how to post images here?

ErrorNull

yes i'm a noob. how is everyone posting in line images? when i click on "insert image from url" it appears i need to supply an external link from an image hosting site? so i will need to upload my images to an image host first and then generate the link for my posts?

There are several ways

if not linking an external image, 

You should be able to drag the image from your PC into an area below your post (as an attachment)and it will upload it. Another option is “add files” button and then choose the image on your PC. Then you may have to click on the “plus sign” on the image to get it to display in the post. 

i have had issues uploading/attaching images recently so I don’t know if that issue has been fixed yet. When I try to attach images it just errors out, so FYI if you have that issue.

thanks for the suggestions. unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work.

i'm on a pc and while i drag the image from file explorer to my post area.. the image icon says 'move', but when i let go.. nothing happens. i tried different browsers too. i also do not see a button called "add files". i only see the button on bottom right for "insert image from URL". and, on the top row, the closest i see are stuff like "link" and "spoiler".

maybe my account is too 'new' and i have to do more posts or replies first?

32 minutes ago, theFlu said:

Drag & drop of my previous avatar, looks to be working as expected.. for now :)

theFluAvatar.png

hmm i see. i tried again using Edge browser and with my vpn turned off. still nothing happens when i drag and drop. maybe i'll try from another computer when i get the chance. 

do you also get this 'ADD FILES' button that Zombie Hunter mentioned above? i don't see such a button...

13 minutes ago, errornull said:

do you also get this 'ADD FILES' button that Zombie Hunter mentioned above? i don't see such a button...

My bad, it’s “choose files” (per the image above).  I’m not at my PC.  On my phone the forum has a button that says “add files”, so it’s likely a labeling difference on the mobile version.

interesting. thanks Reconstructionist for showing this and thanks Zombie Hunter for the clarification.

looks like i don't even have that section that describes "Drag files here to attach, or choose files... Accepted file types: blah blah blah.. Max total size: sure"

i don't see that little paper clip thingy.

i tried on another computer as well with all default browser settings for Edge and Chrome. same weird problem. my screenshot below.. hopefully you can see i shared from my google drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kI70fuMGkGOAhM_hPb-MVQSKS8dWF11x/view?usp=sharing

49 minutes ago, theFlu said:

You're welcome, Refugee ... ;)

I'm on Firefox, just tested with my Dissenter, that one seems to be working similarly.. possibly a "new account" issue.

oh haha sorry about that theFlu.

i'm thinking prob since i'm so noob account. i guess i'll wait a couple weeks before i try to post my new mod then. ;)

12 hours ago, Maharin said:

I'm using Firefox on Linux and I just copy and paste.  /shrug

Hmm.. i tried CTRL+C on an image file, and then CTRL+V onto the post edit box and got a new message:

"You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL."

thanks for the suggestion. i'm going to just send a message to the support thingy.

Archived