A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

Guppy had mentioned this several times, and I literally just read through the entire thread to follow the progress... this is simply AMAZING!

A18 added a lot fo fun gameplay mechanics, but the world generation leaves a lot to be desired.. super bumpy empty hills that are ugly and hard to traverse, and seeing the same pois over and over again.

Its fantastic to see compo pack supported as well, so user crated pois are a thing included easily in map creation.

I've JUST managed to get the gyro in my sp game, and I was looking for a longer playthrough using it and my base, but I'd really rather explore one of these worlds instead of the ugly vanilla ones instead.

A few questions...

Did the cracks only in specific biomes get added? Cracks make sense in wasteland to me, and possibly desert, but not in forest.

I also noticed a LOT of pois missing from earlier vanilla alphas... the big stone needle eye in desert, and the small campgrounds for example. Are those working in this?

When you set a larger font, the fields don't expand to accommodate the width of the text...is there something else I need to change?

(I'm doing this on a 75" 4k hdtv, and the default text size is impossible to read 10 feet away.. at size 24 (or 30) its much easier to read, but at 30 half the text doesn't fit in the field widths, and is cut off.)

Edited by Gareee (see edit history)

Im going to add implementing a 16 bit hightmap.

I can have a look at OBJ. -> But they would have to be really cleanly defined to work. (based on a regular square grid of vertecies)

I cant like implement a polygon hitdetection scanner or some fancy stuff like that.

16Bit heightmap would be super handy as i use world machine and its able to generate some really nice terrain with erosion and other details but they get lost when used to generate a map and just smooth out.

is there also a way to adjust water height as in ocean would be handy to be able to set what level the ocean starts rather than having to make the height map darker to compensate to water level

16Bit heightmap would be super handy as i use world machine and its able to generate some really nice terrain with erosion and other details but they get lost when used to generate a map and just smooth out.

is there also a way to adjust water height as in ocean would be handy to be able to set what level the ocean starts rather than having to make the height map darker to compensate to water level

The water level can be set via the config file.

This works fine already with imported maps, but not so well with the generated map, as this is more specialized to a specific waterlevel.

adjust those two up or down:

TER_WATER_SPAWN_AT = 33

TER_BASE_HIGHT = 35

where base hight must be above the water

Guppy had mentioned this several times, and I literally just read through the entire thread to follow the progress... this is simply AMAZING!

A18 added a lot fo fun gameplay mechanics, but the world generation leaves a lot to be desired.. super bumpy empty hills that are ugly and hard to traverse, and seeing the same pois over and over again.

Its fantastic to see compo pack supported as well, so user crated pois are a thing included easily in map creation.

I've JUST managed to get the gyro in my sp game, and I was looking for a longer playthrough using it and my base, but I'd really rather explore one of these worlds instead of the ugly vanilla ones instead.

A few questions...

Did the cracks only in specific biomes get added? Cracks make sense in wasteland to me, and possibly desert, but not in forest.

I also noticed a LOT of pois missing from earlier vanilla alphas... the big stone needle eye in desert, and the small campgrounds for example. Are those working in this?

When you set a larger font, the fields don't expand to accommodate the width of the text...is there something else I need to change?

(I'm doing this on a 75" 4k hdtv, and the default text size is impossible to read 10 feet away.. at size 24 (or 30) its much easier to read, but at 30 half the text doesn't fit in the field widths, and is cut off.)

I will add biome detection for blocking POIs in the next update. I can see about cracks later also.

I think the small camps are gone? If not, just tell be the prefabname, (there are thumnails in the 7DtD prefabs folder) so I can add it in. I can theoretically spawn anything in that exists in the current Navezgane.

Some POIs need a specific terrain shape or dont make sense without a specifc location, so I left them out.

Cool. I'll have to see if they just deleted them, or if they still exist. The campsites weren't anything special but if you spawned in the woods they had some great starter resources to begin with, and it broke up woodlands with nothing to discover.

I managed to set font size 16 and its usable, but I still have to stand a few feet from the tv.

Question: I downloaded compo pack 40 and its prefab list.. the dropdown liss vanilla, compo 39 and custom... to I rename the compo40 prefab list to custom to get it to be recognised?

THIS was the rwg improvements I was hoping to see in a18. Once bridges can be put in place to cross rivers, other than adding new prefab groups for generation this is gold shippable IMHO.

TFP should offer a buyout or hire you to fold this into the release as a standalone enhanced world gen tool. (The same should probably be said of Compo pack as well... both pretty much complete the user created add on content TFP isn't officially adding till after gold.. and that could still be 2 years away.

The only concern I could see them having is assuring quest pois spawn both close enough and in sufficient quantity for traders to offer quests.

In earlier builds, I watched Guppy's video and there were a lot of tall flat round hills with individual pois on them somewhat unrealistic to get to.. was this ever resolved?

