A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

Hello boys.
Here I bring you my problems when trying to recreate a couple of maps that I put together in the World Painter, for minecraft.

The thing is simple: I have been writing a couple of short stories for a while and in order to have a better vision of the world where it takes place, I began to create the world in minecraft, through the World Painter.
But of course, minecraft is minecraft and the graphics do not help me to visualize the whole picture.
My other options were to export the world to a heightmap that works quite well, and work it in Unity or Unreal 4.
But my machine is not that powerful for jobs like this, besides it takes too much work to be able to get it right.

My other option is to recreate it on the 7DTD.
My big problem is that it is costing me a lot of work to be able to bring the heightmap to the game, even with the Nitrogen options.

Any ideas?

This is the job I'm trying to do:

Spoiler

spacer.png

Details:

Spoiler

spacer.png

1- Is the main building, a Lighthouse.

2- A road that ends in the lighthouse.

3- Is a very small summer houses on the beach, like 3 or 4.
4- dirt road that connect the beach town with the main road.

5- And old cabin.

6- Another old cabin.

7- An old abandoned mansion, with a big fountain.

8- A concrete dock.

9- An old broken road.

My idea, of course, is to build all of me, in creative.
The mansion, the cabins, the lighthouse, etc. etc.

But the most difficult thing, the terrain, is what I can't create.

This is the original heightmap:

Spoiler

spacer.png

And this is what I get when I build it with Nitrogen:

Spoiler

spacer.png

And this is the configuration that I use for this purpose, using as a base, the same height map, with the name import_HM.

Spoiler

Sin-t-tulo.png

So... what am I doing wrong?

Having a lot of warnings when playing on a 16k map with the POIs (compopack 45 latest) installed.  a few errors, but everything seems playable.  I have attached a small png of the console window in hopes that someone can just shed some light on the issues at hand, if there is something I can do to help alleviate some of these warnings and possible errors.  Everything seems all well in the game.

Sincerely,

Me

Capture.PNG

9 hours ago, Ikaruss said:

And this is what I get when I build it with Nitrogen:

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Lol, looks to me like you named the mask file import_hm.png lol

I would also highly recommend changing your map size to 4k, youll easily get that scene into a 4k with room to spare.

So... what am I doing wrong?

2020-09-08_01h44_13.png

Edited by Cpt Krunch (see edit history)

On 8/28/2020 at 6:18 PM, Wolves Hero said:

Same me happened just keep re-generator world will work show up trader locations. I think quests not detected any traders around map.
I was re-generator my UK maps pack worked again

Did I get the suggestion correct? That if you keep trying a map after map with the current a19 stable eventually you will get one what can give you a trader quest? As opposed to a common situation where the very first map you play with a19 with nitro map is fine and the next one has "no trader" after placing a campfire?

Because that does not seem to be working for me. Went through 6 tries last evening and through 2 more tries this morning. The traders are actually there and functional (went to debug mode and teleported there, they are open, they talk to you just fine) - just when you reach with your quest chain to where it is supposed to point you towards a trader there is "NO TRADER"

Reading the server log the issue is:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at NetPackageQuestGotoPoint.ProcessPackage (World _world, INetConnectionCallbacks _netConnectionCallback) [0x00157] in <bb2961016a004bd4bf77288a67df32f1>:0 
  at ConnectionManager.ProcessPackages (INetConnection _connection, NetPackageDirection _disallowedDirection) [0x000b2] in <bb2961016a004bd4bf77288a67df32f1>:0 
  at ConnectionManager.Update () [0x00053] in <bb2961016a004bd4bf77288a67df32f1>:0 

(Filename: <bb2961016a004bd4bf77288a67df32f1> Line: 0)

On 9/1/2020 at 5:24 AM, DBNimble said:

Hi Darkwolfe! 
I had the same problem... but figured out how to fix it... follow these steps:

1) In Nitrogen\Resources folder, open 'CompoPack_43.txt' in a text editor
2) Look for "//TRADER'S" section, and ADD directly under that header (pushing the others down...) these rows:

trader_bob,none,2,-1,41,27,46,trader
trader_hugh,none,2,-8,45,28,49,trader
trader_jen,none,2,-1,43,24,41,trader
trader_joel,none,2,-1,35,32,35,trader
trader_rekt,none,2,-1,37,24,37,trader

3) Now run Nitrogen again, and the top-right dropdown, select the CompoPack prefab

When you open the map in a new game, you'll see it find a trader!

