THE LATEST PERFORMANCE OPTIMISATION SOLUTION.

Aribo

IRRELEVANT DATA NOW: LOW SPEC USERS: Install GEforceNOW by nvidia,

Even High Specs PC's may and will have issues in certain scenarios as your hardware maybe much newer than the games current stage and progress support for compatibility and thus is a hindrance periodically.

INSTEAD PLAY YOUR GAME WITH A 32GB TESLA P40 In Full GLory....
BY running GFN Platform App which lets you use the 7k card virtually even on PC system as low as a CORE 2 Duo with 4GM Ram. Stick it All On Ultra & Enjoy Your GAME :7days::lunar2019coolpig::steamthumbsup::steamsalty:

Screenshot (639).png

Screenshot (894).png

How much does NVidia pay for advertising Geforce Now?

13 hours ago, Aribo said:

IRRELEVANT DATA NOW: LOW SPEC USERS: Install GEforceNOW by nvidia,

Did you forget intentionally to mention that it requires a abo that costs 5,50€ per month?

13 hours ago, Aribo said:

INSTEAD PLAY YOUR GAME WITH A 32GB TESLA P40 In Full GLory....
BY running GFN Platform App which lets you use the 7k card

Tesla P40 is basically a Titan XP with double the VRAM, and so a GPU of the 1000 series of GTX. Just 5% faster than a 1080ti, and even 7% slower than a 3070. So basically not a really big deal. The Tesla series only have been so expensive because they ship with professional support and drivers that allow for professional use, not because they are significantly faster than their desktop twins.

Since it is an "old" GPU, it can't even do RTX. GFN assigns also RTX2060 and RTX2080, depending on the game, so those probably are only used by games that use rtx.

virtually even on PC system as low as a CORE 2 Duo with 4GM Ram. Stick it All On Ultra & Enjoy Your GAME

Since this is streaming, your device basically only needs to be capable of decoding a video. So it basically works on everything from smartphones, over tablets up to even a raspberry pi.

5 hours ago, Vampirenostra said:

input lag?

I'm not very susceptible for input lag, but when testing GFN and shadow, i noticed zero input lag, even when playing doom 2016. Of course it is not zero, but worked perfect for me anyway. Of course that also depends on your internet connection.

For people not wanting to buy an own (gaming capable) PC, i indeed can recommend it, too. GFN can also be used for free but with a session limit of 1 hour. Enough to test if it works for you, but if you want to really use it, taking the abo is basically inevitable.

But GFN is a "high level" service. You don't have access to the file system, so you will not be able to use mods or modify any xmls by yourself.  As discussed in another thread here recently.

1 hour ago, doughphunghus said:

so...its kinda like Stadia (was?) except you can use it with "any game service" like Steam? 

Right.

If so, I can imagine that it would also perform like Stadia reportedly did, and some games (like FPS) the lag might be intolerable to some users?

Right. Basically all streaming services suffer from lag, there is always lag if you transfer input and output over an internet connection. And if it will never become zero until the theory of relativity will be proven wrong. How much it does affect your experience, depends on how vulnerable you are for lag and of course your internet connection.

I additionally assume "input lag" is overestimated. It's a hype. Most people complaining about input lag will still not notice anything, if the input lag is below... 20 or 30ms. It's measurable, but not really noticable.

The input lag is there anyway. That's exactly what you can see in many multiplayer games. Your client just does "estimations" for online games.

E.g. you trigger a shot and your client calculates it's a hit it shows blood. However your client only transfers your current telemetry to the server. The server then calculates if it is a hit or not and answers with the result. Your client can only determine if it REALLY was hit when he received the answer from the server. Sending, calculating on the server and receiving the answer takes time. ALWAYS. That's the lag, even if it is not video streaming. That may result in your client showing a hit, but the server calculates it isn't. Then you see blood, but you didn't hit the enemy. Thats even more confusing, because you "see" a hit, but you didn't hit. That's a very common problem for any online game, and so the lag is there anyway.

If a game is implemented the other way so that only the client does the hit calculation and the server trusts this information, your game is free for client hacks. So you shouldn't wonder about cheaters. Also a common problem, because some games do it that way.

Most well known and obvious problem is also: If there is only one player with bad ping, you will see his position delayed or even jumping. That makes accurate targeting also impossible.

So if playing online, there is lag anyway. One way or the other. It won't vanish. Since it is there anyway, lag is only relevant if you play singleplayer via streaming. E.g. a bullet hell game. But i still doubt most people will even recognice the lag if it is low enough.

The only situation where i really recognized input lag was, when i played guitar hero (which is highly addictive to input lag) on PS2. If i used VGA output instead of Video, my TV caused some input lag. The game provided a correction for that with testing mode. I ended up with setting it to -180ms felt accurate. I can't tell if -160 oder -200 would have been better, couldn't feel a difference. And it's the same with online gaming, no matter if it is just client-server-communication-online or streaming-online.

If you are interested, just test it. GFN can be tested for free. Shadow provides cheap testing accounts. Don't know about stadia. Afaik there is also a free version that at least allows testing. Lag is not really affected by streaming resolution or quality.

