A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

Read the part in the OP about setting up dedicated servers. Should work fine.

As per my previous post, I've read and followed the original post with the included guides on dedicated servers. I have searched this thread for any help on the "Starting Game..." issue, but all I can find are unhelpful forum posts about registry editing that have nothing to do with Nitrogen maps. If anyone has any useful input please let me know, as I am out of options.

Console startup log: https://pastebin.com/JLXtkDEj

serverconfig.xml: https://pastebin.com/vck9GfiM

The issue:

p.png.1e59f2cd821d592d776be9b57a1ce498.png

I didn't think Nitrogen would make a 2k map. Have you tried a 4k or bigger?

I have tried 16k, 8k, 4k and currently 2k. The size of the map is kept low to reduce the trouble shooting time. I’ve uploaded well over a dozen different Nitrogen maps.

I have tried 16k, 8k, 4k and currently 2k. The size of the map is kept low to reduce the trouble shooting time. I’ve uploaded well over a dozen different Nitrogen maps.

I generated a 2K map with Nitrogen and when I went to the game it was a 4k map. currently playing that world.

This string does work, but the footprint is massive; it might not be spawning for you if there is not enough flat space? Check the prefablist in the generated world folder; it'll list any that spawned. My current world is Mostly Flat, Very Flat, several of them spawned.

Thanks for that!

That was the problem. Once i set the map type to flat it started generating for me as well. Thank you.

Hey. Some Nitrogen questions....

1) If I use my own heightmap import_HM.png - Am I limited to an 8-bit image and thus maximum elevation range of 256 metres ? As this compresses real mountainous regions to look very "flat".. Am trying to do a 16km square of Innsbruck, Austria at 1:1 scale on a 16k map - with the difference in elevation of ~600m in the valley to ~2200m at the peak, it looks flat and weird in the game. (unless I go to 1:4 scale and use 16km of real data on a 4k map), then it starts to look realistic.

2) Can I load my own biomes.png for Nitrogen to use ? or Can I replace the biomes.png after Nitrogen has generated ? I want to set each biome myself to suit the terrain, as by default Nitrogen appears to only create Forest and Winter areas using imported height maps.

3) How do I get radiation zone to work in a Nitrogen map ? Do I need to just create the 1/16th resolution radiation.png or is there xml I need to edit as well ?

I generated a 2K map with Nitrogen and when I went to the game it was a 4k map. currently playing that world.

Nitrogen will over ride any settings lower than 4K. You tell it 2K, and it will over ride it and make 4K.

Hey, Damocles! Is it possible for you to remove the minimum map size limit so we can make smaller maps? I know it might cause problems in the map, but inquiring minds want to play....

1) If I use my own heightmap import_HM.png - Am I limited to an 8-bit image and thus maximum elevation range of 256 metres ? As this compresses real mountainous regions to look very "flat".. Am trying to do a 16km square of Innsbruck, Austria at 1:1 scale on a 16k map - with the difference in elevation of ~600m in the valley to ~2200m at the peak, it looks flat and weird in the game. (unless I go to 1:4 scale and use 16km of real data on a 4k map), then it starts to look realistic.

2) Can I load my own biomes.png for Nitrogen to use ? or Can I replace the biomes.png after Nitrogen has generated ? I want to set each biome myself to suit the terrain, as by default Nitrogen appears to only create Forest and Winter areas using imported height maps.

3) How do I get radiation zone to work in a Nitrogen map ? Do I need to just create the 1/16th resolution radiation.png or is there xml I need to edit as well ?

I use the following.. I capture/grab I use the following.. I capture/grab 24km area from http://terrain.party/ that is used for nitrogen 8km maps if the area has varied terrain or 32km grab/capture for a 10km map after that size the map looks to flat if using terrain.party I would not use 1:1 ratio unless you hand draw your own height map,best ratio is 3:1

http://www.mediafire.com/file/w8k56e...nest1.rar/file

Nice area for a cobblestone castle 1km or so west of town...Austria–Germany border nice mountains etc

Edited by pieman (see edit history)

you can edit the Biomes file in any decent Image editing software (I use gimp)

the Radiation file will be automatically generated. I believe you can edit that file too if you want.

It's probably nothing, but could we get an update to get rid of the warning about a wrong world header (a18 b139) in the logs?

I'm having trouble generating with a custom heightmap. Nitrogen finishes and creates the files, the server loads them up fine, but there's always

2020-04-15T15:30:50 433.722 ERR Exception in thread GenerateChunks:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

and the map is unplayable after creating a world from it, the player becomes stuck. I also can't get any radiation zones to work, the whole map border is always a unrendered map. I never had a problem when generating maps last year, and nitrogen without a heightmap works fine. I am at a loss here.

Update:

it somehow seems to be related to the biomes file. if i don't provide one,m everything is fine. If i use my own one, passed through the biomefixer without errors, it goes bonkers.

Edited by ecv (see edit history)

It's probably nothing, but could we get an update to get rid of the warning about a wrong world header (a18 b139) in the logs?

I'm having trouble generating with a custom heightmap. Nitrogen finishes and creates the files, the server loads them up fine, but there's always

2020-04-15T15:30:50 433.722 ERR Exception in thread GenerateChunks:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

and the map is unplayable after creating a world from it, the player becomes stuck. I also can't get any radiation zones to work, the whole map border is always a unrendered map. I never had a problem when generating maps last year, and nitrogen without a heightmap works fine. I am at a loss here.

create an 8k Map in nitrogen select generate new in height map options..from that map folder copy the radiation.png and keep it for all your 8k maps that you

generate using import_HM ..put the radiation.png in to any 8k map folder that you copy over in to the game folders, in Nitrogen the first 6 options under terrain

have no effect when importing a height map..when the game loads up the map the radiation +biomes will be included..dont forget to adjust the radiation.png depending on map size..

create an 8k Map in nitrogen select generate new in height map options..from that map folder copy the radiation.png and keep it for all your 8k maps that you

generate using import_HM ..put the radiation.png in to any 8k map folder that you copy over in to the game folders, in Nitrogen the first 6 options under terrain

have no effect when importing a height map..when the game loads up the map the radiation +biomes will be included..dont forget to adjust the radiation.png depending on map size..

