A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

4 hours ago, gpcstargate said:

Good Day .. Damocles

Hoping you are well and family is also. Just wondering if we will have an update coming soon .. OR .. if you are waiting on A20 to come out.

As so many others are starting to have issues with map making including myself .. I'm not one that does alot of custom style maps .. basically 10-12k ones without the radiation and wastelands with a trader in every town.

Anyway .. I was just wondering and I know you have been on and off checking things out I guest.

Take Care and Be Safe ... the Old Gamer .. :tranquillity:

From what I have heard, he has moved on to other projects. Which means that this is not likely to see another update. With each Stable release it gets further and further away from being compatible with the client.

Edited by SylenThunder (see edit history)

Rukminesh

Below is what I was talking about.

I use Photoshop select Color Range on the Dtm height file
then I can simply replace the color with the biome I desire
and it automatically renders at that altitude.

This particular map is my closest attempt to setting biomes according
to terrain height. The best part is since all of the biomes are
integrated at nearly 1 meter accuracy, the rules, and decorations
overlap seemlessly.

Lions roam everywhere near mountains, Dogs patrol near the larger
burnt biome borders, vultures appear if you go too deeply into the desert.

Forest has some broken bricks, snow has some green patches burnt has burnt
waste and desert ground. Im working on making a singular lighting scenario
so all use the same spectrum.

The second pic is a zoomed view to show how tightly woven I have
learned to get it.

my_biome.png.fbda583b22e4b3f1d518c5688237e2d8.png

detailed.png.8480200f58bddcffbad46c5eca30bfb8.png

can I make a request?I’m really love snow.although you  have the option:only snow,adding a landscape manually setting of snow could be better. And in the north/south stetting,the

area of snow and desert could be enlarge,make it optional,like "N-snow&S-desert(many)" "N-snow(many)" "S-desert(many)",always greenland is boring. Very very thank you,your NITROGEN is the best!hoping you

can take my advice!

and you have a serious issue,first time using NITROGEN,it tips that I need to install the java 8,after I installed,It still tips and can't be work. it solved after I installed the java 9.you need to update the tips of java8 to java9

also start_12_Ram is needed(for 16G user),when generating 16K,my CPU only use 10% ,you can make a more effectual mod to bleed my CPU dry like vanilla game:D

Edited by yinping (see edit history)

On 12/11/2020 at 5:11 PM, SylenThunder said:

From what I have heard, he has moved on to other projects. Which means that this is not likely to see another update. With each Stable release it gets further and further away from being compatible with the client.

Damn .. I sure Hope he comes back to it .. But, that is typical of a Mod maker .. (they come and they go) .. I would really hate to have that happen to a Great Mod as this one is and So Very Much Needed for the Game .. with Nitrogen _ I can make a really Nice 10-12K map in about 5 minutes and TFP RWG take over a 1/2 hour for a crappy 8K.

Please Damocles .. keep up this Great Mod

Take Care and Be Safe ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

@Damocles: if you are moving on to other things (and you find this post) would it be possible to release the source code to this? if it has other uses for you/other games of course It would make sense to keep it closed/protected.

Forgive my ignorance if this has been discussed already, or if something about it is proprietary. I haven’t read any of the above posts :) I doubt I would be able to do anything with the code but someone else may be able to continue maintenance of it for this game. 

1 hour ago, stanzman94 said:

I'm trying to download the mod but it doesn't seem to want to do so. I click the alpha 19 link, a new tab opens and closes but nothing else happens after that. I usually don't have problems downloading mods and stuff online so idk what's going on.

I just tested it, and did not have an issue.

NitroGen_WorldGenerator_v0501.zip

@stanzman94 if you're on windows, try right clicking on the ZIP file and hitting properties. At the bottom there should be a windows security popup and a check box that says "unblock". If you check it and then hit apply it might work. I had that problem too, because windows thinks that the zip file might have a virus in it (it doesn't).

screenshot of what i'm talking about is under the spoiler, blacked out portion is personal info lol)

Spoiler

boop.PNG.19ef9e78c148aa1d54aa2b14cd63c60d.PNG

also make sure to run it in administrator once the zip file is unpacked, and if that doesn't work, make sure that you have both java 32 bit and java 64 bit installed. if you dont have a windows system, idk what to tell you because im on windows 10 lol 
(the above links are safe, they are just the direct links to two proper versions. the page with the downloads is here, though, if you'd rather do it there—both of the windows offline links are what i added above)

I am literally so dumb I thought you meant you couldn't open it, not that you couldn't download it. Open the original download link in a new tab to get it to download instead of just clicking on it. 

Edited by vergilsparda (see edit history)

18 hours ago, stanzman94 said:

I'm trying to download the mod but it doesn't seem to want to do so. I click the alpha 19 link, a new tab opens and closes but nothing else happens after that. I usually don't have problems downloading mods and stuff online so idk what's going on.

