Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Cpt Krunch

Cpt Krunch

I really love the amount of folklore around Nitrogen. Whoever told you zombies disappear on Nitrogen maps is completely wrong. Flat out wrong. There are only a few pieces that go together to make a working map, and nitrogen does not add anything additional to achieve a working map.

With the stand alone tools included with Nitro, you could essentially use the A17 version of Nitro to make 19.4 maps. .501 will get the job done.

It ALL boils down to the prefablist.txt, which is essentially Nitro's version of the Rwgmixer.xml.  The nitro version is simplified compared to the rwgmixer in that it does not base prefab placement by biomes. This to me is the only real disadvantage to nitro vs vanilla.

If you want to ensure you get a good working map, you have 2 options. You can either use a premade Nitro mixer, like say that one the Compo Team provides, (and which is actually pretty well made),  or you can do what the rest of us do, and that is to make your own Nitro lists based on the specific prefabs both your end users AND your server have installed. If you make sure this one important step is done correctly, you will not have any issues making anything you need for maps.

Ive made literally hundreds of maps that have been played on by literally hundreds and hundreds of people, and I have never had an issue that was not the result of me missing a step somewhere. Please trust what Im saying. There is no magic behind how this really excellent tool works.

If you would like, I can make a video on how to create your own lists. Its a bit cumbersome the first time you make a list, but its fairly straight forward and easier to understand than the rwgmixer, though like i said, lacks a bit of granularity that vanilla has for prefab placement. 

Ive seen some preview of the A20 vanilla map gen, and it looks really promising, so you may start getting vanilla maps that will work better for you. For me, I will always make my own maps, either using the new vanilla gen or nitro or a combination of both. Please let me know if you have questions, and Id be happy to show you what I can.

https://discord.gg/tsmneMRk53

Cpt Krunch

Cpt Krunch

I really love the amount of folklore around Nitrogen. Whoever told you zombies disappear on Nitrogen maps is completely wrong. Flat out wrong. There are only a few pieces that go together to make a working map, and nitrogen does not add anything additional to achieve a working map.

With the stand alone tools included with Nitro, you could essentially use the A17 version of Nitro to make 19.4 maps. .501 will get the job done.

Its ALL boils down to the prefablist.txt, which is essentially Nitro's version of the Rwgmixer.xml.  The nitro version is simplified compared to the rwgmixer in that it does not base prefab placement by biomes. This to me is the only real disadvantage to nitro vs vanilla.

If you want to ensure you get a good working map, you have 2 options. You can either use a premade Nitro mixer, like say that one the Compo Team provides, (and which is actually pretty well made),  or you can do what the rest of us do, and that is to make your own Nitro lists based on the specific prefabs both your end users AND your server have installed. If you make sure this one important step is done correctly, you will not have any issues making anything you need for maps.

Ive made literally hundreds of maps that have been played on by literally hundreds and hundreds of people, and I have never had an issue that was not the result of me missing a step somewhere. Please trust what Im saying. There is no magic behind how this really excellent tool works.

If you would like, I can make a video on how to create your own lists. Its a bit cumbersome the first time you make a list, but its fairly straight forward and easier to understand than the rwgmixer, though like i said, lacks a bit of granularity that vanilla has for prefab placement. 

Ive seen some preview of the A20 vanilla map gen, and it looks really promising, so you may start getting vanilla maps that will work better for you. For me, I will always make my own maps, either using the new vanilla gen or nitro or a combination of both. Please let me know if you have questions, and Id be happy to show you what I can.

https://discord.gg/tsmneMRk53