A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

I have just uploaded a new Version testing out smoother curving roads.

The long distance roads are currently without cracks/grass spots in the surface. Looks more similar to RWG. Have a look. (v0.441)

The generation time should also be faster now.

I'll give that a try, thanks.

Keep up the good work :)

You need CompoPack 39. (copy its Prefabs into the 7 Days To Die\Data\Prefabs folder)

In Nitrogen (get the newest version), rename the prefablist_CompoPack_39.txt to prefablist.txt (in the folder resources)

Start NitroGen, and generate a map.

Copy the generated folder of the world into the ...AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds

Start a new game, and look for the new world in the list

You need CompoPack 39. (copy its Prefabs into the 7 Days To Die\Data\Prefabs folder)

In Nitrogen (get the newest version), rename the prefablist_CompoPack_39.txt to prefablist.txt (in the folder resources)

Start NitroGen, and generate a map.

Copy the generated folder of the world into the ...AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds

Start a new game, and look for the new world in the list

thank you

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30304[/ATTACH]

small spelling error: its wasteland

Is there an option to create without burnt forest and wasteland ? Or maybe make a ticker box to choose the biomes you want, and deselecting the ones you dont want ? Maybe even with an amount setting for each biome ?

"Normal" will not spawn burned forest and wasteland. (i think those biomes look unpleasant, and are mainly in the default settings for their resources)

I mainly tried to keep using dropdowns, as the UI could get messy quickly.

But true, I will have to change up some UI design elements to be fore flexible.

Fixed the spelling

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)

Good day folks,

First off still loving this and the changes you have been making, thank you for your efforts.

Secondly, does anyone have a decent water edge height map they use (8k)?

I have been playing about about with a custom height map to give the world a water border similar to the one the vanilla RWG gave me as I quite like it instead of a wasteland (I like the island feel to it). I am, however, ♥♥♥♥e at making a decent looking realistic blend between land and water and wondering if anyone else had success they would like to share?

No worries if not, just thought I would ask :)

Other than that, still enjoying this tool to spice things up from the standard RWG :D

Yes, the road calculation sped up a lot with some changes.

The newest version is v0.441. (more curving roads)

For me, Chrome seems to cache the downloads, downloading an older verion. Try to use an "icognito" window or another browser to download the most recent version.

Yes, the road calculation sped up a lot with some changes.

The newest version is v0.441. (more curving roads)

For me, Chrome seems to cache the downloads, downloading an older verion. Try to use an "icognito" window or another browser to download the most recent version.

Well I was on 0.440.

Will try the new version now. Thx. ;)

EDIT: oh, btw: I updated the prefablist.txt for Compo-Pack 40. Maybe someone needs it....

[ATTACH]30318[/ATTACH]

prefablist.txt

Edited by Mjoelnir.hh
added prefablist.txt (see edit history)

Well I was on 0.440.

Will try the new version now. Thx. ;)

EDIT: oh, btw: I updated the prefablist.txt for Compo-Pack 40. Maybe someone needs it....

Ah nice! I was looking for the updated list. I looked at the file myself last night but I was too tired to do anything with it.

Thanks Mjoelnir!

And thanks Damocles for such an awesome tool

thx Damocles for adding the new zone-features

I will check it out and play around with it this weekend.

Iam pretty sure the next CP will be a Nitrogen-world.

I can add some more zones to the list if you need it.

Your Asia POIs for example could be assigned to one of the town zones. This will spawn a settlement just with asian style POIs.

Or a 50/50 mix of Asian style and normal POIs like gas stations.

- - - Updated - - -

I recently noticed that map generation for A18 seems to have changed from previous alpha's.

This seems like a good thread to ask in.

I'm curious how to now make your own custom Splat3 (roads) png. As I see some TGA files are now generated.

The splat3.png is not all that diffent to A17. You can use the splatfixer tool in NitroGen to either convert a self edited splat to the correct format, OR make a correct splat image viewable again.

The generated splats are PNG.

The game will later process them into 2 TGA images. (one for roads, one for dirt-texture used at the water locations)

Basically, make a black image, paint red and green lines for the roads. Then use the splatfixer for the final game version.

