Cannot find, download -7 Days to Die, Darkness Falls pregen maps

DD2210

I have looked everywhere for the dfalls maps. They do not seem to install via manually nor with the launcher. I have looked at the log the launder uses, and I went to that site. Both the Client and server files there have the same maps. Both ways just create under the data/generated worlds folder several other folders : empty, Navezgame, Nitro, playtesting, pregen01, pregen02 and pregen03. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I am currently downloading the A19 server files but if is the same files that the launcher uses I do not think it will have the dfalls maps neither.

Here is the place I see the launcher pull the server files from. 

https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19server/-/tree/master/Data/Worlds

Here is the client files. 

https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19client/-/tree/master/Data/Worlds

In neither do I see the dfalls -large, medium and small maps.  Same with the manual install of the client, trying the server now but my downloading is taking awhile.

1 hour ago, DD2210 said:

Found them, not sure why it does not show up when I try to start a new game. 

D:\Downloads\Darkness Falls Client\darknessfallsa19client-master\Mods\0-DarknessFallsCore\Worlds

Thats because its in your downloads folder and not your 7d2d directory?
Pretty sure for 7d2d to find those maps it has to be in the 7d2d worlds directory... Not in its own. But, idk. I havnt used that mod in years. If that mod didnt have an .EXE id put them maps in the 7d2d directory for pregens or use NITROGEN which has automatic generation for those libraries at the change of an option during world building setup.
Last I knew, Darkness Falls mod required NITROGEN to work but, as I said, its been years.

I had the files in the download folder and in the game data folders. When I hunted to verify them I went into the download folder to just see what was downloaded without any possible change. I figured out what occurred. I had played Darkness Falls via manual install. When I played my HUD was incorrect (no drink/food meters etc.), not sure which Mod I was using I deleted them all, not realizing some were in fact for Darkness Falls, the game had still worked afterwards. Then when I did the launcher, I copied that folder to the new location, so the folders/files in the Mod folder were missing in it. Finally see them in the downloads folder allowed me to copy them in, and select the maps. 

I had thought the maps would be in the worlds folder, until I checked the size of the files there.

18 hours ago, Pichii said:

Pretty sure for 7d2d to find those maps it has to be in the 7d2d worlds directory... Not in its own.

The maps that ship with darkness falls are not in the default world folder, but they are within the mod itself like /mods/darkness-whatever/worlds.

18 hours ago, Pichii said:

Last I knew, Darkness Falls mod required NITROGEN to work but, as I said, its been years.

Yes and no.

Nitrogen somehow supports creating DF-maps, but also not fully. It doesn't ensure that some special DF-POIs are really placed on the map, so if you are playing on a Nitrogen map and want to find the bunker, it may happen that there even isn't one.

So the answer for a long time was the other way round: If you want full DF experience DON'T use Nitrogen. To be sure use pregen, if you want random, at least use RWG.

Ya, that was the mistake I was making, I was looking under data/worlds not mods. Once I saw the file size in data/worlds, I knew they must be elsewhere and was able to find them, then realize I had deleted them. I did not realize those mods were Darkness Falls when I first deleted all the mods to fix my HUD.

Archived