A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

Yes. It says (v0.447) at top. I have selected border biome as water.

That was the previewMap.png in your output folder you showed above correct?

ZiCR48r.png

Ok, got it. You had the landscape set to flat...

Water will only spawn when the terrain has elevations.

The mountains are still visible as biomes. But are only 0 meters high.

Recently I added the function that the selections keep the same when restarting.

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)

Ok, got it. You had the landscape set to flat...

Water will only spawn when the terrain has elevations.

ah ok lol well thanks for straightening that out for me. I may have to try a non-flat map.

also keep up the good work. It's appreciated.

As you are into maps, have you heard about maps larger than 4k not working on a server? Was watching a streamer last night and he just rented a server (forgot to ask which one) and he said he had to use a 4k map as they told him anything larger wouldn't work right now. Some glitch maybe.

Was wondering if your maps were different. He has used Nitrogen but don't know if he tried uploading it to his server.

There are no fundamental differences to an 8k RWG map. Its the same file formats.

Sound more like them not wanting to assign enough disk-space and upload budget (the map needs to be transmitted to the clients, that takes a while)

8K is 4 times more data then 4k.

Some users run 16k maps on a server...

As you are into maps, have you heard about maps larger than 4k not working on a server? Was watching a streamer last night and he just rented a server (forgot to ask which one) and he said he had to use a 4k map as they told him anything larger wouldn't work right now. Some glitch maybe.

His provider is limiting him. I run my own dedicated server and it works with 4, 8 and 16k. The 16k is a little rough and it took each client 10 min to download the map, but it does work.

Looking for help - New to Nitrogen - love the maps, but I am getting the following errors:

ERR Exception thrown on 000ExpPsp while Copying data at position 2116204 when data length in 2512: Argument Exception: length

ERR Exception thrown on 000ExpPsp while Copying data at position 2116204 when data length in 4096: Argument Exception: length

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Hi Damocles

I have a Question belonging to the POI-Rotations when generating maps

how does Nitrogen handles that ?

I see some of the prefabs not pointing with the face to the street (in towns and cities) (mabye also in settlements, but hard to tell, because there is street all around on every prefabs in settlements)

But the Rotation-Value is set correctly IMO

(e.g. Bowlingcenter, Circus, UnionStation , ...)

It seems this just happens to the Custom-POI's

And there is another strange thing: The Misrotation is not just N/S- or E/W Issue, but also sometimes 90degrees misrotated !?

I know TFP changed the rotation-order in A17 from clockwise to counterclockwise

So all "RotaionToFaceNorth"-values has changed in the past (1 was now 3 - and 3 was now 1) (east/west-values)

(North (0) and South (2) was still the same !!!)

But here now in Nitrogen I also have prefabs with "RotaionToFaceNorth"-value=0 that are misrotated now.

I know u already answered parts of this Question somewhere, but I couldn't find the post.

The newest version actually implemented facing POIs in the new city grid.

The POIs will face one of the streets they are connected.

However due to a change in the prefabs, I hardcoded the facing to be "2" (facing south) for all imports, as this is the majority. My prefablist is not up to date with the most recent changes.

I will add more updates to the facing logic later, and remove the hardcoded facing (2), once the vanilla prefabslist is updated.

Country side roads will approach POIs bases on their facing direction.

Inside small settlements (like the old-west) and the outer POIs of tows, the POIs will face towards the center of the settlement.

In summery: you dont need to change the facing info (as long as its correct in the xml), as I will make an update later.

--------------

In case you want to create a prefabslist for CompoPack, send me a PM.

I can create a tool to pregenerate a list from the binary info.

The only manual work would be to assign the zones.

--------------

In case you want to create a prefabslist for CompoPack, send me a PM.

I can create a tool to pregenerate a list from the binary info.

The only manual work would be to assign the zones.

LOL - to late :)

I already got everything implemented into the prefabslist - just a few finetunings here and there.

OK - good to know I dont have to redo the Rotations (facings).

btw:

It would be great to make bigger custom-towns

As far as I noticed the limit for different POI's in a custom-town is 15

IMO there is no need to add more custom-zones, but maybe change the values from 8,10,12,15 to 10,20,30,40 !?

this is just an idea, because maybe I could add some more custom-towns (like the destroyed town I have in actual CP40)

And I could also add some gasstations and other POI's that fit into Asia-Custom-Town

(because I already reached the limit ;) )

Edited by Magoli (see edit history)

I think I will wait and collect changes a bit more to release the updated features, so its not making users constantly have to update ;)

Maybe using an experimental version

-----

Watching a stream of a player using a NitroGen map, I should probably remove POIs that spawn on ridiculous high plateaus, sticking out from the ground...

I have a question about the custom zones, at least the custom towns but I'm curious about them all, do they spawn with the same kind of rules? Do that try to have the same distribution with houses, smalltown/downtown, citycenter, industrial etc, or is it just random? And do they use the same kinds of road format or grid as normal towns/settlements?

Custom zones are using the rules for small settlements (like the old-west towns), or outback POIs.

I will probably move rules for the towns to the updated city grid. (or add another zone like custom city)

The custom towns dont use sub-sections like cities and towns, but a random selection from the POIs assigned to the zone.

POIs can be assigned to several zones. So special POIs could also be assigned to cities and towns, but still spawn in a custom settlement.

If you have a pack of custom POIs, that would profit more than a handful of players (like CompoPack) I can think about adding more special rules to the generation.

--------

Water in 7DtD has often a problem to fill its area correctly.

The only help would be to reduce the depth of the lakes. Looks like it distributes the water (from the spawnpoints) better then.

In the end its a bug/inconsistency int the water-floodfill calculation.

The only help would be to reduce the depth of the lakes. Looks like it distributes the water (from the spawnpoints) better then.

Ah seems to happen more in the shallows and emanates out to the deeper area in straight lines.

Also any word on my other ideas like making roads stick to the rules of the mask.png so roads are not generated through oceans?

--------

confirmed

and I have reported this waterbug already in A17 - Its still consistent in A18

fact is that all POI's that are saved with the ingame-editor will get corrupted waterblocks with irregular attributes on Rotation and Meta value !

These corrupted waterblocks causes some nasty Impacts on performance and missing waterblocks in POI's

For POI's I can say this for sure and also know where it comes from

But for waters in the landscape (like Seas or Rivers) I have no chance to check that.

But IMO it could belong to the same Issue in the hardcoded TFP script that is assigned to this topic and the waterblocks

just wanted to mention

dudeldu

oh btw:

this is the mainreason why I have taken over all vanillaprefabs to the COMPOPACK

Edited by Magoli (see edit history)