Is it possible to set the writeable storage container as the default storage container shape?

I searched the xml files to see if the player crafted storage container had a list of shapes (including the "writeable" version) and could not find it.  My search on the forums came up short too.

The objective is to make the "Writeable" shape the default shape for the player created storage container.  The reason I want to do this is because this is the shape I use almost exclusively and having to manually switch to it each time is getting tedious (my base usually ends up with about 20 or so due to how I sort things...plus hoarding).

I hope this changes in a future release.

(in blocks.xml I think) I do see the shapes for wood frames and such have a sortorder number parameter, which may apply, but I cannot find the writeable storage container object to see if it has one too.  In theory all it would take is to modify the sort value to put it in front (ie: default), in which case the change could be made into a modlet, but perhaps I'm not even close.

Imho it should be the default shape, because even if you don't intend to write on it, it's just the same as the current default shape. I'd even say that you could remove the current default shape completely from the game and make it a paint texture.

8 hours ago, walkingwounded said:

first attempt at adjusting blocks.xml cntWoodFurnitureBlockVariantHelper record to set the signed variant first did not work (no change in-game), but will keep fiddling to see if I can make any progress.  Very busy lately, but plan to post back if I make any progress.

Hi walkingwounded

You could add the recipe to make only the signed box, that would be easier.
Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, also an option I suppose.

I've actually just decided to go with lockable storage containers and wooden signs for now as they hold a lot more stuff. Just wish I could add up and down arrows to the text (not sure what font type it is, if I knew that I could use the alt+### input method to add the desired symbol (if available).

eg:

alt+133 = à (in whatever this forum font is)

alt+0133 = … (so input is very specific)

Archived