Editing the block.xml file for SMG Turret / Shotgun Damage to blocks.

Nemorevera

Hello,

so I've recently just edited the block.xml file to change the damage that turrets do to blocks from 1 to 0 as seen below for an example. Yet after uploading the changed file and restarting the server the turrets still end up damaging blocks.

<property name="BlockDamage" value="0"/>

I'm hoping that someone can help me with this issue as I can't seem to figure out why it isn't working. In away i feel like i could of missed something?

Thankyou for taking the time to read this and to reply. 

There are two possibilities, and you should first find out which of those two it is:

1) The setting does not work because of bug or something else needs to be done

2) The setting was ignored by the server (because you edited the wrong file, restarting the server didn't work,...)

So just change say the SMG turret's value to 900 instead and change it for the dart trap as well. Observe what happens. If dart trap and SMG turret suddenly erase blocks like they are out of paper then you know that generally changing that line works and possibility 1 is true. Otherwise it must be 2.

Please post your findings here, I would like to know as well.

2 hours ago, Telric said:

I dont believe its possible to deal less than 1 damage to anything, block or entity. Its the same reason if you change a zombies damage on its hand item to 0, it still does 1 damage. 

Very Interesting. What happens if you delete the "Block Damage" line completely?

Archived