Snufkin's Jukebox

Snufkin

Snufkin's Jukebox

1864040522_Screenshot(301).thumb.png.f07680d2a92cacfc79aea8fd94ce33ef.png

Description.

Customizable Jukebox that holds up to 16 songs. While the Jukebox can be crafted, the songs must be obtained.

991655840_Screenshot(295).thumb.png.29f633868ccede313ba5e6cc586972d7.png

The Jukebox itself can be placed as a vehicle. Upon placing it, it won't have any songs to play. To add songs you must obtain the 16 Jukebox Vinyl. They can be found in loot or bought from the traders. The Vinyl must be placed in the Jukebox's storage, upon which the song will be unlocked. If the Vinyl is removed the song will be locked again.

80241630_Screenshot(297).thumb.png.2ab9c8680687deda4eca006d13549ba2.png

Usage.

• With an empty hand:
    • Primary Action, normal attack: Next Song.
    • Secondary Action, power attack: Previous Song.
    • To stop it, punch it while crouching.

Adding Songs.

• The mod doesn't have any songs included. To add your own songs:
  • Open the "_Convert" folder inside the mod folder.
  • Copy up to 16 mp3 files to the "SONGS" folder.
  • Run "CONVERT".

image.png.f75a8c0dd887db79322ee05afdedbea1.png

Download

Edited by Snufkin (see edit history)

Oh yes, I can really appreciate Quality of Life mods while waiting on the forge to complete its smelt.

A drink for this one.

20210220155644_1.thumb.jpg.2d7841470441dc6e18412545b7fce08c.jpg

Forward to that one.

20210220155832_1.thumb.jpg.1187127066646ca899cc485de36765f6.jpg

And back to work.

20210220155856_1.thumb.jpg.806faddda08d0349f3b3f5a06daefdaa.jpg

A really nice mod, thank you.

Here's a mistake I made that others should be aware of. After you bring your MP3s to the SONGS folder and perform CONVERT they will be converted to MP4 and moved to the Resources folder with a naming structure of song_1, song_2, etc. If you didn't add 16 in the first instance to bring it up to the maximum but add more songs later, delete all of your previous songs in the SONGS folder first as they will not overwrite their previous versions. These songs will be treated as new and added into the folder giving more than 16 with duplicates. It was my silly moment as I learn how it works so be aware of that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking at the code, there's like a 1% chance of getting one when something is rolled from the trophyGroup of loot (where you get brass and lead trophies, usually). There's also a 5% of the vendor having one for sale in the traderGeneral loot group. So, yeah, you're not going to be seeing a lot. 

You might want to consider either XML edits to bump those numbers up or adding them to other loot groups (I'll probably offer them as a possible quest rewards). For example, here's a snippet of code that will add them to mailboxes occasionally:

<!-- add slim chance of vinyl to mailbox-->
	<append xpath="/lootcontainers/lootcontainer[@id='14']">
		<item group="jukeboxVinyl" prob="0.02" count="1"/>
	</append>

Paste that into the end of the loot.xml file, and you'll have vinyl turning up in mailboxes 2% of the time just like in the days of Columbia House Record and Tape Club!

Edited by Cranberry Monster
correcting typos (see edit history)

This is epicsauce Snufkin!  And looks absolutely amazing!  But... I just can't seem to figure out how to get the mp3 or mp4 files (the post description seems to imply both...?) actually converted.  Pop the .mp3 into the songs file, and click the convert app.  Even with the hotfixed convert tool, it doesn't seem to actually have an in game effect on any of the vinyl records...?

I know you are likely very busy, but, it doesn't hurt to at least ask...  Is there any chance we could get a video demonstration for those of us that can't seem to figure this out and who would love to bring a more diverse music selection into their 7DTD experience...?

Btw, love the work on the Reactor Gauntlet and the Autominer.  A+ work!

Hope to hear back!  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
9 hours ago, Janarah said:

Does this still work snufkin? I want to use it in an overhaul me and a friend are trying to mash up together, of course with our own musical play lists. 
And of course there is a lock for permission on the download.

7 hours ago, Colin248 said:

oh hell didnt know this was a thing! sheeet, does it work in multi? id imagine everyone needs the same songs in order to hear the same tracks, or is it based on the host? (somehow) 

The last time I downloaded the Jukebox was about 8 months ago when A20 arrived. The Jukebox was no longer compatible with A20 updates and it seemed some fundamental xml code was no longer permitted/functional. It was clearly in need of an update. At some point since then, the Google Drive has locked downloads. This includes Snufkin's other downloads as well for the Battle Royale, original Snufkin Zombies, etc. Snufkin last shared a custom paintings mod about 18 months ago and that was about the last time we saw any activity.

2 hours ago, arramus said:

The last time I downloaded the Jukebox was about 8 months ago when A20 arrived. The Jukebox was no longer compatible with A20 updates and it seemed some fundamental xml code was no longer permitted/functional. It was clearly in need of an update. At some point since then, the Google Drive has locked downloads. This includes Snufkin's other downloads as well for the Battle Royale, original Snufkin Zombies, etc. Snufkin last shared a custom paintings mod about 18 months ago and that was about the last time we saw any activity.

Man that's a real shame. I'm checking some other sources, like a radio mod which seems to do basically the same thing, by Xynth I think.

5 minutes ago, Janarah said:

Man that's a real shame. I'm checking some other sources, like a radio mod which seems to do basically the same thing, by Xynth I think.

Ah yes, Xyth's mods bring quality of life in many ways, and the NPC Mod has certainly done that for NPC Mod game play and the overhauls like Wasteland and NMM, which wouldn't have been what they are for A20 without it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2022 at 10:04 PM, vivo said:

A20?

That is short-hand for "Alpha 20 version of 7 Days to Die".  A20.6 is the current stable release version.  Previous versions of the game can be installed through Steam via the BETAS tab in the Steam Library for your game.

On 10/1/2022 at 6:39 PM, Wolves Hero said:

Stupid request access, can't download

Unless you are playing A19.5 or earlier it wouldn't work anyway.  This mod (and others by Snufkin) have been abandoned and are no longer being updated.  @arramus has been kind enough to maintain and update some of the mods he had access to before Snufkin went MIA, but I don't think this was one of them.