Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

9 hours ago, Crater Creator said:

But this seems to gloss over the feature where you can scrap a weapon into weapon parts, which the recipes already use.  With that transmutability in place, we in effect already have the functionality meganoth proposes.  It just takes an extra step.  The only sticking point is the quantity of weapon parts needed, which could be adjusted on their own.

So the scheme solves the problem that you can't craft a lower quality weapon than your perk AND removes an annoying step.

Remember that the A16 weapon scheme was changed because all that swapping in and out of weapon parts was too much inventory grind. Personally I get the same feeling again with swapping mods in and out of various weapons and armors. I can't imagine anyone having really fun while doing this.

At the moment crafting a better gun means this: After collecting all the ingredients and producing a weapon (~10 clicks) you need another 9 very mindless clicks (with 2 mods, no dye) to really switch to the new weapon. Does saving 50% clicks sound like a good deal for a GUI improvement?

There is a small disadvantage here, a quality 4 item is made more valuable for crafting than a quality 1 item while scrapping them makes them equal. But this discrepancy is already in the game since their monetary value is very different.

The other thing added here is keeping the mods... I’ve never scrapped a gun while it had a mod on it, out of fear of losing it.  So I’m not actually sure if the mods get kicked out or are destroyed.

Nobody is forced to take the highway 😉.

meganoth

meganoth

But this seems to gloss over the feature where you can scrap a weapon into weapon parts, which the recipes already use.  With that transmutability in place, we in effect already have the functionality meganoth proposes.  It just takes an extra step.  The only sticking point is the quantity of weapon parts needed, which could be adjusted on their own.

So the scheme solves the problem that you can't craft a lower quality weapon than your perk AND removes an annoying step.

Remember that the A16 weapon scheme was changed because all that swapping in and out of weapon parts was too much inventory grind. Personally I get the same feeling again with swapping mods in and out of various weapons and armors. I can't imagine anyone having really fun while doing this.

At the moment crafting a better gun means this: After collecting all the ingredients and producing a weapon (~10 clicks) you need another 9 very mindless clicks (with 2 mods, no dye) to really switch to the new weapon. Does saving 50% clicks sound like a good deal for a GUI improvement?

The other thing added here is keeping the mods... I’ve never scrapped a gun while it had a mod on it, out of fear of losing it.  So I’m not actually sure if the mods get kicked out or are destroyed.

meganoth

meganoth

At the moment crafting a better gun means this: After collecting all the ingredients and producing a weapon (~10 clicks) you need another 9 very mindless clicks (with 2 mods, no coloring mod) to really switch to the new weapon. Does saving 50% clicks sound like a good deal for a GUI improvement?

meganoth

meganoth

Remember that the A16 weapon scheme was changed because all that swapping in and out of weapon parts was too much inventory grind. Personally I get the same feeling again with swapping mods in and out of various weapons and armors.

At the moment crafting a better gun means this: After collecting all the ingredients and producing a weapon (~10 clicks) you need another 9 very mindless clicks (with 2 mods, no coloring mod) to really switch to the new weapon. Does saving 50% clicks sound like a good deal? I think it does.