A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

But it's the server that does not have the prefabs. I have been running Compo since they came out and this server for almost 7 years. I never saw these errors in the server log. 

Plus, if the server itself does not know the prefab. How does it know how large it is?

Hi guys!

There are some POI Mods, which I have to put into the MOD folder: LazMan's Remnant_Waste_02 RWG Mod or TelricsMagistersMansionA19

Is Nitrogen using them when I generate a new world,  or are they later build in when I'm starting the game?

Thanks for your support! 🙂

Edited by gwydion62 (see edit history)

10 hours ago, gwydion62 said:

Hi guys!

There are some POI Mods, which I have to put into the MOD folder: LazMan's Remnant_Waste_02 RWG Mod or TelricsMagistersMansionA19

Is Nitrogen using them when I generate a new world,  or are they later build in when I'm starting the game?

Thanks for your support! 🙂

Hi gwydion62

No, nitrogen does not take them into account because you did not add the code to generate them on the map.
I guess they are added when you start the game and enter the world, because they are made mod.

18 hours ago, Abrondino said:

But it's the server that does not have the prefabs. I have been running Compo since they came out and this server for almost 7 years. I never saw these errors in the server log. 

Plus, if the server itself does not know the prefab. How does it know how large it is?

If you're getting those errors the server doesn't see the files in the Prefab folder on the server.

On 7/21/2020 at 12:35 AM, Damocles said:

Not directly. What you can do is edit the resources/prefablist.txt and add the zone "industrial" to a bunch of houses for example.

This will increase the number of houses placed in the industrial "locations", and thus have less of the factories and other industrial/commercial type buildings.

Each city will spawn a certain number of POIs for each zone. So assigning POIs to that zone will change the mix.

You could also add the zonetype "unique" to the factories, which will make them only spawn once per map.

How would you go about adding zone type unique to factories? I know it's under resources/prefablist.txt but I cannot find that anywhere. I can find prefab list under maps I generate but I don't understand how to edit it.1555734150_Screenshot(10).thumb.png.5639b3a5121e60889b3a246701d7b7de.png

2 hours ago, mangotime said:

How would you go about adding zone type unique to factories? I know it's under resources/prefablist.txt but I cannot find that anywhere. I can find prefab list under maps I generate but I don't understand how to edit it.1555734150_Screenshot(10).thumb.png.5639b3a5121e60889b3a246701d7b7de.png

It's in NitroGen. 

NitroGen_WorldGenerator > resources > prefablist.txt

On 8/17/2020 at 6:36 AM, Abrondino said:

HELP! I've got about 8 hours on this and I am unaware why I am seeing so many load errors on prefabs.

Don't want to read? Video of the problem captured here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MDzbOHUpcQ

I am using dedicated server at my location.

Prefabs from compo were copied into: C:\steamcmd\steamapps\7_days_to_die\Data\Prefabs

Does it need to be elsewhere when running a dedicated server?

The map *does* seem to run.

Prefabs from Compo does *not* have a file named "xvanilla_ranger_station1"

2020-08-16_16h38_17.png.0dea56409914c85f312b746455db587c.png

2020-08-16_16h42_44.thumb.png.c6e3d11fbd72364f8feecb16141bb63f.png

I had this problem before on my dedicated server.

This is a server side error. As others already told you, server must have all CompoPack Files (very important) before uploading/running your generated world or else

it will fail for everyone unless you create a world again.  

On 4/24/2019 at 3:39 PM, Damocles said:

The POIs are placed randomly, so there is no way currently to set specific city locations. That could be a feature, using some kind of marker map...

First let me say. THANKS SO MUCH ! What you have done is excellent.

Concerning the above comment:
To place Cities in desired locations...
maybe we can make an xml with cords for the center of the city location that Nitrogen can import like the import_HM.png ?
Any non flat (or high) area would be omitted when placing the city?

<cityposition="-1161,1470" />
<cityposition="7161,1070" />
<cityposition="-352,-5040" />

Also, concerning cities I like to put them in a wasteland because it makes dogs and bears and cops so it becomes a Threat vs High Reward situation...
So an option for cities to be enclosed in a biome of choice drop down could be helpful.

Is there a way you would be able to add these?

(I'd gladly throw you 50$ if so) ;)

I have a question.  In A19 my maps are generating VERY bumpy.  Not hilly but actually bumps.  one block little bumps in terrain.  I tried using the "smoothing" option but i am not sure how this works or if it is even for that.  Any one have any suggestion?

On 8/18/2020 at 3:45 AM, DoomRanger said:

I made a few islands heightmap with ps but when I play it, the water seems to only be about 1 block deep. 

@DoomRanger yea i have been running into that also.  I know in my case i'm sure it has something to do with my using a lake as the target color in painting the water regions into the map.  

Edited by morggin (see edit history)

Hi folks

Does anyone have a Darkness Falls + Compo prefab list to share?

If not, any tips on how to pull the Darkness Falls prefablist from one of the included mod maps and use it to generate a random one in Nitrogen?

I tried copy/pasting one of the mod's prefab lists into a normal txt file and told Nitrogen to target it, but I think the formatting is not right for Nitrogen in the list that comes in the Worlds folders in the DF mod because it would not complete the job.

Thanks,

Hello how to generate a map like the game do

https://gyazo.com/b08b0647df39af2c47f9eae5184a645e

That how the software generate my map i would like to just have snow in north desert in south and on the left burned and right wasteland, cuz there i have wasteland and burned biomes everywhere in the map.

And can we make the map generate less red mesa hospital and everything cuz i have like 5 red mesa in one town with 6 factory 2 skycrapper and thing like this.

On 8/13/2020 at 9:07 PM, AmethystLainey said:

I love Nitrogen alot, is there an easy way to keep the POI list up to date especially right now with all the experimentals?

I'd like to know this too. quoting to keep it fresh in case someone knows.

I hope it's as simple as copying some files from the game files and pasting in nitro#s folder.

A few people may not know how to use NitroGen world generator, and although the exact method on making a map will be up to the individual's preferences. Transferring the map from NitroGen to 7 Days to Die may not be something everyone is familiar with. I made this real quick video, in order to help out.

I wonder if there would be a way in NitroGen to have a drop down menu (or some other means) to alter the size of each 'zone' (industrial, houses, citycenter etc.) like the current menu for 'city size'. I would love to be able to, for instance, make the 'houses' zone bigger, shrink the 'citycenter' zone or whatever. A little more granular control of the city and town 'zones' or 'areas' would be phenomenal. I don't know how much work or how difficult that would be, however. 

Edited by fabulux
clarification (see edit history)