How to remove annoying "breath"-like sounds (and other "scary" sounds), that randomly appear?

bryan346

I think its supposed to be scary but sometimes there are these random "scary" sounds (like breath and other unexplainable), that are really annoying. I dont testet but I think these go away when turning ambient off but I still want to hear the wind and so on. It also doesnt go away with music turned off. So I probably have to remove some game files, does somebody know more about it?

After 400 hours, hearing these frequently takes away fun with the game.

• 2 weeks later...

This?

Then we upped it ^^

The sounds alone are high quality and very well made, i like the sounds... but in the game, in the night... i like to sit there and watch the nature being nature and so ... I like immersion and i like the 7d2d-world and setting... but this breaks everything for me... immersion, horrrfeeling and fun... and when i delete those specific files and save the ressource.asset,  my game ... my character was suddenly lvl 1 and all character-progress was deleted, even the landmarks i saved in the map... placed items are all still there ... weird ^^ i don't complain about this, was my fault, but i wish i can somehow disable these specific soundfiles without lost ;D

or can someone, like sickpuppy hehehe, write some short notes about "How to save the ressource.asset correctly ... for Dummies" hahaha

I would appreciate that :)

hm, don't find the editbutton ...

i see the patchnotes for the A19.4 Experimental 5 minutes ago ...

they changed something on the ambient sound system...

so i grab my shamsoup, the cigar and sit under the oak... discover in wich way they changed it,  watching the Bunnies and the clouds passing by... :D

There are mods change the sounds of vehicles and creatures that I use all the time. Download one of those mods, look at the xmls and see how they do it. Then just make your own after you track down the sound files based upon their pathing. BDub's vehicles, Snukfin's zombies, etc. all reference the sound files. 

2 hours ago, Roland said:

But how do we ADD BACK IN the whispering we used to hear in the plains....?

Oh...and the distant trumpeting roar sound as well...

Not to mention the baby crying in the burnt forest.  If it's still there I haven't heard it in forever.

Now we're talking...

I think i was simply overtired... i've removed the entries in the res.asset and TADAAA i have the fooking creepiest horrorgame ever!

after editing i loaded the game, sit in my dark closet... turn the time backwards to 1am and... I fear no man... but this Game... scares me now.

the immersion-option is set to on ^^

(For info: i play on singleplayer for me alone, sometime a friend log on too for exploring the map)

modding the .wad of doom2 20 years ago was waaay easier XD

21 hours ago, Ripflex said:

Why the complaint of creepy sounds...  I like them, I want more.  I want the original crying zombie baby sound in the wastelands.

What's wrong being creeped out in a zombie game ?

Maybe TFP might have a Disable creepy ambients option ...

because it does the opposite...

these specific sounds "a_nightshot_1-6" make a ridicolus ambience that is not funny or scary ... with them it feels like a @%$#ed clown stand there and spam his soundboard on a loop...

so i find this clown, killed him and now the gamenight isn't familyfriendly anymore...

NOW it is creepy, yes... and as i wrote: for me at least ^^ there are some out there with the same opinion, not much, but some... those few individuals want to turn off the music... ALL music... and when i turn down the slider for ambientsounds, ALL ambient sounds like crickets, babies, wind.. all of them are gone... that is not what i wanted...

for music i have to craft the radio and get a batterybank and stuff ... THEN i turn on the music... ^^

some like playing with music, some not ;D

the friends i play with have turn on the musik, can't play without it....

some vote for trump, some vote for biden... it's the difference between the people that makes the world... "interesting"? ;D or more colourfull?

( no rant in this text! if you think i wrote it in an angry way, then you are wrong ;D )

The noises don't bother me too much, but I feel like they cue up too frequently at night. There was an update not too far back when it would be about every fifteen or thirty seconds and man that did grate a bit. It doesn't seem to be that bad anymore. What got me was the small pool of sounds there were so the repetition is what made it really stick out. 

I don't mind the sounds but there's room for improvement. Timing and variety are important. They're annoying when they are too frequent and too repetitive.

There are interesting possibilities with the sounds themselves. I recall a game, I think Balder's Gate, when the soundtrack included the sound of a trap being sprung. Every 40 minutes, or so, hearing the trap noise could make you stop and look around.

So I think if they had more sounds, spread them out a bit more, and sometimes invoked some game sounds (like gunfire in the distance, distant vehicle noises, etc.) that I would like the feature more.

Update: I also recall a Halloween change for Minecraft where they changed game sounds. One of the "there's an unlit cave near" sounds was changed to something like somebody yelling for help. At first that had folks searching around for the victim.

Archived