A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

It can be controlled somewhat, but it takes some trial and error. The first thing I would tell you to look at is adding the 'unique' tag you can add to your city tagged prefabs.

Its a stackable tag as well, so you need to make a separate entry for each copy of the building you want to generate, ie

Skyscraper02, xyz, citycenter;unique

This would give you 4 and only 4 of skyscraper02. This works well enough, but the problem is you are breaking this out over X number of cities,and theres not guarantee you wont still get 2 of the same in one city,and none in another. I generate each city separately, but its a ton of extra work to do so.

If you mess around with the tags enough, you can still get a decent mix

So I got the one for A19 and whenever I generate any game world it doesn't seem to make the 
' checksums '

' GenerationInfo '

Which I would assume to be why when I put the folders I get from the gen into \GeneratedWorlds that it just does not show up in game and I can't select them to make a new game with said map... can anyone help me out?

Is your prefab list updated? If you used the list that comes with Nitro, its out of date. I would need screens on errors, but they are not errors i see on a regular basis, its either prefab list or your nitro settings i would guess. Need to be more specific if you can, where are you failing?

17 hours ago, Cpt Krunch said:

Is your prefab list updated? If you used the list that comes with Nitro, its out of date. I would need screens on errors, but they are not errors i see on a regular basis, its either prefab list or your nitro settings i would guess. Need to be more specific if you can, where are you failing?

well the thing is that nitro is saying that it is not failing and I do get a end result of a folder that looks a lot like the normal world files except for those two missing things. nitro gives me the all clear or at least says that it is done but when I go into my game it doesn't show up even when I have put the files where I was supposed to. Where would I get the updated prefabs though?
I am not fully sure how else to best explain it short of making a video which I don't know how to do.

On 4/26/2021 at 5:01 PM, soporteimatt said:

Hello. What game file do I have to move to the nitrogen folder so that it uses the prefabs of the current version? I can't find "prefablist.txt" in the game files.

Resources folder.  You drop your list in there, and then you need to add that list name to the configPrefablists.txt file. Here is what mine looks l ike. This allows you to see your custom list in the drop down.

2021-04-27_22h00_48.png

15 hours ago, PAL-18 said:

I tried following both instructions to get a nitrogen map (both the default 8K size and a 14K size) and the dedicated server keeps crashing on startup. Any idea what im doing wrong?

Hard to say without logs. Old list are the culprit most of the time. The list have to reflect the exact versions of prefabs you are using. Have you verified your Nitro lists are up to date and match your prefabs?

On 4/27/2021 at 11:06 PM, Cpt Krunch said:

Carpeta de recursos. Dejas caer tu lista allí, y luego necesitas agregar ese nombre de lista al archivo configPrefablists.txt. Así es como se ve el mío  . Esto le permite ver su lista personalizada en el menú desplegable.

2021-04-27_22h00_48.png

Difícil de decir sin registros. La lista antigua es la culpable la mayor parte del tiempo. La lista debe reflejar las versiones exactas de las casas prefabricadas que está utilizando. ¿Ha verificado que sus listas de Nitro estén actualizadas y coincidan con sus casas prefabricadas?

thanks for answering. but I don't have the default list of 19.4. It is also generated by default and more less is left, some structures were left with phantom blocks but they are few.

this map generate. it's good for the vanilla boat mod 

MAP1

spacer.png

MAP2
spacer.png

https://7daystodie-servers.com/server/90775/

I thank you for answering my question

😁 😁  😁 😁 😁 😁

Edited by soporteimatt (see edit history)

Hello All,

I been trying to load in a custom map with the Highways and they are spawning in 90 degrees where the guard rails run across the road. Is there a bug or doesn't work anymore? Or is it the size of the map I am generating (10k)? Please help.

No. that is normal.... I mean the lanes have them going across. 

So I found out it only happens when I do Special "add Darkness Falls". I KNOW I CAN"T PLAY DF WITH NITROGEN I AM NOT PLAYING DF FOR THIS MAP CREATE, so please don't say that; ik unfortunately. Is this always going to happen regardless or is there a way to fix this?  

With that being said, thank you Hood for the response. 

Edited by Alwaysthedms
did not finish thought (see edit history)

50 minutes ago, Alwaysthedms said:

No. that is normal.... I mean the lanes have them going across. 

So I found out it only happens when I do Special "add Darkness Falls". I KNOW I CAN"T PLAY DF WITH NITROGEN I AM NOT PLAYING DF FOR THIS MAP CREATE, so please don't say that; ik unfortunately. Is this always going to happen regardless or is there a way to fix this?  

With that being said, thank you Hood for the response. 

Yes it will always happen. The code for the highway was basically Alpha, and as far as I am aware, was never completed. It's a bit buggy.

50 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

Yes it will always happen. The code for the highway was basically Alpha, and as far as I am aware, was never completed. It's a bit buggy.

Is there a way to highlight POI's and rotate them? Can't even do that.

7 hours ago, Alwaysthedms said:

Is there a way to highlight POI's and rotate them? Can't even do that.

Go into prefab editor, spin the piece there, and save it. That should fix the issue. You can literally put anything in that list and it will repeat.

I am trying to create the most featureless flat map I can.

All flat, no cities, 1 trader new town, all grassland, 4k

However when I click generate world I get

running generation thread
deactivate noise
deactivate noise
creating output directory: NitroGenMap  D:\Games Monkeys\NitroGen_WorldGenerator\output\NitroGenMap
output directory created
... running terrain generation ...
exporting (1/3)
exporting (2/3)
exporting (3/3)
... terrain generation ... DONE ...
Total time taken: 0 min 5 sec

and then nothing

If I check the output folder I have the folder, 3 png's (biomes, genhm, radiation) and an empty preview folder.

machine is not struggling for RAM or cpu

64 bit Java installed, but lost now

Screenshot of settings: https://imgur.com/a/zoCogfx

Edit: Just tried it with default settings and it works fine, some bug with the settings I have selected?

Edited by Parzival2020 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Parzival2020 said:

Edit: Just tried it with default settings and it works fine, some bug with the settings I have selected?

Might try changing that 'import from' to 'resources' folder. Ive also attached a completely flat height map for you. Just drop this in 'resource' folder and change the height map setting from 'generate new' to 'use import_hm.png. This will give you a completely flat map every time.

import_hm.png