A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

The game files need to be moved from the server to the other client.

And they can be HUGE, for 16k.

I dont think the game compresses the files during transfer ... else it would be quicker.

The only method to speed it up might be to manually transfer the world files, so the client knows this world.

Else you have to wait for downloading all the files.

It only has to be done once at initialization.

Next to closing NitroGen (memory consumption) when starting up the world in game, also close the explorer window with the world-files.

In A18 I often have some kind of "access violation" that might be linked to the explorer window looking at the files, while the game does the final preparations at the first start. It might be linked to that.

Makes sense; windows is trying to get that stupid thumbnail while NitroGen is still writing the file...

Stupid windows. =)

Hey Damocles, thanks for the latest version, the preview map looks just great!

Do do have plans to for a feature to save/load all the settings from the gui into preset files? Would be great to switch fast between different generation scenarios.

I am not sure if this is the right thread for this (sorry if not), but i have a question about biomes.xml and prefabs spawning, maybe you can help me, i am stuck with this currently:

1) Do you know if its possible with A18 to add or modify biomes completeley? What i want to do is to have one biome with much more dense forest (i can do this by changing the probs of the trees in the xml) and at the same time another biome with almost no trees (to characterize forrest/greenland from a real world map).

I tried to copy and adapt the forest pine biome over snow or burnt forest, but when i start the game it doesnt work properly, it looks broken. I also tried to add a new biome with an id and new color code, but it also doesnt work.

I added new biomes+colorcodes with A17 and it worked back then in combination with biomes.png.

2. Is it possibly to spawn not only models but also blocks into the world with the prefabs xml file? As i figured out, trees are blocks, and i could spawn trees programmatically into the world, if its not possible with biomes (to have strict greenland and forest regions).

Thanks anyway, keep on rocking with nitrogen :)

The biome decorations are not controlled by the world files.

So any change in the current looks within a biome must be defined in the biomes.xml

I was playing around with it a bit, but I dont really know all details.

Maybe I write a tool that can increase all the vegetation density (chance of spawning) to make the world look nicer.

But that would mean to alter the biomes.xml (for all later worlds), so that would be a classic mod.

prefabs.xml only controls the POIs. Its cant create custom blocks.

Only some really fancy world generator, that can create the region files directly could do all of that. (including custom blocks, vegetation, procedural POIs or caves)

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)

A huge thanks for this great little tool. My computer exceeds the minimum system requirements but RWG doesn't work for me within the game (although it did for 17). Without Nitrogen, I would be stuck only playing the 4 maps the come with 18. I will upgrade soon but will continue to use Nitrogen. Thanks

I wrote a little tool for myself that boosts the vegetation density (here by 4).

It goes though the biomes.xml, and increases the spawnprobability of all tree objects.

Could even boost the number of birdnests...

easier than editing about 140 entries by hand i suppose.

vegetation.jpg.c5dd56f52c5f29f46de3fe7cb30c211f.jpg

boosted.jpg

Finally I have some dense forests again.

Thanks @Guppy, i am going to try that!

And Damocles, this means that you modify the biome.xml programmatically and all of your forest pine biome is that dense now, right? I like the idea of doing that with one scale factor for vegetation.

Thanks @Guppy, i am going to try that!

And Damocles, this means that you modify the biome.xml programmatically and all of your forest pine biome is that dense now, right? I like the idea of doing that with one scale factor for vegetation.

Yes, its simple XML work.

The probability number is just indicating how often trees, stones, birdnests etc will appear.

I used a factor of 4 to increase the tree density, wich I like way more.

A18 is just to barren.

Doing that manually would be way to much work. I suppose TFP are also doing that thing automatically, and then just export the xml.

I wrote a little tool for myself that boosts the vegetation density (here by 4).

It goes though the biomes.xml, and increases the spawnprobability of all tree objects.

Could even boost the number of birdnests...

easier than editing about 140 entries by hand i suppose.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30078[/ATTACH]

boosted.jpg

Finally I have some dense forests again.

If anyone wants to try out the settings, here two biomes.xml (rename and overwrite the biomes.xml in 7 Days To Die\Data\Config)

biomes vegeation 4x and 2x

It will spawn trees 2 times or 4 times more often than the default, making the world have more dense forests.

Its for the recent version (Oct 24 2019), DONT USE after the next updates, as it will miss the changes.

Hello, I have a question please. I have a dedicated server (BlueFang) and I used this tool to make my map. How do I add the map to my server?

I should mention that I did not download any of the files to my computer. I go to the site and edit the files manually. Adding a map is the most elaborate thing I've done since playing this game (if you dont count downloading mod launcher..which I'm not using).

Thank you in advance for any help given.

Hello, I have a question please. I have a dedicated server (BlueFang) and I used this tool to make my map. How do I add the map to my server?

I should mention that I did not download any of the files to my computer. I go to the site and edit the files manually. Adding a map is the most elaborate thing I've done since playing this game (if you dont count downloading mod launcher..which I'm not using).

Hello Czon,

i have not worked with the 7DtD servers, so i dont know what configurations they need to host the map for a game.

In the very first post of this thread, zootal has described a little tutorial on setting up a server for A17. Maybe that helps you.

Just copy the files to <7days install location>\Data\Worlds

Set <property name="GameWorld" value="FolderNameHere"/> to \Data\Worlds\<foldername of world> in your server config .xml file

zootal has described a little tutorial on setting up a server for A17. Maybe that helps you.

Thank you. I read it over and over it didnt really explain dedi servers. What I got from it was for modded servers.

I did notice on Blue Fang I can upload files and folders. But...for example there is a Generationinfo.txt file on server. But on the generated map folder this is not one.

I'm nervous to touch anything and mess stuff up. Yet Im curious on how to do it myself. I guess I could ask support, butt hen I'd still not know how to do it myslef for the future.

I thank you for you help and you responding. Much appriciated.

Pretty sure you just message the server hosts and send them the map telling them it needs to go in generated worlds. Some servers allow 100% control tho so you just search for where the generated worlds folder is via filezilla or some program like it. And as well can send a message to the server hosts asking where it is to