A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

On 7/8/2020 at 7:46 PM, sirwin44 said:

I create a map using NitroGen and using Compo pack, corrected for A19. Some POIs load correctly at first, then glitch out. Is there a fix to this? Pics attached to show what im experiencing.

before.png

after.jpg

Im not using compopack yet, and i am having the same problem with those blocks when playing with my borther on multiplayer (im the host).

Some prefabs (all vanilla) have those "black granite" blocks instead windows, the trash cans are green blocks. My brother see everything fine, just me have the problems.

We dont have that problem on worlds generated by the game itself.

22 hours ago, Hameshy said:

Im not using compopack yet, and i am having the same problem with those blocks when playing with my borther on multiplayer (im the host).

Some prefabs (all vanilla) have those "black granite" blocks instead windows, the trash cans are green blocks. My brother see everything fine, just me have the problems.

I'm having the same issues on a single player world with only vanilla prefabs.

22 hours ago, Hameshy said:

My wife and myself have seen similar issues, both on single play and in multiplayer.  Both without using Nitrogen.

Usually an exit of the game and coming back in clears it up.

Others have reported this in the A19 dev blog as well.

Greetings,

I'm playing A19 EXP right now, and for the first time I have directly compared the vanilla RWG with NitroGen maps. (Before, I just played NitroGen maps right away. :P)

Now, what I have noticed is NitroGen does a very good job at creating the wilderness and landscape look, but somehow seems to fall short creating towns and cities. Towns and cities look way more natural with the vanilla RWG, though I can't really put my finger on it why that is.

It might be due to the road or grid generation in NitroGen. Cities / towns somehow look much better integrated into the landscape with the vanilla RWG.

Is there a way to mimic this in NitroGen when generating a map somehow? Certain settings to look out for?

I tried the various city grid and road settings, but the results are always the same: Cities / towns keep their 'unnatural' look, while the landscape / wilderness looks great.

Hello trying Nitorgen for the first time,

Generated a map, took it from the output map to the genworld map.

Started that world in sp.

As soon i get loaded in the world the console opens and i can not close it anymore.

Am i doing something wrong.

The program is not in the zip file.

Do i have to unpack Nitrogen in a special folder.

20200711170936_1.jpg

4 hours ago, LewZephyr said:

My wife and myself have seen similar issues, both on single play and in multiplayer.  Both without using Nitrogen.

Usually an exit of the game and coming back in clears it up.

Others have reported this in the A19 dev blog as well.

Thank you, its good to know it is a known bug.  :)

Anyone else getting a ton of errors in the server log trying to load up their NitroGen map on b163?

... lots of "Could not load prefab" logs ...
2020-07-11T15:56:51 56.644 WRN Could not load prefab 'ranger_station_06'. Skipping it
2020-07-11T15:56:51 56.646 ERR Prefab loading failed. Prefab 'ranger_station_04' does not exist!
2020-07-11T15:56:51 56.646 WRN Could not load prefab 'ranger_station_04'. Skipping it
2020-07-11T15:56:51 56.654 ERR Prefab loading failed. Prefab 'ranger_station_04' does not exist!
2020-07-11T15:56:51 56.654 WRN Could not load prefab 'ranger_station_04'. Skipping it
2020-07-11T15:56:51 56.827 INF Started thread GenerateChunks
2020-07-11T15:56:52 57.875 INF Loading dtm raw file took 990ms
2020-07-11T15:56:53 58.532 INF Biomes image size w= 8192, h = 8192
2020-07-11T15:56:54 59.413 INF Loading and creating biomes took 1538ms
2020-07-11T15:56:59 64.693 INF Loading and creating shader control textures took 5279ms
2020-07-11T15:57:02 67.554 INF Loading and parsing of generator took 2861ms
2020-07-11T15:57:02 67.748 INF Started thread SaveChunks /home/dactyl/.local/share/7DaysToDie/Saves/Roadchair Bonanza/Roadchair Bonanza/Region
EndOfStreamException: Attempted to read past the end of the stream.
  at PooledBinaryReader.FillBuffer (System.Int32 _numBytes) [0x00030] in <547af08b786b418cbfcf3ef2ec18045a>:0
  at PooledBinaryReader.ReadUInt64 () [0x00000] in <547af08b786b418cbfcf3ef2ec18045a>:0
  at DecoObject.Read (System.IO.BinaryReader _br) [0x00000] in <547af08b786b418cbfcf3ef2ec18045a>:0
  at DecoManager.Read (System.IO.BinaryReader _br, System.Int32 _version) [0x00069] in <547af08b786b418cbfcf3ef2ec18045a>:0
  at DecoManager.load (System.String _filePath) [0x00027] in <547af08b786b418cbfcf3ef2ec18045a>:0
  at DecoManager+<OnWorldLoaded>d__34.MoveNext () [0x00271] in <547af08b786b418cbfcf3ef2ec18045a>:0
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00027] in <316842062a1e4ad6b2fee7b9fe26257b>:0

