A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

Im having the firepit error posted above and Im curious if there was ever a resolve for it , Im trying a 4k right now and my nitro settings are all mega and lots and what not and Im running compo43 the map part works fine its when I place the campfire

Edit, Lowered it to the option below Mega and still the error persists and the Traders are seen in the prefablist of the map so not sure whats happening.

Edit - I don't know if this has an impact either but I created an instance of the game to keep vanilla pure.

Edit - Combined in the vanilla game or not not seeing a difference.

Edited by AmethystLainey (see edit history)

ALSO .. COMPOPACK_43 .. IS .. (for Alpha18.3_built3) .. So personally I'm not sure it will work properly with v0.474 ……. Unless you Do all the conversions needed.

thats not quite right Sir

COMPOPACK43_(for Alpha18.3_built3) was Released when the game was 18.3 (b3) - thats right

but in the 3rd line in the COMPOPACK openingpost it says: (also compatible with all previous Alpha18-versions)

because there was NO block-changes since Alpha18.0 at all (also no prefabchanges, no texturechanges, no rotation or angle-changes, no changes on the vanilla rwgmixer.xml and as far as I know also no changes on RWG or the rwg-generation-engine or anything else that could belong to the CP)

So none of the gamechanges from A18.0 to A18.3(b4) had any impact to the CP !!!

but u are right in this point: Alpha18.3 is more bugged than Alpha18.2(5)

I encountered a few new gfx-glitches and mesh-texture-failures since A18.3, but again: this has nothing to do with the COMPOPACK

What belongs to Nitrogen v0.474 I cant say much, because Iam still using v0.473 and have no problems or Issues

(as u can see on the COMPOPACK43-Examplemap - because this was made with v0.473)

@ Magoli

OK .. I removed the combo comment from my notes .. BUT .. Until v0.474 is updated for A18.3 b4 Stable .. I will remain using Combo 42

NOW .. with that said .. I'm using a map made with v0.474 and Combo 42 _ in a New Game with A 18.3 b4 Stable and So far .. No Issues. Thank goodness.

Have a Great Day … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Damocles,

Thank you very much for putting so much work and care into this amazing map generator. I absolutely love the degree of control it gives me over the map. I really enjoy the added realism of having certain POI separated from cities and towns in a more logical manner. So again I can't thank you enough for creating such a fantastic tool. It's obvious to tell you've put in a lot of time to create Nitrogen and you deserve a great many kudos for it.

Another reason I'm writing is that I had a thought for a possible enhancement: Currently a user selects biomes from a menu, but I would really enjoy being able to select biomes using checkboxes. For example I want to try a map that is wasteland + burned or perhaps wasteland + burned + desert. I'm hoping that implementing this enhancement wouldn't be too difficult. Another idea, which I believe would be more difficult, takes this a step further by allowing the user to select not only which biome(s) they want but also how much of the map is covered by that biome (perhaps by using slider controls similar to the way the user selects the landscape).

I completely understand that you're busy and that you're working on Nitrogen as time permits. I hope you will consider my suggestions, but even if you don't find the time to implement them Nitrogen is still a magnificent program. Honestly it deserves to be integrated into the game, it's just that good.

Thanks for your time!

Edited by GreatWhiteOwl
some spelling mistakes (see edit history)

If anyone wants to try out the settings, here two biomes.xml (rename and overwrite the biomes.xml in 7 Days To Die\Data\Config)

biomes vegeation 4x and 2x

It will spawn trees 2 times or 4 times more often than the default, making the world have more dense forests.

Its for the recent version (Oct 24 2019), DONT USE after the next updates, as it will miss the changes.

Do you have any clue as to remove the code TFP added to reduce trees on hills? Hills look really naked with something like this installed.

Im having the firepit error posted above and Im curious if there was ever a resolve for it , Im trying a 4k right now and my nitro settings are all mega and lots and what not and Im running compo43 the map part works fine its when I place the campfire

Edit, Lowered it to the option below Mega and still the error persists and the Traders are seen in the prefablist of the map so not sure whats happening.

Edit - I don't know if this has an impact either but I created an instance of the game to keep vanilla pure.

Nothing yet. I can say it is not video card related. Had the error last week with a geforce card. Have the error this week with a radeon card. I may test some more. To see if there is some POI setting that will allow the tool to not bork up traders when using Compopack. Like city grid, maybe. Or perhaps I'll wait for the next Nitrogen update to see what happens.

Edited by Izuela (see edit history)

DID You try a straight Vanilla game and did you get an error .. Just wondering and verify your folder files on Steam .. Also what version of 7d2d are you running and what version of Nitrogen … you don't say that I saw

i think i have a problem if i want to make a 8k map and do all the settings and the press genarate . its running the genaration but nothing more the programe give me this as a message :

output directory created

running generation thread

... running terrain generation ...

and it will stay there

and in the exe its says this

output directory created

Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

at java.awt.image.DataBufferByte.<init>(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.image.Raster.createInterleavedRaster(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.<init>(Unknown Source)

at nitrogen.terraingen.c.b(Unknown Source)

at nitrogen.gui.NitroGenUI.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

but nothing will happen after that.

is there that i did somthing wrong or some know how to fix it

thanks ahead

i think i have a problem if i want to make a 8k map and do all the settings and the press genarate . its running the genaration but nothing more the programe give me this as a message :

output directory created

and it will stay there

and in the exe its says this

output directory created

Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

at java.awt.image.DataBufferByte.<init>(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.image.Raster.createInterleavedRaster(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.<init>(Unknown Source)

at nitrogen.terraingen.c.b(Unknown Source)

at nitrogen.gui.NitroGenUI.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

but nothing will happen after that.

is there that i did somthing wrong or some know how to fix it

thanks ahead

Is it possible you have the 32 bit version of Java installed? If so, try the 64 bit version. https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Programs running in a 32 bit Java VM have a lot less memory available.

After realizing that A18 seems to break RWG of 8k maps, I resigned myself to check this out. I initially had looked at it and saw the .exe and .bat and ASSUMED it was a Windows app. But now that I'm reading a bit more carefully, I see this is a JAVA app. Well done. It works terrific on my Mac just by double-clicking the .jar file directly. You may want to modify your first post to better reflect that this will run on ANY Operating System that has JAVA.

Is there any way to run this headless and supply all the options via CLI or a config file? I'm interested in running this directly on a Linux server in conjunction with a server manager to bypass the game's map generation and save myself the hassle of having to upload the generate map files and reconfigure my server.

Well I seem to not get it right. I generated several map before writing this to make sure it was not 1 map the problem.

When I finish generating the map I look the Nitro picture to make sure I like what I did, then I put that folder in the Data/Worlds server, I change the seed and game name (same as the map I created). In game, the winter is not north and desert not south, I have burn and wasteland are which are not on the map picture.

Is there anything I forgot to do? or something I did not understand?

Excuse my English.