That seemed to have worked just fine. Thanks for your reply.

update: fixed it by manually adding waterspawners!

I'm left with a curiosity though.

no matter what I do, there's always a few glitches in the map with trees growing in the ocean and then a path to them walled with water. Looks like Moses training Parcour

terrain in the heightmap shows nothing in those areas. Any idea how to get rid of those? Or how they happen in the first place?

glitches.png.ffcf8c8abfd64353ac15ecbe3969212d.png

Edited by ecv (see edit history)

That seemed to have worked just fine. Thanks for your reply.

update: fixed it by manually adding waterspawners!

I'm left with a curiosity though.

no matter what I do, there's always a few glitches in the map with trees growing in the ocean and then a path to them walled with water. Looks like Moses training Parcour

terrain in the heightmap shows nothing in those areas. Any idea how to get rid of those? Or how they happen in the first place?

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tglitches.png Views:\t0 Size:\t110.0 KB ID:\t1727322","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"1727322","data-size":"full","title":"glitches.png"}[/ATTACH]

In import_HM using paint.net look around the black areas and make sure there are no grey pixels even the slightest one..black areas of water should be

totally black in import_HM..

a single pixel just of the coast will show up as land/shallow water with a chance of a tree on it..the land/grey pixel will try to join up a row of trees all the way to another pixel that's the same.. lower chance of this keep water height at 33 in the config ..

Still trying to figure out how to remove most of the craters, without any luck.

The upside is, that the worlds I seem to generate concentrate all the craters to the middle of the map, effectively barring me from exploring approximately 1/9 of the map until late game (as I am using this in Darkness Falls).

Additionally, since this is my first time using Nitro, I have yet to discover how to add the DF POI's, unfortunate, but for flavor I did add the CP 43.

Hello.

I have some questions.

I've been using NitroGen for a while by now, but in the last few weeks ive noticed that 8k maps are causing, I could say, a memory leek on the game (server and client)

When i run the server with a 8k map generated with Nitrogen, the ram consumption bloats up to 24Gb before crashing everything.

This affects all the players connected to the game, also if I run the client on the same computer (which I've done for years by now bit crappier computers) the client also consumes all the available RAM

But

When i run the server with a 8k map generated with the 7D2D client, the server and client run smoothly at 3.5~4.5Gb.

Is there something different in the file format between Nitrogen and 7D2D client when generating the maps? or am I missing an option on the NG application when generating the maps?

Edit:

Ok. I've done some tests on my computer.

I've created 3 8km maps.

1a map was generated in game

1b map was generated with nitrogen executed with the 8gb bat file

1c map was generated with nitrogen regular exe file

1a - Ram consumption until i reached the trader 7.5Gb on average

1b - Ram consumption until i reached the trader 8.5Gb on average

1c - Ram consumption until i reached the trader 10.3Gb on average

Both nitrogen maps were generated with the same settings, just started the app from different files.

All the test were executed with the same client, with the same settings.

Alpha 18.4(b4) (installed on SSD)

Ryzen 7 3700x

RTX2080Super

32Gb Ram

Win pro 1909

For what i see, the IS something in the map files.

With a little time, ill compare the file properties (ppp, file format version, etc)

If someone else has the same issue and had found a solution, please let me know.

Edited by Pedrustr2085 (see edit history)

The client has a memory leak, but the server as far as I know does not. I'm currently running a 12K map, and it runs 24/7, day after day, with no memory issues. If your 8K map is using 24GB and then crashing on the server, you probably have a bad map. I've been running 7D2D servers for years, and Nitrogen maps for a long time, and I've never seen a memory leak on the server. OTOH, like I said the client has a memory leak and has since A16 or A17.

First time poster here. Just playing the game since a few weeks and found this awesome tool to generate maps, however it gives me a weird bug and I couldnt find any information about it.

Hope someone here knows a solution.

So when I start a game on a newly generated map by nitrogen everything works fine. Then I start playing and finisihing the initial surviving quest. As soon as I place the campfire, I get the nullreferenceexception error in the console displayed forever.

I realized that its because the last part of the survival quest starts where I have to find the trader. The trader seems to not exist as the quest shows that the trader is 0.0m away from me.

I thought that its because no trader was generated (setting was "many" though), so I checked the prefabs.xml but it shows many traders and also the preview of the map shows them.

Anyone has an idea how to fix this? Tried 5 different maps so far and all gave me the same bug. Dont have the problem with maps generated without nitrogen

I am also getting this error after generating a new map. I'm not using any re-used saves or mods. Any ideas?

hi i am having problems generating a new map since in dl the compopack. i get the following error:

Current working directory: C:\Users\user-pc\Desktop

(please check if this is valid)

Could find resources, working directory seems to be set wrong. Please check the installation loaction.

save initial state .......................C:\Users\user-pc\Desktop/resources/configUI.txt

wrong working directory, generation aborted

im not much good at working out what i have done wrong so would appreciate some help please.

• SylenThunder changed the title to A19e Nitrogen - a Random World Generator for 7DTD
  • SylenThunder changed the title to A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE
  • SylenThunder locked this topic