schematics

I'd like to understand the question a bit more.

Are you asking how you can craft the schematic itself (from paper or something)? You can't, at least not in the vanilla game. If you're running a modded version of the game, then you'll probably get more luck asking in the mod's thread.

Are you asking how you can modify the game to create a new schematic that unlocks a recipe? If so, this is the right place to ask.

The schematics themselves are items. Look in items.xml for an example - say, "medicalFirstAidBandageSchematic". The item you want to unlock is in the "Unlocks" property. The cvar name is just the name of the item you want to unlock.

Then, you need to modify the item itself so it is unlockable via a schematic. To do this, add an "UnlockedBy" property to the item (if it isn't already unlocked by a perk), and add the name of the schematic. Look at the "medicalFirstAidBandage" item as an example.

This assumes the item already has a recipe to unlock. If it doesn't, then you need to create one in "recipes.xml". Any existing recipe will act as a good example.

EDIT: I forgot - once you have the schematic you need to make sure players can find it. To do this, add it to a lootgroup. Thoser are in loot.xml. Since it's a schematic, I would probably add it to one of the "schematicsModsAndGeneral" lootgroups.

Hope that helps.

Archived