New odd "whoosh" sound?

Lenny Lettuce Lips

My little trio and I have been playing a lot on the new stable build and last night I've been hearing a new odd "whoosh" sound that appears to be random. I have no idea what is causing it and I was wondering if anyone knew about it or what triggers it. It's new to me and it has been heard by all of us. It is relatively uncommon and I've heard it about... Four times? 

10 hours ago, Lenny Lettuce Lips said:

My little trio and I have been playing a lot on the new stable build and last night I've been hearing a new odd "whoosh" sound that appears to be random. I have no idea what is causing it and I was wondering if anyone knew about it or what triggers it. It's new to me and it has been heard by all of us. It is relatively uncommon and I've heard it about... Four times? 

Be honest...Is there someone in your group that is slow to get things?  Maybe take things literally all the time?  Could it be those things "whooshing" over their head and everyone is aware of it?  😉

Seriously, I never noticed it before.  Normally I am listening for sounds of animals or zombies.  I think the next time I play for a bit, I will listen for this "whoosh" sound.

5 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Be honest...Is there someone in your group that is slow to get things?  Maybe take things literally all the time?  Could it be those things "whooshing" over their head and everyone is aware of it?  😉

Seriously, I never noticed it before.  Normally I am listening for sounds of animals or zombies.  I think the next time I play for a bit, I will listen for this "whoosh" sound.

I don't get it ; )

It almost sounds like an event type sound effect. Think like text would slide onto the screen or something to that effect. It's really random, and I'd never heard it before. 

11 hours ago, Lenny Lettuce Lips said:

I don't get it ; )

It almost sounds like an event type sound effect. Think like text would slide onto the screen or something to that effect. It's really random, and I'd never heard it before. 

Any other program in the background? Maybe a social site in your browser that you allowed notifying you about new messages?

12 hours ago, meganoth said:

Any other program in the background? Maybe a social site in your browser that you allowed notifying you about new messages?

Nope, and it was confirmed again last night. We have a theory; it's whenever a team mate turns in a quest? maybe. We aren't sure. 

8 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

it "sounds" like you're going to have to record a game and make a clip for us when the sound appears ;)

I need to, but it happens intermittently. I'll try letting OBS run tonight for hours to get a two second sound bite, haha

• 2 weeks later...

Methinks I know what you mean. Today, I noticed it for the first time.

It reminded me of the mating call of the Jara Jara bird ( meat-eater) perceived from far away.

There was noone else present in the game, though, so no turning in of quests here.

Now that i've heard it I cannot unhear it. Haunting.

On 3/1/2021 at 2:14 PM, uncle.heavy said:

Methinks I know what you mean. Today, I noticed it for the first time.

It reminded me of the mating call of the Jara Jara bird ( meat-eater) perceived from far away.

There was noone else present in the game, though, so no turning in of quests here.

Now that i've heard it I cannot unhear it. Haunting.

It's weird, huh?

Archived