A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

HEY guys HELP!

I have prepared height map and biomes.png - but Nitrogen generate own biomes.png always - how to force Nitrogen to use my biomes.png togeder with heightmap and mask to generate the map file?

Can anyone help me?

you can just replace the Biomes file for your own and then when loading the world it will use your Biomes.

@Jeraal It is a very time consuming project but not too difficult. First you have to use Pille Prefab editor here https://forums.7daystodie.com/forum/...b-editor-alpha to convert the A17 WOTW blocks to A18. There are instructions on how to do that in his thread on page 75, 76, or 77 don't remember exactly which. Then you have to add them all to the prefab list you use to build your worlds. I can explain that better once you get the first part done.

Edited by Astralweaver (see edit history)

@Jeraal It is a very time consuming project but not too difficult. First you have to use Pille Prefab editor here https://forums.7daystodie.com/forum/...b-editor-alpha to convert the A17 WOTW blocks to A18. There are instructions on how to do that in his thread on page 75, 76, or 77 don't remember exactly which. Then you have to add them all to the prefab list you use to build your worlds. I can explain that better once you get the first part done.

WotW is in beta for A18 now. Still has plenty of bugs, but when it's ready I definitely want to use NitroGen.

Hello!

Just started using Nitrogen (and Prefab 43) yesterday, and am really enjoying it!

I do have one questions, though: The Store Shelves container is used pretty extensively in the new prefabs, but is always empty. Is that intended?

Thanks!

@Jeraal There is a prefablist in the resource folder that comes with Nitrogen its a simple text file. You will need to look up values on all the WOTW prefabs in the prefab editor in 7D2D.

--------------This is the Vanilla Location - It is where places spawn when using Vanilla map generator.

---------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^----------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^-----------------------------------------------------------------------

dwalls_Store_Class,Commercial;Downtown;Industrial, 0,0,32,14,27,industrial < The last place here is where the prefab will spawn in Nitrogen. There are a list  ----^^^--------------------------------------------------^^^^^^^--------------of  places in the Nitrogen prefab list That you can place them to spawn much ----^^^--------------------------------------------------^^^^^^^-------------like the vanilla list in the first part. Be sure the , and ; are placed correctly.

----^^^--------------------------------------------------^^^^^^^

This is the name of the prefab. -------------------------^^^^^^^<<-The first zero is the rotation to face north.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------The second zero is the Y offset, you will have to look up these

---------------------------------------------------------------------------numbers in the prefab xml file when filling out the prefab list.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------The next 3 numbers are the X,Y,Z numbers and can be found

---------------------------------------------------------------------------When the prefab is loaded in the game prefab editor. They are

----------------------------------------------------------------------------the 3 numbers in the upper right when esc key is active.

You will have to go through all the prefabs in WOTW and put the information in Nitrogen prefablist. I just use the vanilla list for mine but it is customizable. Make sure all the WOTW prefabs are in the vanilla prefab directory. I am sure there are other ways to probably do this but this is how I did it and they spawn in Nitrogen no problem.

Edited by Astralweaver
The new forums messed up my placement descriptions. (see edit history)

HEY guys HELP!

I have prepared height map and biomes.png - but Nitrogen generate own biomes.png always - how to force Nitrogen to use my biomes.png togeder with heightmap and mask to generate the map file?

Can anyone help me?

I have the same question and can't find it out. So if someone shows us the right solution, I would be very grateful. :)

Choose the import-hm+mask option.

That means I have to draw the biomes in the mask.png? Or how are the biomes taken over?

I have created a biomes.png, mask.png and import_hm.png. However, I do not know how the biomes in the generation of Nitrogen considered.

EDIT: Ran the .bat file instead and it seems to be working now.

Hey all, first time user and I am receiving this error when I try to generate any type of map.

Current working directory: C:\Windows\System32

(please check if this is valid)

Could find resources, working directory seems to be set wrong. Please check the installation loaction.

save initial state .......................C:\Windows\System32/resources/configUI.txt

changed landscape

wrong working directory, generation aborted

wrong working directory, generation aborted

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Edited by Sir. AAK625 (see edit history)

How did you preview your map with the biomes?

