Server Pausing

Titak77

I know that dedicated servers pause when no one is online, but is there a way to turn that off? I want to make a server that follows a real time day and night cycle, so I would need time to continue even when no one is online. Anyone have any idea if this is possible?

14 minutes ago, Titak77 said:

I know that dedicated servers pause when no one is online, but is there a way to turn that off?

With the mechanic of blood moons every X days, it makes absolutely no sense to keep server time running while nobody is online, because then people would just log off before bloodmoon and log back in once it is over, and so skip the main mechanic of the whole game.

Probably you are playing without bloodmoons and so for your usecase not stoping time would be preferred, but that is not what the game was intended to.

I somehow understand your request, but on the other hand it's something like asking for "why is using a wrench with nails so bad"... Because both don't fit together. If you prefer using nails, a wrench is simply the wrong tool. Just like a hammer is the wrong tool for screws.

I know it is a weird request. I do play with default settings normally. The reason for my interest in this is that me and my friends are all on different schedules and can't always play together, this setup would allow us to all have ample time to do stuff during the week and then get together and fight off the horde for a bit on a Saturday night.

It's not so much to avoid the horde, mostly because it would be an interesting public server.

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, Sarakatunga said:

use the settime command on the console. Example if you play with a friend on day 200 and they reach 210 then if you want to enter with another friend you put day 200 and that's it.

Bad advice. Using this command is almost guaranteed to permanently and irrecoverably break the save.