POI sleeper respawns in alpha 19, what works?

Firecat

I've been looking all over to try to figure out if there is a way to stop the zeds respawning in a particular POI. So far I have found:

Bed rolls blocks zombies from spawning within a certain range of them. But you can only have one...and usually you want it somewhere specific so if you die you can come back where you want to.

Player placed non-ground blocks will block random wandering zombie spawns, but not POI spawns.

Placing a block on the space where sleeper zeds spawn at SOME point used to keep them from spawning there again, but no recent info on whether this still works, or how reliable it is. My friend and I want to perma-clear a certain POI that is not our main base, because we are build our horde base off it and want to use parts of it for other things, but it's pretty large and would be a LOT of work to do only to discover this method no longer works.

Land claim blocks. Most info I could find was from previous alphas. the consensus seemed to be that LCBs didnt prevent random spawns or initial POI spawns, but are supposed to stop POI RESPAWNS if placed when the POI is fully cleared. It seemed they weren't necessarily reliable about this, however, and the only current alpha mention of this I found was a mention of there being a bug right now where any LCB other than the first one you place isnt working in this regard...which implies that you are supposed to be able to put down several LCB to stop POI respawns in a certain area? but even that was a bit vague.

Does anyone knows what the best way to respawn proof a large POI without bed rolls in alpha 19 is? If it's even possible? Thanks!

BTW, WHY is there no game setting to prevent cleared POIs from respawning zombies? I've always found it a bit immersion-breaking that you can completely clean out a place, put up a wall and lock all the doors, and come back in a few days to find it completely full of zeds again. Doesnt seem natural... Plus, we can turn off loot respawn, so why not the zombies? Whatever, I guess...

3 hours ago, Firecat said:

I've been looking all over to try to figure out if there is a way to stop the zeds respawning in a particular POI. So far I have found:

Bed rolls blocks zombies from spawning within a certain range of them. But you can only have one...and usually you want it somewhere specific so if you die you can come back where you want to.

Player placed non-ground blocks will block random wandering zombie spawns, but not POI spawns.

Placing a block on the space where sleeper zeds spawn at SOME point used to keep them from spawning there again, but no recent info on whether this still works, or how reliable it is. My friend and I want to perma-clear a certain POI that is not our main base, because we are build our horde base off it and want to use parts of it for other things, but it's pretty large and would be a LOT of work to do only to discover this method no longer works.

Land claim blocks. Most info I could find was from previous alphas. the consensus seemed to be that LCBs didnt prevent random spawns or initial POI spawns, but are supposed to stop POI RESPAWNS if placed when the POI is fully cleared. It seemed they weren't necessarily reliable about this, however, and the only current alpha mention of this I found was a mention of there being a bug right now where any LCB other than the first one you place isnt working in this regard...which implies that you are supposed to be able to put down several LCB to stop POI respawns in a certain area? but even that was a bit vague.

Does anyone knows what the best way to respawn proof a large POI without bed rolls in alpha 19 is? If it's even possible? Thanks!

BTW, WHY is there no game setting to prevent cleared POIs from respawning zombies? I've always found it a bit immersion-breaking that you can completely clean out a place, put up a wall and lock all the doors, and come back in a few days to find it completely full of zeds again. Doesnt seem natural... Plus, we can turn off loot respawn, so why not the zombies? Whatever, I guess...

My friend and I split it up, he puts his bedroll and LCB down at the kill base site, and I put mine down at the main base and we are both set to allies so we can both build/harvest whatever at both sites.

I do put down wood frames and fill them in where the Z's spawn for the jump/scare drops that ignore detection and only activate when you enter the area's perimeter, but other then that we clear all the extra furniture so we have clear lines of sight in the pois.

Like those Z's that hide in the clothing cabinets?  Knock out the side after you've cleared the room, then you can see the sleeper from the other side of the room.

On 2/24/2021 at 7:03 PM, Darthjake said:

My friend and I split it up, he puts his bedroll and LCB down at the kill base site, and I put mine down at the main base and we are both set to allies so we can both build/harvest whatever at both sites.

I do put down wood frames and fill them in where the Z's spawn for the jump/scare drops that ignore detection and only activate when you enter the area's perimeter, but other then that we clear all the extra furniture so we have clear lines of sight in the pois.

Like those Z's that hide in the clothing cabinets?  Knock out the side after you've cleared the room, then you can see the sleeper from the other side of the room.

We are building our home base from scratch, so shouldn't have to worry about any POI spawns there. So while we want both our bed rolls at home most of the time, since it's just the two of us on the world that leaves both our LCB to try to respawn-proof our horde base/ staging POI. Guess I'll have to make a testing world and see if two LCB is enough to cover the whole Shamway factory. If I turn the LCB range all the way up, hopefully it will do. I dont have access to my 7D2D computer atm, but I'll play around with that when I get back. Just hope that LCB actually do block respawns like they are supposed to, I guess. Good tips for making thing easier to recover in the interim, thanks.

1 hour ago, Kyonshi said:

LCB does prevent respawns of SLEEPERS that are within the LCB zone of effect. That's a fact. It doesnt prevent biome spawns.

Okay thanks. I knew it was supposed to, but when I was reading forum posts and stuff people were complaining that it was buggy and unreliable. I'm glad to hear if that's fixed now. :)

4 hours ago, Firecat said:

Okay thanks. I knew it was supposed to, but when I was reading forum posts and stuff people were complaining that it was buggy and unreliable. I'm glad to hear if that's fixed now. :)

Oh, maybe some people did have issues with it, sure. But this particular feature was added during Alpha 17 and after almost 2000 hours on the game, i can say that i never had problems with the LCB. Never ever had sleepers back once i place it.

Most of the issues i have seen posted regarding lcb "bugs" were not bugs.

The issues i have seen reported are lcbs not preventing screamers and blood moon hordes from spawning in their base (they have no affect on either of those).

And related to that actually are when people take over large pois that the lcb does not completely cover.

If you take over a large poi and are standing near one edge of it, zombies spawn 30ish blocks away from THE PLAYERS. That means you will have blood moon zombies spawn inside your base if the farther edges are more that 30 blocks from where you are standing. And if your land claim block does not cover the entire poi, you will get sleeper respawns, at least in the areas outside the lcb boundaries.

If you keep those things in mind when choosing a poi to reinforce and/or while building your defenses, you will be fine.

Plus, if you are interested OP, there is a mod in the modding subforum that prevents sleeper respawn completely once they are cleared.

3 hours ago, Kyonshi said:

Oh, maybe some people did have issues with it, sure. But this particular feature was added during Alpha 17 and after almost 2000 hours on the game, i can say that i never had problems with the LCB. Never ever had sleepers back once i place it.

37 minutes ago, katarynna said:

Most of the issues i have seen posted regarding lcb "bugs" were not bugs.

The issues i have seen reported are lcbs not preventing screamers and blood moon hordes from spawning in their base (they have no affect on either of those).

And related to that actually are when people take over large pois that the lcb does not completely cover.

If you take over a large poi and are standing near one edge of it, zombies spawn 30ish blocks away from THE PLAYERS. That means you will have blood moon zombies spawn inside your base if the farther edges are more that 30 blocks from where you are standing. And if your land claim block does not cover the entire poi, you will get sleeper respawns, at least in the areas outside the lcb boundaries.

If you keep those things in mind when choosing a poi to reinforce and/or while building your defenses, you will be fine.

Plus, if you are interested OP, there is a mod in the modding subforum that prevents sleeper respawn completely once they are cleared.

Cool, thanks guys!

Archived