A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

Darmocles

When writing a prefab into prefab.txt.

Finding the whole prefab size say is 45 x 17 x 45

How ever the offset is -1 so No write whole co ords and the nitrogen will take the -1 into account or would I have to calculate from surface to top of prefab for that y value.

What I mean is from bottom of basement that goes underground to the very top of the poi or from ground level to top of poi.

Thats the actual code for writing the prefab y location in the prefabs.xml:

(l.high+1+l.prefab.yOffset)

l.high is the hight on the terrain

So a prefab with y offset (normally negative) will push the prefab downwards.

The game would otherwise spawn prefabs from the lowest block upwards.

With a y offset of zero, it would lay flat on the terrain.

With -1 it would have the lowest layer sunk into the terrain (most of the POIs are set up like that)

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)

Can anyone playing SP 16k map share RAM usage, maybe along with a rough description of graphical settings (eg. medium, high, etc)?

I have 16G, and on D1 it's at ~10G when I first spawn. But if I exit to the main menu and continue, the game reliably crashes with OOM. I assume RAM usage will increase during prolonged play, so I wonder if I should go with an 8k map.

Can anyone playing SP 16k map share RAM usage, maybe along with a rough description of graphical settings (eg. medium, high, etc)?

I have 16G, and on D1 it's at ~10G when I first spawn. But if I exit to the main menu and continue, the game reliably crashes with OOM. I assume RAM usage will increase during prolonged play, so I wonder if I should go with an 8k map.

I play 16k. I have settings on medium

This tool is dope, thanks! Sorry it was asked already but default settings within the tool for a given seed would result in the same map as it would if generated from the game directly?

If you mean having the same output as RWG, then no. Its a completely different implementation, just using the same file formats.

Classic seeds (to recreate a map) would not really work here. Mainly because the user can set a lot of custom options. Recreating a map based on the same seed would also require the options to be set exactly the same. And also using exactly the same program version (as I regularly change details).

Otherwise the same seed would still result in different maps.

If there where a specific use-case to create the same map on different computers, I could create some sharable settings.

I have 32G and sometimes a 16K maps crashes on start. Even though RAM is just filled to about 70 / 75 percent, loading fails with an out of memory error. Once I get past the loading screen it works fine. I am playing on Ultra.

I wouldn't worry too much about this. Again the "not optimized" issue.

If you mean having the same output as RWG, then no. Its a completely different implementation, just using the same file formats.

Classic seeds (to recreate a map) would not really work here. Mainly because the user can set a lot of custom options. Recreating a map based on the same seed would also require the options to be set exactly the same. And also using exactly the same program version (as I regularly change details).

Otherwise the same seed would still result in different maps.

If there where a specific use-case to create the same map on different computers, I could create some sharable settings.

Thanks, you answered to my question and thanks again for the great tool!

I really like the north=snow, south=desert idea, but would it be possible to give the user more control over what general percentage the desert and snow take up? I like the way it works, but I personally would like a bigger desert in the south, for instance.

Edit: Also a couple more options for controlling spawn points would be nice, like what biomes to prefer for spawn points, and options for specifying single-spawn-point near town, far from town, etc.

Edited by GammaPaladin (see edit history)

I really like the north=snow, south=desert idea, but would it be possible to give the user more control over what general percentage the desert and snow take up? I like the way it works, but I personally would like a bigger desert in the south, for instance.

Edit: Also a couple more options for controlling spawn points would be nice, like what biomes to prefer for spawn points, and options for specifying single-spawn-point near town, far from town, etc.

In the resources/config.txt you can edit the impact of the north and south biomes.

BIOME_NORTH = 0.08

BIOME_SOUTH = 0.08

Choose something like

BIOME_SOUTH = 0.20

for example for a larger desert area.

(edits need to be saved before starting the program)

Vehicles are spawned either on roads or POIs.

For roads the only thing that counts is their area. A vehicle will have a certain chance to spawn on a road surface.

The actual position is determined by the game randomly.

For POIs, I have added the option "extra car lots" to increase the overall number of cars in towns.

Its basically more car dealer or gas station POIs.

In the resources/config.txt you can edit the impact of the north and south biomes.

BIOME_NORTH = 0.08

BIOME_SOUTH = 0.08

Choose something like

BIOME_SOUTH = 0.20

for example for a larger desert area.

(edits need to be saved before starting the program)

Excellent, thanks!

Been generating a 16k world with default settings for ~3 hours now. The last 30-40 mins or so it's been stuck on

(469/470)

(470/470)

exporting (1/3)

exporting (2/3)

D:\DivApps\NitroGen_WorldGenerator/output/NitroGenMap18/biomes.png not TYPE_INT_RGB, copy type 6 -> 1

Is this normal? The tool is no longer using any CPU, which I find odd, so I have a feeling it's just stopped now.

Been generating a 16k world with default settings for ~3 hours now. The last 30-40 mins or so it's been stuck on

Is this normal? The tool is no longer using any CPU, which I find odd, so I have a feeling it's just stopped now.

16k is very memory intensive. And 16k is quite on the limit for lots of computers.

NitroGen is currently writing the new preview map at that step.

You could restart and set the preview to classic (grey scale hightmap) or better to off, to skip that step. This saves a bunch of memory, and should let the generation finish properly.

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)