A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

I just tried the Link and it is working .. FINE .. for me also.

I'm just hoping Damocles .. comes back and does an Update on this great mod .. it sure could use one, with all the changes that TFP have done lately.

Hope all had a good Christmas or the Best you could in these times .. Lets Hope for a Better New Year. :02.47-tranquillity:

Good night people, like this I would like you to help me with a problem, I want this building to appear on my map:

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1102/?tab=description

Now as I have read in that thread I have to add the following line to the Nitrogen Prefabricated file:

2, -1,137,67,118, unique

And the files that I download, where do I put them in the game's prefab folder? or in the Nitrogen folder?

The file that I have to edit for Nitrogen to add the building to the generated maps if I have not made a mistake is the one in the Resources folder. but now I have the following question, where do I put that line? Since seeing the content of said file we give me different lines:

// A19 new vanilla:
bus_stop_01, none, 0, -1,29,5,9, smalltown; downtown; citycenter
house_modern_12, none, 2, -3,29,17,36, houses
house_modern_13, none, 2, -5,25,19,40, houses
house_modern_14, none, 2, -5,32,25,38, houses
house_modern_15, none, 2, -4,31,18,46, houses
house_modern_16, none, 2, -5,35,16,55, houses
house_modern_17, none, 2, -4,28,19,41, houses
house_old_gambrel_04, none, 2, -5,25,20,42, houses

as I add that line to the file I simply add it like this:

2, -1,137,67,118, unique

and I would also like to know if there is any way that the building appears in any of my saved maps

Thanks for the help

19 hours ago, Chrnosdark said:

Good night people, like this I would like you to help me with a problem, I want this building to appear on my map:

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1102/?tab=description

Now as I have read in that thread I have to add the following line to the Nitrogen Prefabricated file:

2, -1,137,67,118, unique

And the files that I download, where do I put them in the game's prefab folder? or in the Nitrogen folder?

The file that I have to edit for Nitrogen to add the building to the generated maps if I have not made a mistake is the one in the Resources folder. but now I have the following question, where do I put that line? Since seeing the content of said file we give me different lines:

// A19 new vanilla:
bus_stop_01, none, 0, -1,29,5,9, smalltown; downtown; citycenter
house_modern_12, none, 2, -3,29,17,36, houses
house_modern_13, none, 2, -5,25,19,40, houses
house_modern_14, none, 2, -5,32,25,38, houses
house_modern_15, none, 2, -4,31,18,46, houses
house_modern_16, none, 2, -5,35,16,55, houses
house_modern_17, none, 2, -4,28,19,41, houses
house_old_gambrel_04, none, 2, -5,25,20,42, houses

as I add that line to the file I simply add it like this:

2, -1,137,67,118, unique

and I would also like to know if there is any way that the building appears in any of my saved maps

Thanks for the help

The eden mall is in the CompoPack if that helps

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

Thansk for this neat tool!

I've made some tests and there are some things I like to suggest.

When using "use import_HM.png & mask.png" it shouldn't overwrite the biomes.png.

Is there a reason heightmap & mask are upside down? If not would be nice to have the the same way as the final map.

Could you add a new color to the mask to add trader spawns?

And I know this meight be a big one, but: Would it be possible to add street helpers inside the mask aswell?

This may help

When using "use import_HM.png & mask.png" it shouldn't overwrite the biomes.png
Just drag and drop your own custom biomes.png into the world folder created.

Is there a reason heightmap & mask are upside down? If not would be nice to have the the same way as the final map
It is the way the official game generated the height map. To edit to match you must flip vertically to match
when editing. It is just following the same rules.

And I know this might be a big one, but: Would it be possible to add street helpers inside the mask as well?
You can add custom street layouts, by editing the height map, using paint brush approx 15 pixel, hard edge,
then take sample points between point a and b, adding them to a gradient, and drag from beginning to the end
of the framed line. When the map is generated the street will exist, and depending on the gradient, will
follow landscape, or cut path through it.  

The other way is to edit splat map with the red line from point a to b, it will follow terrain but will
have tarmac material green is dirt path.

13 hours ago, builder2 said:

Just installed Nitrogen & CompoPack 47 - generated a world and got several warning messages in log. Don't know if they mean anything but here it is. Let me know if there is any other info needed or these can be safely ignored.

output_log__2020-12-28__16-31-21.txt 32.01 kB · 2 downloads

Those are unity bugs nothing cp or nitro related and can be ignored. 

9 hours ago, 4sheetzngeegles said:

Just drag and drop your own custom biomes.png into the world folder created.

Thats what I did but it becomes annoying when you have todo it over and over again plus you have to wait until the biomes.png is overwritten. However this only affects the preview map not the game. I can even edit the biomes.png when the map is generated with POIs already.

It is the way the official game generated the height map. To edit to match you must flip vertically to match

when editing. It is just following the same rules.

Thanks for clearing this up, I thought this is related to nitro before.

You can add custom street layouts, by editing the height map, using paint brush approx 15 pixel, hard edge,

then take sample points between point a and b, adding them to a gradient, and drag from beginning to the end
of the framed line. When the map is generated the street will exist, and depending on the gradient, will
follow landscape, or cut path through it. 

I thought about something more simple but I will consider this when I need a new map. Thanks a lot for this one.

The other way is to edit splat map with the red line from point a to b, it will follow terrain but will

have tarmac material green is dirt path.

