but it does throw errors like this on 12k maps occasionally

mask free pixel count: 69089670  blocked: 81905274
... detect biomes ...
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -6
       at nitrogen.a.c.a(Unknown Source)
       at nitrogen.a.c.c(Unknown Source)
       at nitrogen.gui.NitroGenUI.run(Unknown Source)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Total time taken: 0 min 33 sec

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30742[/ATTACH]

at the time it was only using 6.5gb memory

I had this happen, with -1, -6 and -1024, it was a issue with processing the height map in my case, I redid the heightmap and the problem went away, don't know if that will help in your case or not. My machine has 32gb memory in it, but the nitrogen will only use a max of 15gb for generation with a 16k height map. I think in my case it was with the format the heightmap was saved in.

so I was told to edit splat3.png to change the roads as I've been ending up with roads in my surrounding water using a custom height map, but when I load up the splat3.png its just a blank file and my map has roadways all over the place, am I doing something wrong? sry I feel like a total noob asking this, just can't seem to figure out how to edit out the roads I don't want.

You can use the splat SplatFixer tool (tools folder) in Debug mode, to see the splat map.

Then later use it, in normal mode to convert it back to a propper splat map.

The alpha channel is set to fully transparent, thats why you dont see anything.

ah well that makes sense then :), it just wasn't clicking to what it would be. thanks Damocles :)

Another item for the config file, if it is possible to add the min height of where the mnt zone starts so that we can make sure that deep prefabs start there so the are not cut off underground.

With the Manual Landscape sliders can it be made to lock one so that as we move others it takes or adds to ones we want instead of the current unknown choice adjustment.

Edited by Ozzland (see edit history)

couple features i'd like to see added for generating maps from heightmaps:

1) use current biome and current splatmap - that way if you've got your roads setup and biomes drawn out, it can use them in the world generation instead of creating new ones, and apply them to the preview image.

2) roads blocked by the mask.png so that roads don't end up going through your large water sources.

3) being able to select a number of cities / towns instead of 1 or 'few' to spawn in, as even with few on larger maps you can end up with 15 cities spawning across it (it happened earlier)

4) being able to specify locations for poi's like traders and mines via the mask file like cities and towns.

Excellent tool, I think I may have reached for the stars tho :(

Using the latest version and trying for the 1st time using Compo 41 pack I am receiving errors on our server

2019-11-28T16:51:30 49.633 EXC Out of memory

OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory

Steps I have taken,

Install Nitrogen (no issues using it a while now)

Install Compo (prefabs, rwgmixer locally)

Install prefablist (Nitrofolder)

Run Nitro, verify Xcustom POIs are on map in spawnpoint.xml.

Load new map locally works fine.

Upload to server and receive the above error.

Am I missing something? We have played several maps generated by Nitro (previous version) on the server, this is the 1st with Compo pack and the latest Nitrogen)

Full error below.

2019-11-28T17:06:41 49.310 EXC Out of memory

OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_ves_icall_array_new_specific(intptr,int)

at Prefab.readBlockData (System.IO.BinaryReader _br, System.UInt32 _version, System.Int32[] _blockIdMapping) [0x00457] in <e9009e1be0694dd0bfc8d52b4c4539e6>:0

at Prefab.loadBlockData (System.String _directory, System.String _prefabFileName, System.Boolean _applyMapping, System.Boolean _fixChildblocks, System.Boolean _allowMissingBlocks) [0x00078] in <e9009e1be0694dd0bfc8d52b4c4539e6>:0

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

Logger:masterLogException(Exception)

Logger:Exception(Exception)

Log:Exception(Exception)

Prefab:loadBlockData(String, String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)

Prefab:Load(String, String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)

Prefab:Load(String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)

DynamicPrefabDecorator:GetPrefab(String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)

<Load>d__19:MoveNext()

UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

(Filename: <e9009e1be0694dd0bfc8d52b4c4539e6> Line: 0)

2019-11-28T17:06:41 49.311 WRN Could not load prefab 'xcostum_ThemePark(by_stallionsden)'. Skipping it

CompoPack 42 is out:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?28057-Compo-Pack-for-Random-Gen&highlight=nitrogen

You can use the prefablist.txt included in it to have propper POI rotation and alignment for CompoPack 41.

I will soon add it to the normal presets.

(If there are changes / bug fixes, still have a look at updates to CompoPack)

The custom towns where added for CompoPack, so have a look.

(An Asia town and destroyed town for example). You can use them for your own custom settlements too. (Like a small LasVegas or military encampment?)

You can also use Magolis UI-Config, to use the presets he favors for the maps.

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)

Good Day Damocles ..

Question .. Can your " CompoPack 42 " be Added on top of COMPOPACK 40 by Maqolis ? and just let it overwrite any existing files.

I using his right now and not having any issues with it .. other than the normal rotation maybe in the wrong direction, but not on that many.

Just wondering .. the Old Gamer … :02.47-tranquillity:

And as always .. Have Fun and Enjoy

Just trying this out, but I hate java so I had to decide to install java. I'll keep it for now.

Nitrogen.exe doesn't work. Advises java is not installed and opens in my browser the java download page. Not required, but your detection code isn't working.

Double clicking on the jar works and nitrogen opens.

Hi Damocles, could you tell me since the most recent update (v0.472) what has changed that allow for snow to be in main forest biome as shown here, I'd prefer it not to be near desert biome but I do appreciate some crossover in places? https://i.imgur.com/PxaLJ0b.png

Settings, I was thinking that the crossover of biomes comes from Biome option that mixes existing types of forest/desert/snow - https://i.imgur.com/5uGs2aR.png

Also, with the amount of cities you can and how large they are, I tend to see about 20 traders per map on setting Lots. Would it be possible to increase this even further to factor in city/town sizes and number so you could have 2 per city or town?

How can I set the overall terrain height higher than 30m ? when I put a higher number in the config file and adjust other height values too it messes something up and my maps just have alot of water

Like this: https://imgur.com/OgGyCBb

The generated terrain cant be adjusted in height, as the tech behind it is cannot adjust this dynamically.

You can however create a custom terrain and then change the water and base levels in the config.

Dont make the main terrain higher than like 60 though. Should be plenty of room underground then.

Hi Damocles, could you tell me since the most recent update (v0.472) what has changed that allow for snow to be in main forest biome as shown here, I'd prefer it not to be near desert biome but I do appreciate some crossover in places? https://i.imgur.com/PxaLJ0b.png

Settings, I was thinking that the crossover of biomes comes from Biome option that mixes existing types of forest/desert/snow - https://i.imgur.com/5uGs2aR.png

Also, with the amount of cities you can and how large they are, I tend to see about 20 traders per map on setting Lots. Would it be possible to increase this even further to factor in city/town sizes and number so you could have 2 per city or town?

The only things that have changes is that desert and mountains (snow) try not to appear next to each other. Reducing the overlap of snow and desert.

The north/south biomes overwrite the terrain though, adding those biomes to the existing landscape. But this allows to also have larger snow and desert plains then.

I will add a bit more to the trader logic, making an option to spawn one per city. Currently its random, and some cities end up without a trader nearby.

Small update v0.474 :

-CompoPack 42 prefablists is now included

-new landscape style for "flatland", adjustable from completely flat to smaller smooth hills

Adding some small hills will make the world more dynamic. But you can of course have it more flat (better for large basebuilding projects)

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)