A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

Its should spawn most of them. I dont know if any dimensions changed.

In the first page there is an archive linked with prefablists (CompoPack 40), recently updated by MelT

Prefablists (Ravenhearst, Darkness Falls, CompoPack) by other users (MelT, Xylvier):

All prefab lists in a single file (latest versions)

https://github.com/NickPhaedra/7-Days-to-Die-NitroGen-Prefab-Lists/archive/Prefablists.zip

To test out how everything works, you can generate the OCD scenario, and fly around.

It spawns all POIs that are referenced in a nice row.

Hi,

I had an Question.

I use an dedicated Server. I generated am Map that works fine.

So now we decidet to make an NEw larger Map. I generate it via Nitrogen.

I copied it in the saves Folder.

Then i change it in the Server Config.

I rename the GameWorls to the New Map Name. Start the Server new and i had an New Player but on the old Map?

I deleted all Files from the Saves Folder but the old Map still exist?

What can i do?

thx for an Answer

Just used NitroGen for 18.1 again. Still think it would be cool if you would put the additional files that the game doesn't read in a subfolder of the output folder (like "previews" or something like that) as that would not make clients download those files without any work put on the server admins. Pretty sure a lot of people forget to remove them first (or don't know which ones they can delete) and thus cause additional download time for clients connecting the first time :)

Other than that still a great tool, wonder when I'll run into the first crack.

On the worlds itself:

- Maybe it would be a nice addition to have an option to restrict cracks to desert/wastelands, as I don't feel like cracks in a forest environment are any kind of realistic (yeah, in a zombie game ... ;) )

- I'd like an option for the world to be randomly rotated, i.e. north/south for desert/snow is cool, but if the whole thing was rotated randomly later on you would at least not always immediately know where to go for those biomes

CompoPack 40 prefablist.xml

I see that Nitrogen is now packaged with a Prefab list for CompoPack 39. Will this also work with CompoPack 40, or is there an update to the list coming soon?

Here is an updated list I made for CompoPack40:

[ATTACH]30531[/ATTACH]

All the "Asian" buildings are spawning in their own city so, if you don't like that, you've to change it.

Has anyone used this tool yet with 18.1 stable build 7? I just found out about this tool this morning and it looks great! I had generated a couple maps in Vanilla last night and they both looked like crap!

Yes, works great!

@Damocles

Works great as always!

Would be nice to have a drop down list for different settings like you did for the prefab lists.

Do you think you'll add that at some point?

Thx again for your greaat work!

prefablist.txt

Edited by Mjoelnir.hh (see edit history)

How do i know if Nitrogen is generating a map for me? i press generate world but the console underneath doesnt seem to do anything other than output the radiation map.

(Edit: 4k maps seem to generate, but the default 8k just doesnt for some reason)

Would look like this in the console:

Warning, maps above 8k are just experimental ! They will take very long to generate, and might require higher memory allocation.
set prefablists to I:\7d2d\NitroGen_WorldGenerator/resources/prefablist.txt
creating output directory: NitroGenMap  I:\7d2d\NitroGen_WorldGenerator\output\NitroGenMap
output directory created
running generation thread
... running terrain generation ...
image saved: I:\7d2d\NitroGen_WorldGenerator/output/NitroGenMap/radiation.png  102 ms
place: 57 flat ,  24 rough,  37 desert, 26  mountains
exporting (1/3)
exporting (2/3)
image saved: I:\7d2d\NitroGen_WorldGenerator/output/NitroGenMap/genHM.png  6904 ms
exporting (3/3)
image saved: I:\7d2d\NitroGen_WorldGenerator/output/NitroGenMap/biomes.png  4191 ms
... terrain generation ... DONE ...
... running world mapping ...
gen custom settlements custom_town_size_15
(1/151)
(2/151)
(3/151)
(4/151)
(5/151)
(6/151)
(142/151)
(143/151)
(144/151)
(145/151)
(146/151)
(147/151)
(148/151)
(149/151)
(150/151)
(151/151)
exporting (1/3)
exporting (2/3)
I:\7d2d\NitroGen_WorldGenerator/output/NitroGenMap/biomes.png not TYPE_INT_RGB, copy type 6 -> 1
exporting (3/3)
... world mapping ... DONE ...

FINISHED GENERATING NEW WORLD
Total time taken: 3 min 41 sec

I had the same issue when I used Prefabs with the UNIQUE entry in the prefabslist.xml.

After removing it, every map size was possible to generate.

Edited by Mjoelnir.hh (see edit history)

Would look like this in the console:

Warning, maps above 8k are just experimental ! They will take very long to generate, and might require higher memory allocation.
set prefablists to I:\7d2d\NitroGen_WorldGenerator/resources/prefablist.txt
creating output directory: NitroGenMap  I:\7d2d\NitroGen_WorldGenerator\output\NitroGenMap
output directory created
running generation thread
... running terrain generation ...
image saved: I:\7d2d\NitroGen_WorldGenerator/output/NitroGenMap/radiation.png  102 ms
place: 57 flat ,  24 rough,  37 desert, 26  mountains
exporting (1/3)
exporting (2/3)
image saved: I:\7d2d\NitroGen_WorldGenerator/output/NitroGenMap/genHM.png  6904 ms
exporting (3/3)
image saved: I:\7d2d\NitroGen_WorldGenerator/output/NitroGenMap/biomes.png  4191 ms
... terrain generation ... DONE ...
... running world mapping ...
gen custom settlements custom_town_size_15
(1/151)
(2/151)
(3/151)
(4/151)
(5/151)
(6/151)
(142/151)
(143/151)
(144/151)
(145/151)
(146/151)
(147/151)
(148/151)
(149/151)
(150/151)
(151/151)
exporting (1/3)
exporting (2/3)
I:\7d2d\NitroGen_WorldGenerator/output/NitroGenMap/biomes.png not TYPE_INT_RGB, copy type 6 -> 1
exporting (3/3)
... world mapping ... DONE ...

