alpha 20 and beyond

Docdeath

I have too much time involving Alpha 19...three bases  and Bloodmoon  "sanctuaries"...ample amounts of mats....what I would like to know if there is a way to keep my server and PC from upgrading to Alpha 20...lost a huge base when it went from 18 to 19.

There should be a time when Alpha 20 is available exclusively as an opt-in experimental version.  This would be the time to go to the game’s properties in your Steam library, Betas tab, and select A19.3 or whatever version you want to keep playing.  Then you’ll stay on that version indefinitely, even after A20 goes stable and everyone else downloads it be default.

I’m sorry to read you lost a huge base going from A18 to A19.  However, these days nothing should be lost unless you try to play a version X saved game while your copy of the game is version Y.  And the game is supposed to prevent you from doing that now: incompatible saves will be marked with a red version number and the Start button will be disabled.

4 hours ago, Gamida said:

I heard A42 is going to be the game for life, the universe and everything.

An entire voxel universe.  The amount of processing power needed to run that would fill an entire universe, methinks.  So you'd need at least two universes to pull this off.

12 hours ago, Maharin said:

An entire voxel universe.  The amount of processing power needed to run that would fill an entire universe, methinks.  So you'd need at least two universes to pull this off.

Marvin would suffice. But he already simulated a few thousand years in his head and was very disappointed and bored with the result.

Archived