That sounds more like what I was looking for.

I installed the Compopack45 and a map I had created with the Nitrogen tool on a Bluefang server following all of the instructions given in the videos and by Guppy for Dedicated server installs.  It loaded just fine.  The Prefabs were a bit of a mess though,  Quite a few of the ones I saw were sunken into the environment by 10 feet of so and there were 25 traders but all but one was the Poser kind.  Two of us fell thru the world within 20 minutes of starting and were unable to log back in afterwards  I've used the Compopack many, many times in the past and it works fine on it's own.  I think there's still some serious issues with the Nitrogen tool and I'd really, really love to use it as the map it created was awesome.  I've created a new seed without it and I'm running the Compopack on Vanilla now.

For those of you using NitroGen, are you doing so on your local PC's?  Or on a dedicated server and is it causing any of the issues I had?  Is there a trick to making it work better with the Prefabs?

Edited by Tahoenvy (see edit history)

How could I change the amount of ore in my nitrogen maps? Do I create a mod put it in my regular 7dtd mod folder and nitrogen reads it? 

I played around with changing the vanilla files and using the vanilla creation you can see the different, but keeping the changes and using nitrogen I don't really notice any more ore. 

7 hours ago, Tahoenvy said:

I installed the Compopack45 and a map I had created with the Nitrogen tool on a Bluefang server following all of the instructions given in the videos and by Guppy for Dedicated server installs.  It loaded just fine.  The Prefabs were a bit of a mess though,  Quite a few of the ones I saw were sunken into the environment by 10 feet of so and there were 25 traders but all but one was the Poser kind.  Two of us fell thru the world within 20 minutes of starting and were unable to log back in afterwards  I've used the Compopack many, many times in the past and it works fine on it's own.  I think there's still some serious issues with the Nitrogen tool and I'd really, really love to use it as the map it created was awesome.  I've created a new seed without it and I'm running the Compopack on Vanilla now.

For those of you using NitroGen, are you doing so on your local PC's?  Or on a dedicated server and is it causing any of the issues I had?  Is there a trick to making it work better with the Prefabs?

i would be surprised to see damo again before a20 comes out, and nitro hasn't been updated since early a19.

nitro makes a much heavier world than vanilla rwg that some computers have trouble handling, this is 1/8th a part of why we stopped supporting it for ravenhearst. too many complaints about worlds in various ways that are outside of our ability to assist with. believe the bad Y locations is a side effect of nitro not being up to date with the alpha progression.

edit- think the latest compo version is also 47, so you might want to try getting up to date, could solve some things.

7 hours ago, CounterBalance said:

How could I change the amount of ore in my nitrogen maps? Do I create a mod put it in my regular 7dtd mod folder and nitrogen reads it? 

I played around with changing the vanilla files and using the vanilla creation you can see the different, but keeping the changes and using nitrogen I don't really notice any more ore. 

that's handled by the biomes.xml, not sure if that's what you were changing.

Edited by sinda (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Tahoenvy said:

Cp 45 lol. Should try cp 46 or 47 clean install, verify game files, clean game files to. Server wipe.  Make sure all files are in correct locations required on server to. 

4 hours ago, sinda said:

i would be surprised to see damo again before a20 comes out, and nitro hasn't been updated since early a19.

nitro makes a much heavier world than vanilla rwg that some computers have trouble handling, this is 1/8th a part of why we stopped supporting it for ravenhearst. too many complaints about worlds in various ways that are outside of our ability to assist with. believe the bad Y locations is a side effect of nitro not being up to date with the alpha progression.

edit- think the latest compo version is also 47, so you might want to try getting up to date, could solve some things.

Yes that it, I was changing that file in vanilla to test it out, then if it worked I was going to either find or create a mod so I'm not messing with the vanilla files. I just didn't notice a change in the nitrogen map as I did with 7d2d map creation. So I was wondering if Nitrogen is somehow using its own data of vanilla current biome.xml?

The other day was the first time I had used nitrogen, so it could be a very noob question. 

If it really does use only the games biomes.xml then it could be that I wasn't looking far enough I only looked around for about 10-15min in a 12k map in God mode. The one I created with 7d2d map creator was 4k since it takes for ever. So it could be the case I was able to see more with a smaller map and therefore noticed more, and with the 12k things are more spread out and in the whole map over all it averages out to the same thing. 

So here is my follow up then:

If I went ahead with a mod for the biomes.xml would nitrogen read that as well or do I have to stick to making the changes to the vanilla files?

Nitrogen uses zero vanilla files to generate it's world. Editing the biomes folder to get more ores underground will work. Those generate when you open the region anyway so even if changed mid game they will still affect the map in unexplored areas. I've done it, in a Nitro map. Idk if the same is true for the boulders, never tried them.

21 hours ago, sinda said:

Yes I miswrote which pack I installed. It was the Compopack47.  I finally got it running on my dedicated server WITHOUT the Nitrogen map and after edited a vanilla RWGMixer.xml to take the Prefabs.  

Does it say has virus, or does it say it may have an IDP?

That is a general term for an antivirus program saying I don't know.

The majority of the time these are a false positive. I often got them when

I installed a program dealing with Java applets or programs that wanted to update.

Here is a link for Mcafee Stinger.  Free, updated regularly, portable, official from site.

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/downloads/free-tools/stinger.html