FINISHED GENERATING NEW WORLD
Total time taken: 3 min 41 sec

I had the same issue when I used Prefabs with the UNIQUE entry in the prefabslist.xml.

After removing it, every map size was possible to generate.

I believe ive fixed my problem, i installed 64bit java and i was able to successfully gen a 6k world, i guess 32bit just doesnt want to do it, though im bit confused why there was no error or anything to indicate it wasnt working?

I believe ive fixed my problem, i installed 64bit java and i was able to successfully gen a 6k world, i guess 32bit just doesnt want to do it, though im bit confused why there was no error or anything to indicate it wasnt working?

Glad you got it working. It's a great tool.

Yeah I wondered the same, regarding an error message. There was just none and nothing happened. :)

Here is an updated list I made for CompoPack40:

[ATTACH]30531[/ATTACH]

All the "Asian" buildings are spawning in their own city so, if you don't like that, you've to change it.

Yes, works great!

@Damocles

Works great as always!

Would be nice to have a drop down list for different settings like you did for the prefab lists.

Do you think you'll add that at some point?

Thx again for your greaat work!

Thanks for doing that, never used this tool before today.

What I did do is to rename that file that you uploaded to "prefablist_CompoPack_40" and popped it into the resources folder.

I then added "prefablist_CompoPack_40.txt ; Compo Pack 40 (full)" to the configPrefablists.txt file.

So now I get the choice of using the Compo Pack 40 using that updated list.

Of course I installed the actual Compo Pack 40 to my game, as instructed.

Does that seem ok...?

Thanks

Damocles,

This is a fantastic tool. Thank you for all you do.

Any chance of having your tool generate a new custom main.ttw per map gen. Friends and I re-start many times during experimental, and the main.ttw generated by Nitrogen is the same for every map which causes clients to have to re-download. I do know I can do a map gen with RWG and use that main.ttw, but was hoping for it to just auto create.

Thanks again for all your efforts.

Damocles,

This is a fantastic tool. Thank you for all you do.

Any chance of having your tool generate a new custom main.ttw per map gen. Friends and I re-start many times during experimental, and the main.ttw generated by Nitrogen is the same for every map which causes clients to have to re-download. I do know I can do a map gen with RWG and use that main.ttw, but was hoping for it to just auto create.

Thanks again for all your efforts.

Good to know. I can have a look at making a unique one.

Thanks for doing that, never used this tool before today.

What I did do is to rename that file that you uploaded to "prefablist_CompoPack_40" and popped it into the resources folder.

I then added "prefablist_CompoPack_40.txt ; Compo Pack 40 (full)" to the configPrefablists.txt file.

So now I get the choice of using the Compo Pack 40 using that updated list.

Of course I installed the actual Compo Pack 40 to my game, as instructed.

Does that seem ok...?

Thanks

Yep, that's right. Should work then.

@Damocles

Is it possible to set a "spawn point" for a prefab before generating the world?

Like: I have a lobby for a server and I want that lobby at the X and Z = 0 position.

So, is it possibly to set it and that the world gets generated "around" that prefab.

Right now I just hope it "spawns" close to the middle of the map or I try to adjust the prefabs in the 7d2d world editor before I upload the map to the server.

@Damocles

Is it possible to set a "spawn point" for a prefab before generating the world?

Like: I have a lobby for a server and I want that lobby at the X and Z = 0 position.

So, is it possibly to set it and that the world gets generated "around" that prefab.

Right now I just hope it "spawns" close to the middle of the map or I try to adjust the prefabs in the 7d2d world editor before I upload the map to the server.

I can add an option to spawn them as central as possible. Due to the generation algorythm, I cant gen the prefabs relative to a spawn-position, but I can move the spawn position close to a city. I could add a zone marker for spawn though, so that marked prefabs will place playerspawns nearby. (or even inside them?)

Not trying to do this while the game is running, but before generating the map. have edited the prefabs.xml but they still apear in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Using the compo Pack to try and get some smaller POI's into the game but just getting lots of very large building everywhere.

I have tried this most useful and pretty amazing tool for the first time today, I'll need to practise more to fully appreciate it. Thanks for sharing it.

Is there any way to select the sizes for each of the biomes available.?

I include the burned and wasteland biomes and find that they are typically very small and randomly placed, whilst the others are comparatively large.

Also does the smoothing option define the transition stages between the biomes..?

Thanks again for your work here.

I can add an option to spawn them as central as possible. Due to the generation algorythm, I cant gen the prefabs relative to a spawn-position, but I can move the spawn position close to a city. I could add a zone marker for spawn though, so that marked prefabs will place playerspawns nearby. (or even inside them?)

Sorry, "spawn point" were the wrong words... My question was all about generating a prefab where you want to have it.

Hope it was not misleading. My bad english.... :)

Personally I don't like the lobby close to cities so, an option to get a prefab as close to the center of the map as possible, independently from cities, would be great in my opinion.

A marked area for spawns is not needed in my eyes since you can set the spawn position in the spawnpoints.xml or, like in my case, with Botman (bot to manage servers).

• SylenThunder changed the title to A19e Nitrogen - a Random World Generator for 7DTD
  • SylenThunder changed the title to A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE
  • SylenThunder locked this topic