Sam's Deco Stuff - A20, Server-Side

saminal

For the house-flippers, the base-builders, the flib-gibbers and other weirdos, here are a bunch of blocks you can use to make your bunker a nice warm home. This is a server-side mod so it only uses existing blocks; it just makes them accessible outside of the creative menu.

Most of the blocks are divided up into a few recipes that give a shape variant block, so you can use the same materials and make a bunch of different items. There are a handful of special items that felt like they needed to be kept separate. Just search 'deco' in the workbench crafting menu and you'll be well on your way. See the screenshot below for a hint at what you'll be getting.

Download here for A19

Download here for A20

As always I'm keen to hear what people think and if there's anything I can add to these mods, just give me a shout.

deco.jpg

Edited by saminal
a20 compatibility (see edit history)

Depending on the host, there may already be a "Mods" folder on your server file structure. If not, you should makes one, sitting at the same level as the Data folder. 

Once you've got that directory, download the zip file and unpack it, then copy the SDecoStuff folder into the Mods folder. Then, start the server, and the mod should be loaded.

Note that if you try the mod and then decide to remove it, you'll have to start a new game on the server, so it might be best to test it on your own PC on a local game first.

21 hours ago, saminal said:

Depending on the host, there may already be a "Mods" folder on your server file structure. If not, you should makes one, sitting at the same level as the Data folder. 

Once you've got that directory, download the zip file and unpack it, then copy the SDecoStuff folder into the Mods folder. Then, start the server, and the mod should be loaded.

Note that if you try the mod and then decide to remove it, you'll have to start a new game on the server, so it might be best to test it on your own PC on a local game first.

As a note, the link provided downloads it as a zip file which unzips to be a config folder and an xml file. You must create a folder named SDecoStuff too put the contents of this zip into as the zip does not create a parent file of that name, as suggested by the mod maker.

3 hours ago, Raging Rawr said:

As a note, the link provided downloads it as a zip file which unzips to be a config folder and an xml file. You must create a folder named SDecoStuff too put the contents of this zip into as the zip does not create a parent file of that name, as suggested by the mod maker.

Thanks for pointing this out. I've found most unzipping programs default to using the archive name as the destination folder (unless you're using 7-zip's "Extract Here"). I also noticed for people who use the ModLauncher, it won't recognise mods in archives unless the top level contains the ModInfo.xml.

Edited by saminal (see edit history)

43 minutes ago, saminal said:

Thanks for pointing this out. I've found most unzipping programs default to using the archive name as the destination folder (unless you're using 7-zip's "Extract Here"). I also noticed for people who use the ModLauncher, it won't recognise mods in archives unless the top level contains the ModInfo.xml.

well! I have an idea: change the appearance of robot fort and fixed fort. I spent some money to buy a lot of modules and maps. I wonder if you can help me

• saminal changed the title to Sam's Deco Stuff - A20, Server-Side

Updated for A20 compatibility - a couple of blocks were removed, and now all the destroyed wood / destroyed concrete blocks are available in the wonderful shapes menu in vanilla.

a20-decostuff.jpg.0424195d530e1607b984d78ef8488cf6.jpg

Added: Fireplace Embers, Fireplace Wood

a20-embers.jpg.f38b9eb185b4f0e3ad304ca22cad6e37.jpg

Wood Burning Stove

a20-fireplace.thumb.jpg.d42c3aa7975104f31a54d83ed8773022.jpg

To-do, by request - add corpse blocks and hospital gurneys.

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings,

Firstly: I love a few of your mods, I just have a question. Per chance to you plan to expand your deco mod with medical decoration items, like gurneys or various lab type equipment? Or workshop items, like tool racks, screws and nails drawers, wood bins, etc

Thank You,

--  Gray

• 1 month later...
On 1/27/2022 at 5:52 PM, Katarin said:

Hello! Are the items paintable with a brush, too? I find the bathtubs and toiles in vanilla absolutely disgusting :)) They have a high contrast compared to a freshly-painted room :) 

I'm afraid not :( I totally agree. Even the "new" items in the game look grimy. You might be interested in a mod called UBBI (Unnecessarily Beautiful But Immersive) by @ztensity which actually adds new assets for improved looks. Unlike mine, it's not server-side only.

• 2 months later...

So the Wood Burning Stove..............

I absolutely love it - but my question is:
Is it for decoration or does it create a "Heat Map" that attracts Screamers? I can't interact with it once placed and is always on, so I assume it's only for decoration?

Thanks.

On 4/5/2022 at 11:49 AM, Sugarfree said:

So the Wood Burning Stove..............

I absolutely love it - but my question is:
Is it for decoration or does it create a "Heat Map" that attracts Screamers? I can't interact with it once placed and is always on, so I assume it's only for decoration?

Thanks.

This one's just for decoration, but I have had a request to add a working version (which you can cook on) to my Working Stuff mod, and when I add that one it'll have a heat effect.

1 hour ago, saminal said:

This one's just for decoration, but I have had a request to add a working version (which you can cook on) to my Working Stuff mod, and when I add that one it'll have a heat effect.

Good. We have enough Screamers as it is. I use them in my kitchen, and I add campfires on top of them lol. Works perfectly and it makes for a super cozy area :)

• 4 months later...