(Filename: <547af08b786b418cbfcf3ef2ec18045a> Line: 0)

The b163 server works fine on Navesgane, but will never finish initializing on the NitroGen map because of this error.

I generated the map on a previous version of A19 and it was working fine on the dedicated server until I updated to the July 10th update (b163).

Edited by dactyl (see edit history)

Still can't get a Nitrogen map to work on my Gameserver.com dedicated server. Have tried transferring the map after stating a single player game, now have tried running a dedicated server on my side to get it up then transferring files over to the server to boot up. Always getting a out of memory issue.

2020-07-11T16:14:32 65.438 INF World.Load: Mexico
2020-07-11T16:14:32 65.444 WRN Loaded world file from different version: 'Alpha 19 (b157)'
2020-07-11T16:14:32 65.454 INF BloodMoon SetDay: day 7, last day 0, freq 7, range 0
2020-07-11T16:15:00 93.480 INF Started thread GenerateChunks
2020-07-11T16:15:09 102.183 INF Calculating world hashes took 8627 ms (world size 241 MiB)
2020-07-11T16:15:09 102.184 INF Processing world files
OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_ves_icall_array_new_specific(intptr,int)
  at ChunkProviderGenerateWorldFromRaw+<processFiles>d__27.MoveNext () [0x000cc] in <ebed17b6b02a42e29e545a51852d0610>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00027] in <5e1dfb686eb345078a588df96401afcc>:0 

(Filename: <ebed17b6b02a42e29e545a51852d0610> Line: 0)

4 hours ago, [email protected] said:

OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory

It sounds like your server just doesn't have enough memory to run 7 days to die. How much does it have? I have a 8GB one and 7 days to die likes to gobble up like 7GB of that.

Also I'm pretty sure A19 has a memory leak cause I have to restart the server every 24 hours or it will eventually use up all of the memory on the server and break it.

Edited by dactyl (see edit history)

The "phantom blocks" are a bug in the game. This issue appeared already in A18, especially if there where more POIs present (such as with CompoPack)

It also sometimes appears in vanialla RWG worlds in A19.

The reasons is simply, that the distant POI modes (imposters) dont get removed when getting close to the POI.

Its either related to the LOD of distant POIs or their occlusion algorithm.

The issue is something only the game developers can fix in their code.

Exiting and reloading the game will help. Maybe also try to turn off occlusion, and see if it has an effect.

So I have had issues getting this to work, I overwrote the original prefablist and generated and got a Trader no trader found at end of intro quest, so I went back read the thread put back the original prefab list and renamed the compopack to Custom List, tried to generate and no luck, so I have now copied in compopack to the original prefab list (in addition to) and am trying that.... anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I'm wondering if anyone has run into this.

When running a multiplayer server but only when its a map generated by NitroGen the server will inevitably go into a desync/crash.

Zombies walk in place or just simply don't move.

Players can't loot anything (all containers are unable to be opened).

Players see each other as running in place and can see other players but can't move themselves.

If you disconnect you are incapable of rejoining, but everyone already in is already technically still in until i shut off the server (though unable to really do anything).

If i want to close the server, it won't close until i kill it in the task manager.