After generated biomes stay white for hills, I edited my own biomes add desert & burned & wasteland then save file biomes1.png because automatic self overwrite when start generated delete biomes.png & rename from biomes1.png to biomes.png while generate world stopped overwrite file.

I have the same question and can't find it out. So if someone shows us the right solution, I would be very grateful. :)

Ah the biomes I was having same problems and it was having strange effects on my maps..when i made my own biomes..I use paint.net and please make sure antialiasing is off, there can be no half desert /snow pixels or any mix or overlay of color palettes the borders have to be exact not smeared smudged ..and no opacity..but if you follow all instructions and your custom made biome still causes problems ..use Biomefixer it is in tools folder.

After generated biomes stay white for hills, I edited my own biomes add desert & burned & wasteland then save file biomes1.png because automatic self overwrite when start generated delete biomes.png & rename from biomes1.png to biomes.png while generate world stopped overwrite file.

Okay, but how did you generate your preview with your biomes?

Generate and change biomes.png was not my question. :3 Thats what i also did and works ingame. But i want to show the complete map my other people from our little project. :)

If i want to use Compopack 42 do i have to replace configUI.txt and prefablist.txt in NitroGen_WorldGenerator with those 2 files from the COMPOPACK-42 Nitrogen-files folder.

The same question with CompoPack-43.

Thanx for an fantastic program.

When will it be updated to alpha 18.4.

having issue with trees growing thru the prefabs causing some of them to collapse i made a new map and deleted dtm processed file before anyone logged into game but i still have trees and after server restart dtm splat3 and splat4 processed files are back... any help would be great TY

having issue with trees growing thru the prefabs causing some of them to collapse i made a new map and deleted dtm processed file before anyone logged into game but i still have trees and after server restart dtm splat3 and splat4 processed files are back... any help would be great TY

Are the prefabs installed on the server and client? If not, this error can occur.

Okay, but how did you generate your preview with your biomes?

Generate and change biomes.png was not my question. :3 Thats what i also did and works ingame. But i want to show the complete map my other people from our little project. :)

Have your biomes.png ready before you generate the map, somewhere outside the working folder. Start generation and watch the text output. When it gets to the point "counting sheep" copy your biomes.png to the working folder, overwriting the one that nitrogen made.

Hey my fellow gamers and 7d2d lovers, trying to get nitrogen to work for the first time, I got it downloaded went to the .exe file and it says I need the 1.8 version of java, then it sends me to the java website. The problem that I'm having is that I updated my java and have the latest version it seems (build 1.8.0_241-b07) and nitrogen still gives me the message I first described (need 1.8 of java). How can I fix this? I've tried installing from different browsers and my windows is telling me I have the latest version.

I really love the Nitrogen the road, the terrain is awesome but I have some problem the way building are use multiple time in the same town, I can have 3 huge church in the same city...

In a map I just generated (using compopack) there is the pastebin and 3 example of building near each other;

https://pastebin.com/F5PQKMNi

<decoration type="model" name="xcostum_ArtGallery(by_Wsiegel)" position="-2665,47,2749" rotation="1" />

<decoration type="model" name="xcostum_ArtGallery(by_Wsiegel)" position="-2560,47,2283" rotation="2" />

<decoration type="model" name="xcostum_NotreDamn_(by_tehkarma)" position="-2061,39,2775" rotation="3" />

<decoration type="model" name="xcostum_NotreDamn_(by_tehkarma)" position="-2061,39,2627" rotation="2" />

<decoration type="model" name="xvanilla_skyscraper_01" position="-2461,47,2079" rotation="2" />

<decoration type="model" name="xvanilla_skyscraper_01" position="-2857,47,2373" rotation="1" />

Is there a way to control how many ''shopping center'' will spawn in the entire map or per town/city...? (doesnt make sense to have 12-15 of them on a 8k map)