Sorry. Does not seem to be working for me. 

20200908134409_1.jpg

On 8/31/2020 at 7:48 AM, Darkwolfe73 said:

I know I've seen a lot of people posting about this lately. I have created a few dozen worlds to test, both co-op and solo. I have noticed if I do a fully normal, default, balanced world gen - traders work just fine. If I do a full snow biome, or full desert, or 'some' variations of the biomes, the 'no trader' error pops up. It's not a name change issue as one person mentioned previously, as with a purely default gen world using this mod, it works just fine. Changing the world/biome setting doesn't affect names or prefab names. So, there is something else going on. I have yet to figure out what or why biome changes would affect initial traders - except (possibly) perhaps some traders are now coded to only spawn in specific biomes and it's causing havoc with the mod....?

Edit: just for clarification purposes, I have completely wiped everything from my previous patches and saves. Wiped every file and folder, started 100% fresh. It still happens on my rig and my wife's, unless it's a 'default biome' map.

Thanx mate. That seems to be the case indeed. I went through 10'ish maps last evening this morning trying to figure out WTF is going on. Going to god mode, flying to trader finding that all is well with him (talks to me just fine, has stuff for sale etc) but as soon as you put down the campfire NO TRADER is the quest result. I was doing full desert biome world gen. Meaning that the problem was not with the game, problem was with Nitrogen in single biome settings, it seems. 

EDIT: And interesting bit of information has fallen on my lap from here: (apparently it might be because of the a19 change where the starting quest always sends you to a forest trader. Since there is no forest trader in an all-desert map, you get the no trader message.)

Maybe add an option into the nitrogen to force the first trader to be in a forest biome if the devs of a19 do not fix that requirement. 

20200908140125_1.jpgrently

Edited by Tehnomaag
updated with additional information. (see edit history)

I've tried every solution I've seen in this thread...but EVERY.  SINGLE.  WORLD I generate with NitroGen and CompoPack 45 gives me this error:

IOException: Sharing violation on path C:\Users\*UserNameHere*\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds\*WorldName*\dtm_processed.raw

Please...help?

Attached is a screengrab of the loading screen, along with an odd error stating that "Loaded world file from different version: 'Alpha 19 (b151)'" about 7 lines up from the red error line.  I'm using the most recent version of NitroGen and CompoPack...so I am really, REALLY confused.

7Days_LoadError.png

Edited by Xandyr78
Adding additional info and screenshot. (see edit history)

On 8/31/2020 at 10:24 PM, DBNimble said:

Hi Darkwolfe! 
I had the same problem... but figured out how to fix it... follow these steps:

1) In Nitrogen\Resources folder, open 'CompoPack_43.txt' in a text editor
2) Look for "//TRADER'S" section, and ADD directly under that header (pushing the others down...) these rows:

trader_bob,none,2,-1,41,27,46,trader
trader_hugh,none,2,-8,45,28,49,trader
trader_jen,none,2,-1,43,24,41,trader
trader_joel,none,2,-1,35,32,35,trader
trader_rekt,none,2,-1,37,24,37,trader

3) Now run Nitrogen again, and the top-right dropdown, select the CompoPack prefab

When you open the map in a new game, you'll see it find a trader!

Very interesting - I'll give it a try. I assume this means I'll have to use the A18 combopack 43 prefab list instead of A19 vanilla then. Is there much difference between the two?
Thanks much!