AND Once Downloaded ........ YOU Need Java64 .......... Not the Standard _ It is a Manual download for 64

I need help with Nitrogen and combo pack. I had both working on my gaming pc when it crashed. I had to the hard drive replace (extended warranty) but had to reload everything. tested the game in Vanilla the then tried to reload nirtogen and Combo pack 45 I did before and its messed up. I get a vanilla map or a combo pack map with no vanilla building and empty spots where the preview says they should be. uninstalled and went back to the video to check my work .same results .went to youtube for another Video "7 Days to Die Alpha 19: Nitrogen + Combopack 46 {Download, Config + Use *UPDATED TO USE V46*} no change.so.....HELP!

8 hours ago, goldenfyre said:

I need help with Nitrogen and combo pack. I had both working on my gaming pc when it crashed. I had to the hard drive replace (extended warranty) but had to reload everything. tested the game in Vanilla the then tried to reload nirtogen and Combo pack 45 I did before and its messed up. I get a vanilla map or a combo pack map with no vanilla building and empty spots where the preview says they should be. uninstalled and went back to the video to check my work .same results .went to youtube for another Video "7 Days to Die Alpha 19: Nitrogen + Combopack 46 {Download, Config + Use *UPDATED TO USE V46*} no change.so.....HELP!

So you opened the compopack archive and took all the files from "PLEASE copy all files from this folder into your 7d-prefabsfolder" folder and put them in your steam/steamapps/common/7 days to die/data/prefabs folder, and then took the compopack files from the "Nitrogen-files" folder and put them in (wherever you put NitroGen)/resources? When you make a NitroGen map, you select a19.1 cp 46 (or whatever, but NOT A19 vanilla (default) ) as your prefab list? and you copy the output into the actual GeneratedWorlds folder? (The button in NitroGen doesn't open the right folder, you have to drill down into it).

Edited by GlassDeviant (see edit history)

Hello to all, and thank the devs for this fantastic work, but as expected it flatly refuses to work on my PC. As always with aps like this, my pc just hates them. As consequence i have a request for anyone who can help.

Please be so kind as to generate an exclusively Snow biome centric map, like one youd expect in an ice age/nuclear winter scenario and post it here so i can use it, or if this has already been done, point me to the post i can turn to instead.

Thanks in advance :)

On 12/1/2020 at 10:53 PM, Chrnosdark said:

I want to generate a map for 7dtd but using the map of my country as a reference

On 12/2/2020 at 1:23 AM, 4sheetzngeegles said:

1 The first step is to convert it to a grayscale.

2 resize it to 8192 by 8192 for 8 k map

3 resize it to 4096 by 4096 for a 4k map. save it as a png file

4 create a copy and paint your biome separations or it will be all forest.

Rename the map png to import_HM.png and drop it into the resources folder.

in GUI point to resources folder and to the import_HM.png. and it should work.

From what I see it should generate cities town in 2 - 6 areas.

On 12/2/2020 at 3:51 AM, stample said:

Some warning on what you are trying to do. The map you have there will do bad things, because of the light shading applied to the rougher areas.

Hello everyone, https://tangrams.github.io/heightmapper/#9.08333/13.7410/-88.7699 is suitable for creating game maps from terrain maps.Rename these files to import_HM and create.
Chrnosdark, try to create through the file "import_HM.png"

https://yadi.sk/d/7-y_mXJjhi4EKQ

import_HM.png

mask.png

previewMap.png

Edited by trolyambus
Attached a link to the map to the message. (see edit history)

20 hours ago, VALT13L said:

Hello to all, and thank the devs for this fantastic work, but as expected it flatly refuses to work on my PC. As always with aps like this, my pc just hates them. As consequence i have a request for anyone who can help.

Please be so kind as to generate an exclusively Snow biome centric map, like one youd expect in an ice age/nuclear winter scenario and post it here so i can use it, or if this has already been done, point me to the post i can turn to instead.

Thanks in advance :)

Check, please.

1260415117_Grnland.7z

Thank you very much Trolyambus for the map, there is only a small detail, some states of the peninsula were missing, the rest is very good.
What programs do you use for this? I use krita, gimp and paint.net, but I don't know how to do it, you could upload a tutorial or videotutorial to learn how to do this.
Regards

21 hours ago, trolyambus said:

What I liked about nitrogen is that any "hightmap" image taken from the Internet and cropped to a 1: 1 ratio can be used to create a map.
For example, take this abstraction:

import_HM.thumb.png.741188c07f767ad564f2308af3ae5396.png
Let's process it a little, feed it to nitrogen and get a map:

previewMap.thumb.png.438668229e17a16ce4644c4c0caea48f.png

Wow this beutifull map (sorry my english is bad, jajajaja)