If you approach it with the thought, it's impossible anyway and has to be bad, of course you will find any nitpicks. Take this apart and just test it.

If you are not playing high level professional tournaments, i doubt you won't notice anything.

There is a lot of imagination out there. I've already proven MANY people wrong that claimed to definitely see 144fps over 60fps. But when testing them, without knowing them what display and framerate it is (in a game) they couldn't tell anything.

On 2/17/2021 at 12:51 AM, Liesel Weppen said:

There is a lot of imagination out there. I've already proven MANY people wrong that claimed to definitely see 144fps over 60fps. But when testing them, without knowing them what display and framerate it is (in a game) they couldn't tell anything.

Strange to hear that, as it is more than double increase, assuming your gpu dent usually give out full frames - the more frames per second your gpu/monitor emits - the smoother visual performance you get. Didn't try 144, but difference between 30-60 is clearly noticeable simply moving your mouse pointer around the screen. And difference is drastic.

On 2/16/2021 at 4:20 PM, Liesel Weppen said:

How much does NVidia pay for advertising Geforce Now?

Did you forget intentionally to mention that it requires a abo that costs 5,50€ per month?

Tesla P40 is basically a Titan XP with double the VRAM, and so a GPU of the 1000 series of GTX. Just 5% faster than a 1080ti, and even 7% slower than a 3070. So basically not a really big deal. The Tesla series only have been so expensive because they ship with professional support and drivers that allow for professional use, not because they are significantly faster than their desktop twins.

Since it is an "old" GPU, it can't even do RTX. GFN assigns also RTX2060 and RTX2080, depending on the game, so those probably are only used by games that use rtx.

Since this is streaming, your device basically only needs to be capable of decoding a video. So it basically works on everything from smartphones, over tablets up to even a raspberry pi.

I'm not very susceptible for input lag, but when testing GFN and shadow, i noticed zero input lag, even when playing doom 2016. Of course it is not zero, but worked perfect for me anyway. Of course that also depends on your internet connection.

For people not wanting to buy an own (gaming capable) PC, i indeed can recommend it, too. GFN can also be used for free but with a session limit of 1 hour. Enough to test if it works for you, but if you want to really use it, taking the abo is basically inevitable.

But GFN is a "high level" service. You don't have access to the file system, so you will not be able to use mods or modify any xmls by yourself.  As discussed in another thread here recently.

No I didn't forget to mention that. I dont care use it or dont, it is free!!!. Just costs 5 quid if you dont want to wait in a que when periods are busy or have limited play time before you need come out then go back in. its purely a suggestion because I've tested the shiat out of this game since alpha 2 here and ran servers for 4 years, its helped a lot of my players with low specs to be able to enjoy the game, thanks.

On 2/16/2021 at 3:45 PM, Roland said:

Wow! You were able to render that many wood frame blocks on screen at the same time? Amazing!!!!

Not Really, just added screen for fun. Which also shows how to deal with the most unstable block when designing. 

16 minutes ago, Vampirenostra said:

smoother visual performance you get. Didn't try 144, but difference between 30-60 is clearly noticeable simply moving your mouse pointer around the screen. And difference is drastic.

The deal is, your brain can't process infinite fps. There is a limit, from which on you won't notice any further improvements. It's different from person to person where exactly that limit is. But for most people it is way lower than 144.

And it's also dependent on the scene you are watching. In a high contrast scene, e.g. a black dot moving in white ground (or scrolling through black text on white background) you are able to notice higher framerates then in a gaming scene with lots of colors and shades.

The other way round it's the opposite. The lower the framerate is the more you will notice it. That's why most people can see a clear difference between 30 and 60 fps, but only some can still notice a difference between 60 and 90, and even less between 90 and 120.

Just because you can see a difference between 30 and 60 letting you assume you can see the same difference between 60 and 90 is simply a wrong reversion.

That refers to "how smooth" moving pictures will look. Input lag is a completely different thing. With a higher framerate you have reduced input lag and this can be even proven to increase your gaming performance. But for non professional players this is on such a high level for so small values, that it's practically irrelevant for non professional players.

1 minute ago, Liesel Weppen said:

The deal is, your brain can't process infinite fps. There is a limit, from which on you won't notice any further improvements. It's different from person to person where exactly that limit is. But for most people it is way lower than 144.

And it's also dependent on the scene you are watching. In a high contrast scene, e.g. a black dot moving in white ground (or scrolling through black text on white background) you are able to notice higher framerates then in a gaming scene with lots of colors and shades.

The other way round it's the opposite. The lower the framerate is the more you will notice it. That's why most people can see a clear difference between 30 and 60 fps, but only some can still notice a difference between 60 and 90, and even less between 90 and 120.

Just because you can see a difference between 30 and 60 letting you assume you can see the same difference between 60 and 90 is simply a wrong reversion.

Nice Feedback, stay on topic though please. The advice here was to recommend an alternative option for players with low specs suffering to play at all, thanks

Archived