don't like at all. Is there some way to make it completely random? I've tried to look around a bit but couldn't really find much information. I would even install a mod if I have to. Thanks for any replies!

There is a third party map generator called Nitrogen, which has more options for variety.  This tool is unofficial and hasn’t been updated for some time though, so reliability is iffy.

In the next Alpha, A20, there will be an overhaul to RWG, including changes to the biome distribution:

2) Random Generation Update

• New stamp tech that will allow artist created features such as mountains, hills, rivers, etc. to be placed in biomes. There will be a stable of different land features for the game to choose from.
  • Additional controls in the map generation interface to give players more options for terrain generation such sliders to determine mountainous vs flat (for example).
  • Biome selectors and city selectors to allow users to control the density of these map features.
  • 6k, 8k, and 10k map sizes planned

Lastly, if you’re feeling ambitious you can edit Config/rwgmixer.xml yourself to change how random worlds are generated.

Thank you! I played around with the NitroGen a bit and it seems to work fine for me, and it's amazing. I will try it out with my friend and see how it goes. Otherwise we will just wait, still a lot of fun even with the huge forest!

Archived