New version online v0.464

-tooltips (probably with lots of typos)

-mask blocks roads from appearing in masked area

-option: wasteland and burned forest block POI spawns (craters dont have POIs and roads then)

-road condition (pavement cracks), from pristine to really broken up

-reset UI selections to defaults

-preview optionally stored in subfolder (for servers to avoid transmitting it to clients) ... should work according to Alloc, please test

The water level can be set via the config file.

This works fine already with imported maps, but not so well with the generated map, as this is more specialized to a specific waterlevel.

adjust those two up or down:

TER_WATER_SPAWN_AT = 33

TER_BASE_HIGHT = 35

where base hight must be above the water

Ah i did not know that haha would be epic to have that as a GUI setting but thanks for the info that will help greatly

New version online v0.464

-tooltips (probably with lots of typos)

-option: wasteland and burned forest block POI spawns (craters dont have POIs and roads then)

-road condition (pavement cracks), from pristine to really broken up

-reset UI selections to defaults

-preview optionally stored in subfolder (for servers to avoid transmitting it to clients) ... should work according to Alloc, please test

44pjfu5.jpg

Testedt newest version still have a road going through the mask but not as many as there was before

44pjfu5.jpg

Testedt newest version still have a road going through the mask but not as many as there was before

Did you mask off the area between those two islands?

Could also be that the mask was not loaded.

Else, maybe you can upload the Hightmap and mask somewhere (link via PM), so I can simulate that.

You can flatten the terrain within the island so it compresses better.

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)

Observation: It might be an interesting option to only have destroyed pois in the craters as well as having them vacant. So you could see a wasteland crater populated by only burned out houses.

Not sure if thats desirable or even possible.

I just did an 8k test map in the new version and it only took 2.2 minutes. AMAZING!

I used your link to get Java but when I start Nitro it says it can't detect it? I re-downloaded java a few times and I still get the same thing. Any help?

dont click the download button in java look for a all java download link on left side of screen then download the windows offline 64 bit one. i did the first time and it auto downloads the 32 bit one so yeh go to the all java download section

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

dont click the download butting in jave look for a all java download link on left side of screen then download the windows offline 64 bit one. i did the first time and it auto downloads the 32 bit one so yeh go to the all java download section

Ok, thanks.

AM9BwRs.jpg

ECtQx4s.jpg

Still getting roads generating in the ocean this is bad as it cuts through the water making things look well weird to say the least can we possabily have it so that roads are generated through the mask and not generate in areas where there not ment to

How do you do this masking exactly ? Wondering to know if i could make maps much faster then manually tweaking literally everything.

Removing the roads in the water would be pretty easy manually by editing the splat3.png afterwards.

Edit: Ah i see a mask.png, that should it be :-)

Edited by Sam_Neill (see edit history)

I have a ummmmm friend who isn’t so smart. Can someone give me, I mean my friend, instructions on how to get the compopack to work with nitrogen?

If I'm not mistaken, download compopack 39, and follow it's instructions to install it. Then select the compo 39 in the upper run drop-down for the poi list, and generate the world. Done.

I have a ummmmm friend who isn’t so smart. Can someone give me, I mean my friend, instructions on how to get the compopack to work with nitrogen?

Go to actual compo pack thread dl mod then copy compo pack prefabs into games prefabs folder.

Then simply dl nitrogen then dl prefablist for compo pack 40.

Then open up resources and either replace the nitrogen prefablist.txt with the dl cp40 and rename the cp40 one to prefablist.txt. or name the dl cp40 what ever you like and when you run nitrogen.exe on the right hand side select that renamed one in the drop down.

Then simply go thru the fields and select what type a world you want etc and generate.

How do you do this masking exactly ? Wondering to know if i could make maps much faster then manually tweaking literally everything.

Removing the roads in the water would be pretty easy manually by editing the splat3.png afterwards.

Edit: Ah i see a mask.png, that should it be :-)

It's a little.more complex than editing the splat yeah that removes the road texture but wont fill in the water void left by the road generation.

Hi. I too can't figure how to get the compopack to work. If you understand the install instructions would u mind explaining it to me in simple terms. lol. Thanks.

The only difference to the vanilla game is, that the prefabs (starting with xcostum_) in CompoPack (in the data/Prefabs/ folder) must be copied into the 7DtD prefabs folder. (mine is under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Prefabs)

Once they are in, the game can load them.

Then just make a world with nitrogen using a CompoPack prefabslists, and start the world as usual.

Damocles got another little idea is it possable for us custom mappers to have a setting to import our own biome data while doing the generating

for example have import_HM.png + Mask.png + Biomes.png this would be a good thing for custom height maps to be able to get the building generation correct as Some POIs only spawn in snow biome so when changing biome data this makes POIs that are not for snow look abit odd if they have none snow trees. in a snow environment.

• SylenThunder changed the title to A19e Nitrogen - a Random World Generator for 7DTD
  • SylenThunder changed the title to A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE
  • SylenThunder locked this topic