I've run the base map, 2 random generated maps (using the world's generation).
And 2 maps using NitroGen + CompoPack

Only the Nitrogen maps have this inevitable crash; i've done 50+ days on all the non-nitrogen maps, and usually by day 5 it will happen anywhere from once a day to every 10 minutes (real time) on the NitroGen ones.

I can't find anything of note in the server log; and the server doesn't really give any errors during this time.

We've been unable to really find any solid connection between this beyond NitroGen; and i'm not even sure its nitrogen/compopack specifically, I almost feel like its exaggerating some already existing bug in the game. The worst part is i can't find ANY information regarding this.

Also this has happened in both A18 and A19

Edited by Arcueid_Brunestud (see edit history)

CompoPack ist not yet released for A19.

The linked prefablist, is a workaround for A18 CompoPack to load in a A19, but dont consider this a tested A19 CompoPack release. Its more for tinkering around.

A19 seems to be even more memory consuming on A19. So also test if smaller maps (6k, 4k) work on the server.

NitroGen can add a lot more POIs to the map (you can turn it down of course also). At one point the servers might not be able to handle it anymore.

On 7/12/2020 at 12:37 PM, Damocles said:

The "phantom blocks" are a bug in the game. This issue appeared already in A18, especially if there where more POIs present (such as with CompoPack)

It also sometimes appears in vanialla RWG worlds in A19.

The reasons is simply, that the distant POI modes (imposters) dont get removed when getting close to the POI.

Its either related to the LOD of distant POIs or their occlusion algorithm.

The issue is something only the game developers can fix in their code.

Exiting and reloading the game will help. Maybe also try to turn off occlusion, and see if it has an effect.

Thanks, turning off occlusion helped me. It costs some fps but its better than to reload everytime. 

I had never this issue in A18 or before.

Edited by rivle (see edit history)

On 7/11/2020 at 12:18 PM, Jugom said:

Those having blocks over blocks glitches. Did you wipe all your old data? That's usually the problem. Also, relogging is a quick fix to it every time it happens.

Was a fresh clean install, lost my previous HD 😪

2 hours ago, ssrjazz said:

Has Nitrogen been updated (or does it even need to be) to support the latest a19 build that came out last week?  If it does need to be updated, any ETA?

Hi ssrjazz

It is updated to work with A19 Experimental, Nitrogen is in the experimental phase too, I have used it and no problem, it works well with A19 b163.

Found that the "phantom blocks" only appear when i host with my brother. 

Everything is normal to him and if im in single player it is fine too.

But when i host, some buildings have that strange block. 

Turning off occlusion didnt helped and that doesnt happen on vanilla generated maps.

Ok, I am sure I am missing something simple, but I just can't figure this out on my own and I am hoping someone can help.  Before I got my new computer I had no problems downloading and using Nitrogen.  Now however, every time I try to run it it tells me I need Java. I have Java. I have the latest version of Java. Not only have I checked with the Java updater, I'd know I had Java because I also run Minecraft which relies on Java. I don't know what else to do to get nitrogen running. Has anyone else had this issue or know what to do to fix it?

Update. Found out what was wrong.  It seems the regular download was not 64 bit. I had to download the windows 64bit offline version. Once I did this it opened right up.

Edited by myschyef
update (see edit history)

16 hours ago, Hameshy said:

Found that the "phantom blocks" only appear when i host with my brother. 

Everything is normal to him and if im in single player it is fine too.

But when i host, some buildings have that strange block. 

Turning off occlusion didnt helped and that doesnt happen on vanilla generated maps.

I got pregen03 on my server and it happens to me too not always.

Did not have that before experimental.

And relog is the only solution for now it seems.

Hubby and I used to get PHANTOM granite blocks glitches on our older, slower computers. After we both updated everything 6 months ago the problem went away. So it has something to do with the game taxing your hardware too much and it has been around for a while. Not sure exactly what causes it. But too many POIs certainly was a contributor as it would happen pretty much right away on very town/city dense maps while on more moderate maps you might be fine for hours.

Edited by Izuela (see edit history)