Edited by Darkwolfe73 (see edit history)

So I ran a map with compopack45 hotfix 02 and nitrogen and it runs beautifully. My wife and I played a multiplayer with me hosting the game on my pc, we are on day 17 and would like to play on our server, what would I need to transfer to my server to be able to keep our save game... all our loot and progression?

I am currently uploading compopack to the server (we use Bluefang) once that is done I just need toupload what I assume is the world to generated worlds but what else for the save?

Help is appreciated.

This is part Nitro, part hand made. Ground is set to just above water level and completely flat. I generated 2-3 mega cities per section, and did a separate map for each section, then combined them into a single map. I connected up all the roads in each section and tied them together with 6 custom made bridges. Hand placed traders throughout with some player safe houses across the street from each, then added a mountain border. 

On 9/8/2020 at 2:46 AM, Cpt Krunch said:

2020-09-08_01h44_13.png

Yeah, I do, because I have no way to import my heightmap to the Nitrogen.

I forget to mention: English is not my main language, so I get lost a little on the use of the program.
I check it better, and now I can see where was my mystake.
Now understand that lol... XD
I never check the resource files...

Edited by Ikaruss (see edit history)

I did it!

Spoiler

previewMap.thumb.png.466b7cc3230d9e3649e42ed75e52b989.png

Now, I just have couple of problems.

1- I remember that in previous Alphas (A17), you could create and modify the road pattern.
But I can't find it here.

2- In order not to be building a lot, how can I spawn some cabins and houses in specific coordinates?
And that includes the trader as well.

Edited by Ikaruss (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Ikaruss said:

I did it!

Hide contents

previewMap.thumb.png.466b7cc3230d9e3649e42ed75e52b989.png

Now, I just have couple of problems.

1- I remember that in previous Alphas (A17), you could create and modify the road pattern.
But I can't find it here.

2- In order not to be building a lot, how can I spawn some cabins and houses in specific coordinates?
And that includes the trader as well.

Chat with me on discord, there are 2 ways. 

https://discord.gg/d2MCcr

I have no idea if this is normal or not. I installed java. I verified by firing up java. Yet my Nitrogen seems to be going "wtf is java?"

EDIT: Figured it out and record here incase anyone encounters this. my version of java was the 32bit version. obviously that's wrong. The java site is an ass to use and easy to hti the "download!" button, which gives you the wrong one. hunt for 64-bit manual download.

9-13-2020 2-53-09 PM.jpg

Edited by AlyssaFaden (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Promethean Winchester said:

How would I go about using Nitrogen without compopack POIs? What settings would I choose when generating the world to have Nitrogen's dazzling terrain generation, without incorporating any non-vanilla POIs?

You have to download and add compopack to use it so if you just download nitrogen as it is then use it you will get nothing but vanilla

Hello together after generated a few maps i have a problem and need a solution, i have a massive owerspawn from gas_station and dont know why
Here you can see, other buildings spawning to but this little creepy building has a Inferiority complex
https://prnt.sc/ugvabo

Best regards from Hannover Germany

On 9/14/2020 at 9:36 AM, midnick said:

Hello together after generated a few maps i have a problem and need a solution, i have a massive owerspawn from gas_station and dont know why
Here you can see, other buildings spawning to but this little creepy building has a Inferiority complex
https://prnt.sc/ugvabo

Best regards from Hannover Germany

I just check my latest 8k-map and i find 203 gas_stations. However, you also have to consider that there are 9 different gas stations. This is how the high number should come about.

(Ich habe in meiner letzten 8K-Karte auch 203 Tankstellen gefunden. Du musst aber bedenken, das es auch 9 verschiedene Tankstellen gibt. So dürfte dieses Überangebot an Tankstellen entstehen. Edit: Ich sehe gerade auf deinem Screenshot, das deine gas_station nur mit 1 und 2 nummeriert sind. Bei mir geht das von 1 bis 9. Seltsam.) Munich over and out. :)

Edited by DX72 (see edit history)