Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Liesel Weppen

Liesel Weppen

31 minutes ago, Pichii said:

Is there any other point to them at all?

Currently power tools (i assume you refer to e.g. auger instead of steel pickaxe?) are still faster and don't consume stamina. And because they don't consume stamina (besides they are still faster), it doesn't consume food. So less ressource drain when using an auger. They use fuel instead, but that's a completely different ressource.

If you think, food and stamina regen is easier to achieve then fuel.... then go with steel tools. Nobody forces you to use power tools. But the math still says power tools are more efficient.

I prefer using power tools, because fuel is absolutely cheap to get.

From what i read, this about to be changed. Power tools will use stamina in further versions. But i expect they will still use much less stamina, so there is still an advantage remaining.

Liesel Weppen

Liesel Weppen

28 minutes ago, Pichii said:

Currently power tools (i assume you refer to e.g. auger instead of steel pickaxe?) are still faster and don't consume stamina. And because they don't consume stamina (besides they are still faster), it doesn't consume food. So less ressource drain when using an auger. They use fuel instead, but that's a completely different ressource.

If you think, food and stamina regen is easier to achieve then fuel.... then go with steel tools. Nobody forces you to use power tools.

I prefer using power tools, because fuel is absolutely cheap to get.

From what i read, this about to be changed. Power tools will use stamina in further versions. But i expect they will still use much less stamina, so there is still an advantage remaining.

Liesel Weppen

Liesel Weppen

24 minutes ago, Pichii said:

Currently power tools (i assume you refer to e.g. auger instead of steel pickaxe?) are still faster and don't consume stamina. And because they don't consume stamina (besides they are still faster), it doesn't consume food. So less ressource drain when using an auger.