A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

@Damocles: Can you say me, how big the radiated zone is on a 8K map? i want to create a notify for my players in a18, because the zone wont show as red like in a17.

You can turn on a separate biome for the border, such as wasteland or burned forest. Its easy to spot when entering the border, and easy to see the way back.

The border is around 300 meters wide.

The new custom zones where just implemented. Also CompoPack 40 was just released. No prefablist for this yet.

In time...

(You can edit the prefablist accordingly of course, if you want to use the features now already)

Thanks, i just ask for information.

Already really good work, i only play with your tool.

Damocles

Any chance for a purely flat world option at all. Like full flat no bumps etc lol

I know you wanted it as an option but for now you could try this.

From way it was explained to me and having done a few maps you need to make the import_HM.png file in resources all one solid color.

I also think the number corresponds to the world depth. So for example if you use R=90 G=90 B=90 to color the map then the ground depth will be about 90. I am still in process of getting the biomes straightened out though. Damocles explained it to me in an earlier post so you might have to read back a bit.

Damocles can explain all this better.

Ok, I will add a flat world option. Currently you can easily make one with an imported hightmap as described by Gamida.

-----

New version online 0.432

-dark Theme (makes you 150% cooler!)

-saving selection state of the dropdowns

-font size in configs

you can set the theme back to the old one by setting DARK_THEME = 0 in the config.txt

Ok, I will add a flat world option. Currently you can easily make one with an imported hightmap as described by Gamida.

-----

New version online 0.432

-dark Theme (makes you 150% cooler!)

-saving selection state of the dropdowns

-font size in configs

you can set the theme back to the old one by setting DARK_THEME = 0 in the config.txt

That would be great. I will be able to have so many worlds when this is added lol. I am grateful...my hard drive will hate you. :)

the 2nd step in the end is the preview map rendering.

Apart from UI stuff, the generation did not change.

You can skip generating the preview map in case you ran out of memory.

(Or switch to the classic preview map, wich uses less memory to generate)

Some more Exception messages might show up if you run it via the .bat

The compo pack list might still have some bugs. There was one, that is fixed now. (a typo)

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)

Yeah Figured it out, Tested it on 4k 8k & 16k with No issues....

Can I just ask though, Your formatting for adding a prefab...

store_laundry_01,COMMERCIAL;DOWNTOWN,2,-1,30,13,48,smalltown;downtown

The Numbers as I understand are as follows, 2 allowed spawns, -1 depth 30,13,48 (the prefab size) ?

You can turn on a separate biome for the border, such as wasteland or burned forest. Its easy to spot when entering the border, and easy to see the way back.

The border is around 300 meters wide.

Okay found it.

Can you also add water as a option for border biome? :)

New version 0.440

-flat terrain option in the landscape selection

-debug scenario (all POIs are drawn in a grid, to check if they have spawned correctly)

-speedup in the road generation (roads will need some more visual finetuning in the future)

You sir are awesome thank you thank you thank you. Like I been let loose in a lolly who lol

First of all, thanks for the awesome generator! I use your generator exclusively since the in game generator generates faulty maps for me at the moment and before I used this generator I had to use the dedicated server to generate my worlds.

But I would like to make a suggestion if I may, and that is the option of having one of each biome instead of having biomes scattered around in little dots. I personally don't like that and would much prefer to have a map with just one biome of each type all together. What I do now is set biomes to only greenland and then have north/south set to snow and desert and the border as wasteland because that generates a nice map. But that means I don't have all biomes available to me.

Also, now that I'm thinking about it, an option for clean roads would be nice. I like the idea of having grass mixed in with the roads but I would like to have an option to have just roads without grass, like it is in the vanilla game.

Otherwise, this is a very nice generator! And please, if I am missing something and these options already exist, please let me know :)

• SylenThunder changed the title to A19e Nitrogen - a Random World Generator for 7DTD
  • SylenThunder changed the title to A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE
  • SylenThunder locked this topic