Not quite sure what the blue channel is used for. Could be for water areas. In any case, RWG also almost never uses that channel either.

The splat3.png is not all that diffent to A17. You can use the splatfixer tool in NitroGen to either convert a self edited splat to the correct format, OR make a correct splat image viewable again.

The generated splats are PNG.

The game will later process them into 2 TGA images. (one for roads, one for dirt-texture used at the water locations)

Basically, make a black image, paint red and green lines for the roads. Then use the splatfixer for the final game version.

Oh i didnt know this Tool existed too, i did it manually all the time and explained it in Red Eagles Tutorial in the link above. Nice !

Question: Do you know what the blue texture is for in the splat files ? I saw it used in navezgane maps especially at the side of rivers/lakes, sometimes near roads in the desert places. I did suspect something like a smoothing variant to make shores looking better, cause it is used in prefabs too (if you check the processed splats).

splatblue.thumb.jpg.34a9fba93e49eb5a35b301f33cbbb795.jpg

Edited by Sam_Neill (see edit history)

Im not 100% sure.

I know that the splat4_procesed.tga file will mark the dirt-texture for water.

Adding the blue channel to the splat3.png made some blurry effect. I did not test that properly.

maybe you can make a plat with several rectangels mixing the red,green and blue channels, to see the effect.

For now I ignore the blue channel. (as does RWG unless for some spots in some POIs)

The alpha channel also has an effect in splat3.png . I just keep it at 0, looks fine. Maybe with some tests I can find some more dedicated uses for it.

Sad info for the ambitious: The game cannot handle maps larger than 16k. (Nitrogen can, but well).

The game cannot load textures larger than 16k, a limit by Unity. (biomes.png is one of those)

I keep a larger custom size just for fun. You can still enjoy the preview map, print it out and play tabletop games on it.

Sad info for the ambitious: The game cannot handle maps larger than 16k. (Nitrogen can, but well).

The game cannot load textures larger than 16k, a limit by Unity. (biomes.png is one of those)

I keep a larger custom size just for fun. You can still enjoy the preview map, print it out and play tabletop games on it.

Haha lol beat me to trying it lol. 16k is plenty tho in all honesty and in love large maps.. went straight for the juggler the BIG 16K.... ever since starting using this tool and havent looked back

Having fun messing with the generator and have a few questions.

Is there a legend for what the map generates? Like whats a yellow/blue/red/green/white building?

example map snapshot:

https://i.imgur.com/mVRCH0J.png

When selecting the option on traders. Is it a formula on the size of the map. i.e. I am using default # of traders. 8k Vs 16k does a 16 have more traders because its larger or is the default a static # does not care about size?

That I am assuming the # increases depending on the map size, but just checking.

Thanks... really awesome tool.

here the hex for the RGB colors

"houses" = A0A000

"mountain" = B0B0D0

"alone" = 904040

"farm" = 70F000

"citycenter" = 70F0F0

"industrial" = 0000F0

"trader" = F000F0

"carlot" = 00A0A0

basically, the trader is purple, and the citycenter cyan.

POIs can belong to different zones, so they sometimes show a differnt color than their neighbors of the same zone

Made a few pretty nice looking maps with the newest build!

Streets/Roads seem to be even more "natural". Great work.

What I noticed is, that the spawn (if setted to "single spawnpoint CO-OP") is often on mountains or trees, broke my leg or died several times. :)

Also, cities are mostly generated at the outside of the map and not so much in the middle.

Example: https://i.imgur.com/c5eP1hC.jpg

It would be really cool to have an option to save settings under different names.

Right now I'm just doing my "setup" in the GUI and save the configUI.txt, so I can use it later again if I want to.

It's no big deal to save a bunch of .txt files and copy them to the resources folder if I want to use a specific setting but would be easier to have an option build in.

My ♥♥♥♥ty english... I hope you get what I mean. ;)

Edited by Mjoelnir.hh (see edit history)

Damocles I have watched the vanilla 7dtd RWG generate town names in the log. Dose yours also generate a name for each town / city placed? It would be awsome if i could somehow access each town name so i could at least go through and manually build my own town / city billboard.